C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Water Drop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 11:14 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230, C2, C7, Leather
Question Water Drop

I get water drops from underneath of the car (from the far front portion of the car) in the morning. Car has been parked in the garage all night. I usually get A/C condensation draining however it usually comes from underneath of the dashboard. This morning after I drove to work (about 30 miles) I saw few water drops on the ground (I touched and it was water) comming from right next to the front tire (there is a bolt that hold the plastic cover underneath of the car). I have not seen any water drops during day (other then A/C condesation). The weather has been clear and dry (unusally warm in Northern California) and I have not washed the car. I did ran A/C yesterday afternoon on the way back to home. Is this normal or something I should be concern about?
Old 10-29-2002, 12:04 PM

2002 C240 Classic
other than the a/c, not really sure. try calling your mb service rep and ask what it could be. or else wait to see if anyone here has a response or experience.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try putting a white piece of paper where the drip is. Sometimes when you look at a liquid at the tip of you finger it appears clear but on white paper you can see what it really is. For example, it may be windshield washer fluid or radiator fluid.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:47 PM
Almost a Member!

C230, C2, C7, Leather
I just went out and check and there are no water droppings and the underneath of the car (where it had the water; front of the right front tire is all dry). It may just been water splash caused by the tire or A/C condensation left over from yesterday. I do have white papers cover in my grage floor and I will check to see any liquid droppingstomorrow morning.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 GLK250 Diesel
Relax...

Relax - it's the AC drain doing its thing. It doesn't always want to empty completely, even with the compressor off for awhile, and the stray drips can go on forever.

As long as it's really water, and not some other fluid that is vital [coolant, brake, ATF, motor oil, steering, etc.], all of which have distinctive colors and odors, this is nothing to be concerned about.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:10 PM
Almost a Member!

C230, C2, C7, Leather
Re: Relax...

Originally posted by jrct9454
Relax - it's the AC drain doing its thing. It doesn't always want to empty completely, even with the compressor off for awhile, and the stray drips can go on forever.

As long as it's really water, and not some other fluid that is vital [coolant, brake, ATF, motor oil, steering, etc.], all of which have distinctive colors and odors, this is nothing to be concerned about.
I thinks so. So far no more drippings and it is all dry underneath the car. The liquid I found dripping this morning was clear and odorless (it is water). Thanks