C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Good trip to dealer!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 mr2 turbo, 2002 coupe
Good trip to dealer!

With so much negative talk of MB lately (not nec. w/service, but just in general) I thought I'd share a good story. This was the 3rd time my car has seen the dealer in my first 9 months of ownership and no I'm not going for any records or lemon cases. First time was the steering wheel button, driver seatbelt locking up and tugging to hard, and one or two other minor annoyances. Second was A service, and this last time was to install the passenger speaker that was on back order, another try on the seatbelt issue, and debadging the ****. They changed out the seatbelt mech. again, but I can't say its better- it doesn't lock up prematurely anymore but it still tugs too hard (save the junior high puns .) They changed out the speaker, but I think they should've listened when I said it was a part around speaker that was buzzing because it still does. Its not too bad and I guess I'll just live w/it until next time.

The good news is that despite telling me there was a 1/2hr labor charge for debadging, I'm yet to come out of the pocket for any services rendered, which is nice and kinda made my day, as I'm extra pleased with my decision to have them do it. The other good news is that I've been treated (w/o hassle) to 2 E320s and this time I requested a C (to check it out, and actually I didn't really like the E- the old one mind you), and ended up with a 240 unfortunately, but it was still nice, looks sharp. So although I had my doubts after my purchase, 9 months later I'm still happy w/it, and convinced I got a real nice car for the $ all things considered, well just thought I'd share a happy. Be well
Old 11-07-2002, 04:04 PM

Westchester

Noticed you are from Westchester. Is service performed at White Plains dealer ?
Old 11-07-2002, 04:22 PM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
Re: Good trip to dealer!

Originally posted by zimmer26
The good news is that despite telling me there was a 1/2hr labor charge for debadging, I'm yet to come out of the pocket for any services rendered, which is nice and kinda made my day, as I'm extra pleased with my decision to have them do it. The other good news is that I've been treated (w/o hassle) to 2 E320s and this time I requested a C (to check it out, and actually I didn't really like the E- the old one mind you), and ended up with a 240 unfortunately, but it was still nice, looks sharp. So although I had my doubts after my purchase, 9 months later I'm still happy w/it, and convinced I got a real nice car for the $ all things considered, well just thought I'd share a happy. Be well
umm...dont mean to be negative but didnt really seem like they solved any issue for you (debadging is like a 15min DIY). The loaners are nice but I didnt buy my car so i can be in OTHER cars, it lessens the convenience but still a hassle to go back and forth from the dealer. I try to get a loaner from dealers b/c they seem to work faster on your car when you have their loaner...sad but true. OVERALL, I'm glad you're being positive about it.
Old 11-07-2002, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
when i had my stock speakers, i experienced the same buzzing sound from the passenger rear speaker. although my dealer also replaced the speaker, the buzzing was still there (like your case).

not sure exactly what may have caused it but i'll never know now (the stock speakers are in the trash).
Old 11-07-2002, 04:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 C320 S.E., 02 BMW 330XI, 00 4Runner
What Dealer

Zimmer,
What dealer did you take your car into for service? I'm in the area, and am sick of dealing with the people in CT.
Thanks,
Adam
Old 11-07-2002, 06:00 PM

Re: Re: Good trip to dealer!

Originally posted by tberry
umm...dont mean to be negative but didnt really seem like they solved any issue for you (debadging is like a 15min DIY). The loaners are nice but I didnt buy my car so i can be in OTHER cars, it lessens the convenience but still a hassle to go back and forth from the dealer. I try to get a loaner from dealers b/c they seem to work faster on your car when you have their loaner...sad but true. OVERALL, I'm glad you're being positive about it.
I knew I could count on someone to rain on my little parade. The fact is they pretty much did what they could with the seatbelt, and the speaker problem is only slightly audible at fairly high volume at certain frequencies, so I can understand them not getting the proper diagnosis (at least on the first attempt.) When I hand them my 27k car and they give me a car that's worth twice as much often for several days without any hassle, that's a big plus in my book. Yes, it would be easier not to bring the car in at all, but let's face it these were fairly nitpicky type problems that I'm sure many people have and either wouldn't even notice or wouldn't care enough to bother with it, but with service like that, why not I figure? So yes I'm still rather positive about things, especially in contrast to servicing my MR2 @Geis and dealing with those shady *** morons.
Old 11-07-2002, 06:07 PM

Re: Westchester

Originally posted by Jerry MB230K
Noticed you are from Westchester. Is service performed at White Plains dealer ?
Nanuet- across the river actually (they weren't the closest to me but were the winning bidder by several hundred.)