C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

How many C230 owners considered the C240?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2002 | 01:51 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
Re: nice try

Originally posted by Mike T.
Ony one sentence was deleted, Einstein, and it was about how massively intelligent you are and how you get paid so much money for your Shakespearean wordsmithing. Ahem.

The deletion of that sentence from my quotation does not change the massive contradiction in your posting that I was quoting, not even a tiny bit.

Pointing out your errors is not particularly difficult, indeed it is quite easy.

Regards
No, this is the sentence that you cut out:

"Is it "us" or me? Most definately, the former."

When you add that to your quote of me, it changes the quote significantly.

Let me slow it down a little for you. My original statement had 3 conceptual components:

1) My writing skills are clear and communicate what I intend to communicate.

2) Sometimes what I write is misunderstood.

AND

3) When it is misunderstood, it is the fault of the reader, not me.

You conveniently quoted only Nos. 1 and 2 - which when read alone could be seen as being inconsistent. But, when you add back in No. 3, there is no inconsistency at all.

I don't think you've ever pointed out any substantive errors that I've made (although I've not ever claimed to be error-free, or that pointing out my errors is difficult - I'm not sure where you get that from).

Last edited by SoCal240/6; 11-11-2002 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2002 | 02:06 PM
Almost a Member!

C240
What kind of question is this???

Is there anybody else out there that thinks Mercedes could do away completely with the C240 and move on with their better performing C230 and C320's?
So you think MB should drop the C240 because it has less power than the C230? All most all of peoples that I know are not into 'power' anymore...safe and pratical car to get family around is what they're into...

If people are really into powers, would they pick the C230?
Old 11-11-2002 | 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Originally posted by David N.
I lack confidence? And what exactly does it say about you when you attack the persoanl character of an individual you know nothing about?
i didn't attack you; i asked you a question.

did you even read my post? i'm trying to get you and others to see that YOUR attacks are simply a waste of time and energy that would be better spent learning more about your car (whatever model it may be) and enjoying owning it.

if you feel the need to attack me as well, then go for it -- it's really not going to effect me one way or the other. it's your time
Old 11-11-2002 | 03:22 PM

2002 C240 Classic - Orion Blue Beast!!
Originally posted by session
i didn't attack you; i asked you a question.

did you even read my post? i'm trying to get you and others to see that YOUR attacks are simply a waste of time and energy that would be better spent learning more about your car (whatever model it may be) and enjoying owning it.

if you feel the need to attack me as well, then go for it -- it's really not going to effect me one way or the other. it's your time
Do comments on an internet forum really destroy your self-confidence and your confidence in your purchase THAT much that you feel so compelled to respond to this thread?

If YOU didn't care about the comments posted, you would not have wasted your time responding to anything in this thread.
Old 11-11-2002 | 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Originally posted by David N.
Do comments on an internet forum really destroy your self-confidence and your confidence in your purchase THAT much that you feel so compelled to respond to this thread?

If YOU didn't care about the comments posted, you would not have wasted your time responding to anything in this thread.
of course i care about the comments posted; they're obnoxious and degrade the quality of the forum and i believe they should be taken to PM.

my point is that attacking me or others, especially based on what cars we drive, will accomplish nothing but diluting the quality of information found on this forum as well as making yourself look immature.
Old 11-11-2002 | 03:29 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
OK, folks. I've received a couple PMs asking that this thread be closed. Since we've generally beaten this one to a pulp, I agree...