C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C320 Wagon owners..Help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 Wagon owners..Help!!

Hi - I am shopping for a sport wagon and have decided between the a4 3.0 avant or the MB C320 wagon.

I will probably buy a slightly used, b/c that is all that is around, with a Starmark warranty, but I am concerned about reliability of electronics and other issues I am seeing on this site.

Have you owners had any problems or concerns since you bought the car or know of any known problems with the 2002 wagons.

Your thoughts or comments are much appreciated I drove this car the other day and it was the most fun and spirited ride I have had. Moreover, it was a great highway cruiser which I do a lot of in the Bay area. I dont like giving up my glove to a cd changer, but... the ride is great.

I am looking at a silver/ash with the c2 package and full leather with 4k miles and a Starmark warranty. They have it listed for $39k, but we both agreed that it needs to sell for a lot less. I was thinking anything below $35k makes sense.

Thanks for your help
Old 11-09-2002, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you aware that there is a $3000 hidden rebate on 2002 C320 wagons? You should be able to get a new one at or below invoice.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:48 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
the C-wagons are not selling as good as MB expected, so most of the dealer are selling the wagon well below MSRP or at invoice. For the price of a new C240 sedan, you can probably get a new C320 wagon.

the glove conpartment is quite big with the CD changer in the upperdeck.
Old 11-11-2002, 01:05 PM

c320 wagon
I love my wagon. I have had it since april and the only problems I've had is with one side sagging on the cover for the trunk area and my rear driver side window clicks when rolling up. These will be taken care of during the first service I have. The only other issues were someone slashing a tire and someone else that was making a left turn changing their mind and turning right when I was next to them. I don't have any noises or electrical problems like other people seem to have. I think the most people who are upset are going to be more vocal than people who are happy. Whenever something bad happens with their car people will try to tell everyone but you aren't going to see people who are going to brag that their car didn't stall on the freeway or that their transmission shifts normally because that is what is expected. Get the MB not the Audi, I looked at both but the Audi seemed like a really nice VW. I'd suggest the W8 Passat wagon over the A4 or at least the A6.

I bought my wagon new for $35K (without full leather), you should be able to get a used one for less.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:28 PM

Bought a 2002 siver/Ash wagon

Thanks for all of your help. I got a 2002 with the C2 package and full leather with only 4k miles on it for $35k and a Starmark inspection.

It seemed to be a fair price for the color combination and features I wanted in a "slightly used car" by one person who traded it for the ML. The car is in mint condition. There are not a lot of 2002 wagons left on the West Coast.

I got them to agree to do a Starmark inspection without the extra year, even though the car was in mint condition. Has anyone had experience with this? It is unusual and I recognize that the inspection has less bite without the warranty, but I insisted I get a signed inspection report of everything that was checked and fixed and that I am surveyed like every other Starmark.

Anyone have any ideas on how to take car of this clearcoat leather?

We pick up the car on Thursday. Very excited!
Old 11-11-2002, 04:17 PM

C320 Sport Wagon
Thumbs up Wagon

5K miles on mine, zero problems. Great design, handling, ride and features. Build quality excellent. Even with the CD player, still plenty of room in the glove box. The V60 does occupy the majority of available room in the upper center console and the boost motor for the rear A/C fills the bottom. I consider that a plus as it keeps junk from collecting. Dependent on where you live, some dealers are offering good wagon discounts-in other areas the car is a pretty fast mover and the deals are less. You should be able to get the Starmark vehicle for less than what they are quoting, if they won't budge go somewhere else and negotiate for a new one.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:22 PM

C320 Sport Wagon
Thumbs up 35K=good deal

Just wipe the leather down with a damp cloth, an occasional treatment with Lexol or Zymol leather cleaner/conditioner will keep the leather smell fresh and remove any soiling. Any good wax specified for use on clear coat is fine.