C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Original idea? or a stupid one.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 A4 1.8TQ
Blake, the whole rant about not being proud of owning a C240 was kind of my dry sense of humor, so I suppose I understand why it flew over most people's heads and took it to be serious. I am actually pretty pleased with my car considering most of the people I know and work with are jealous of it. I know the opinion is different here since this IS a MB forum, so obviously my car being the baseline model for that year, most people on here have something equal or better. Also, I'm not sure how people would assume my car is better than a 240 just by having it say "C-Klasse". It's not like I'd run around telling people "ZOMG I HAVE TEH SPESHUL EDISHUN 3.5 LEETER TURBO". If you still think the idea is stupid, then that's fine, it is what I was asking

Anyways, I guess only a very select few got what I was trying to say in my original post. Too bad I can't delete the whole thread and start over. Who would've known that being tired and not carefully choosing my words or holding back my jokes would cause this to be nominated for worst thread ever

Originally Posted by advans
noo...kinda too busy aint it?

I would seriously get a A-D-V-A-N-S badge, but... where the hell would I get the N from! haha
I'm not really sure I see where the busy-ness comes from. A C230K says "C230" on one side and "Kompressor" on the other. This would only say "C-Klasse" on one side. It would be no more "busy" than Carlsson or Lorinser badges (although it wouldn't hold the status).
Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a w203 cÖuper
Originally Posted by exanimas
I've been meaning to debadge my car since I bought it because... well not too many are overly proud of having the C-class with the weakest engine. Then again, I do like the way the badges look on the back. Without them, it might look too... I don't know, empty maybe? Anyways, I'll get to the point. I was thinking of taking off the "240" part and rebadging (TO C55 TO ADD DA WHORSPOWUR.... sorry) to make it say "C-Klasse". I figured it would be original and might add something to my car so that only those who know their **** would notice it. Any opinions on this idea?

As to how I'm going to do it... that's another story. I was thinking about buying Kompressor badges for the K, S's, and E, CL (or CLK) badges for the L, but I'm kind of stumped on the A. I was thinking Brabus badges, but I'm not sure if they're different size from the stock. I was also looking for websites that do custom badges, but most I found don't let you choose the style and are too blingy or ricer looking. Any help or opinions on this would be appreciated.

***don't pretend like its any other C model...just not right
Old 09-25-2007, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
if you are really serious about doing this, the kompressor badge is smaller. and buying all those sets of badges from the dealer will be pricey...
jlevisw sells custom lettering.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Originally Posted by advans

but... where the hell would I get the N from! haha

You could pick up the N from a "No Klasse", you know, like your BMW, your Audi, your VW........
Old 09-25-2007, 11:01 PM

2005 A4 1.8TQ
Originally Posted by rlee02135
if you are really serious about doing this, the kompressor badge is smaller. and buying all those sets of badges from the dealer will be pricey...
jlevisw sells custom lettering.
Pretty much due to the amount of retarded responses about this I may just do it and see the reaction I get when people actually realize WTF I'm talking about. I think more than half of the responses are waaaaay off target. Thanks for letting me know about the size difference, I kind of had a feeling they wouldn't all be the same size. Just an observation, but it seems that the only people who really got what I was saying seem to be from around Boston. Coincidence?

Worst case scenario: I just debadge again and leave it.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Originally Posted by Blake P
The original post and majority of the replies make this a strong contender for most ignorant post of 2007. Thanks to this and Shake's underglow thread, this week is off to a terrible start.
My bad.

Haha, I knew I wasn't going to feel much love for my thread, but this one is def asking for

First of all, you don't have any AMG parts on the car. I think that maybe...just maybe if you had a amg kit then you could put it. But I think you should just keep the badges on the car. The c-klasse might be too busy. I have kompresser on the back of mine and it seems kind of long as it is.

Last edited by Shake; 09-25-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
sorry examines I skimmed the first post and replied. I didnt' realized that the c55 thing was a joke haha. I still don't think c-klasse is a good idea, but another idea might be better. I would leave the C240 on the left side and figure out something to put on the right side

reading > Shake
Old 09-26-2007, 01:04 AM

2005 A4 1.8TQ
Originally Posted by Shake
sorry examines I skimmed the first post and replied. I didnt' realized that the c55 thing was a joke haha. I still don't think c-klasse is a good idea, but another idea might be better. I would leave the C240 on the left side and figure out something to put on the right side

reading > Shake
Haha, it's alright, I could still edit the original and take out the joke, but I think I'll leave it just to see how many people on here actually read.

Besides, to those looking at it in the future might not realize what exactly happened if I went and clarified things now.