C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Renntech Intercooler

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-13-2002, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200K
As much as I want the Renntech intercooler, I don't think I'll be able to afford the freight costs... so, if Buell or Renn could help me out by posting some numbers...(I don't know jack about intercoolers).. just something I can give to my local intercooler shop to work with.... like (I'm guessing here) cooling rate, flow rate, pressure drop etc etc... so I can get an upgrade custom built.

Thanks,
Old 11-13-2002, 06:17 AM

01 C200 Kompressor, 02 C32 AMG
Originally posted by 3pointedSTAR
...(I don't know jack about intercoolers).. just something I can give to my local intercooler shop to work with.... like (I'm guessing here) cooling rate, flow rate, pressure drop etc etc... so I can get an upgrade custom built.

Yep ... same here.... is the stock intercooler water or air cooled??, dimension of stock intercooler (inlet/outlet size, width, length, height)?? ... somebody ... please?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2002, 06:34 AM

C200K
longest post I've ever made...

bajaiman,

From what I've read on this forum, ours is air/air... dunno the dimensions. Additionally the C32 uses the air/water... I think Buell was talking about it somewhere, but as you know MB rips you off for replacement parts so I'd stay away from it at all costs.

I had to get the rear star on the boot lid once from Gold Coast mercedes (Grand Motors)... it was like $48 for a piece of flimsy plastic.

As far as spray misters go, I used to have an old VL commodore with a HKS turbo on it... I also had a (visually) large intercooler but it wasn't doing much past 15-20 secs of full boost... tried intelligent misters (measures temp and boost) but all that did was empty my 12 liter mister tank pretty quickly.

I;ve just ordered an ASP pulley, so I want an intercooler ready by five weeks. Unfortunately air/water systems are useless here in the Bangkok heat...took off my front bumper today and realized there ain't alot of space in there

Problems problems....

My car is at the local intercooler shop with the front dismantled, they're trying to fit a few japanese ready-made one into it, if they can't then I'll have to wait till Buell or Renn gets back to me with the specs.

Cheers mate,
Old 11-13-2002, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What specs do you want? They used the 24" spearco core, look it up on their site. It's 33 3/4" oc from inlet to outlet.