C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Valentine One Hardwire In Action

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
Valentine One Hardwire In Action

i love this thing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IJL5vgR_pJI

Old 12-30-2007, 07:07 PM

Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
Are there ANY concerns about filming a video AND operating a motor vehicle at the same time?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by wingless
Are there ANY concerns about filming a video AND operating a motor vehicle at the same time?
in my opinion, not in this video
the road was fairly clear of any other vehicles
i was driving well under the limit because of the leo
i didnt need to take my eyes off the road because all i need to do
is hit the on button and the film button and hold the camera near my head

as for driving with one hand...its not against the law
Old 12-30-2007, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
yea V1 is sick cant afford it so i have the passport
Old 12-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
you need the concealed display...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GQIX40BXpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sr63...eature=related

and 'A' mode for All Bogeys is horrible! I use semi-logic, little-'L'
Old 12-30-2007, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by nlpamg
you need the concealed display...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GQIX40BXpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sr63...eature=related

and 'A' mode for All Bogeys is horrible! I use semi-logic, little-'L'
oh i thought that was L for laser mode haha
im gonna be using A mode for a while until i get a good feel of what bands are being used all over my state...just to be on the safe side
so from what a quick google search just taught me, the logic mode alerts u to non-threatening x band bogeys at the muted volume? i feel like i'd be obligated to slow down anyways haha

and yeah ive been thinking about the concealed display...maybe one of the custom color-coded ones on ebay...but i dont think anyone outside my car can even see the v1 display?
your thoughts on this?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by kevblah
oh i thought that was L for laser mode haha
im gonna be using A mode for a while until i get a good feel of what bands are being used all over my state...just to be on the safe side
so from what a quick google search just taught me, the logic mode alerts u to non-threatening x band bogeys at the muted volume? i feel like i'd be obligated to slow down anyways haha

and yeah ive been thinking about the concealed display...maybe one of the custom color-coded ones on ebay...but i dont think anyone outside my car can even see the v1 display?
your thoughts on this?
I don't know about the custom color-coded ones, I have just a regular one in the M3 and a custom reduced-size one in the C230. Both work excellent. People can DEFINITELY see the red lights if they're behind you.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I don't know about the custom color-coded ones, I have just a regular one in the M3 and a custom reduced-size one in the C230. Both work excellent. People can DEFINITELY see the red lights if they're behind you.
hmmm ive heard the age old story of people tailgating others in order to leech off their radar detector....but i just never really believed it i guess

they arent illegal so i guess i wouldnt mind if people saw it from behind me
they wouldnt be able to make out anything through the tint and rear shade

but yeah i might look into a concealed display simply so i dont have to look up as much

do you have the reduced size one in the c230 mounted on the top portion of the instrument cluster or the bottom? do u think a normal sized one would fit as well?
Old 12-31-2007, 04:10 PM

in my opinion, not in this video the road was fairly clear of any other vehicles i was driving well under the limit because of the leo i didnt need to take my eyes off the road because all i need to do is hit the on button and the film button and hold the camera near my head as for driving with one hand...its not against the law
That's very interesting.

Are there any other common justifications, besides the “free hand”, light-traffic and obedience of the speed limit to rationalize activities that distract the operator?
Old 12-31-2007, 04:13 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
That's very interesting.

Are there any other common justifications, besides the “free hand”, light-traffic and obedience of the speed limit to rationalize activities that distract the operator?
please do shut up....
Old 12-31-2007, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
That's very interesting.

Yeah, I really wanted a video of the Valentine One in action.
That's a damn good justification.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
'02 C32, '10 135i M-Sport, '10 E63, '17 GLE63S
Did you do the wiring yourself? How tough was it? Want to do it for my Passport but I'm worried I'll screw my interior, somehow, some way... TIA
Old 12-31-2007, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by evilsaint
Did you do the wiring yourself? How tough was it? Want to do it for my Passport but I'm worried I'll screw my interior, somehow, some way... TIA
yes i did it myself, it was really easy
i used to be nervous about touching stuff like the fuse box
but because i needed power for my underglow and interior led's, i had to do it
so i had no problem tapping the fuse box for power for the v1

it took like 5 minutes...the wire goes from the v1 up into the headliner and down the a pillar into the fuse box...if u think about it, its a pretty short distance...just get yourself something to wedge the wire behind the a pillar and you're all set...its pretty easy. the mb interior looks a lot more unmovable than it really is.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
'02 C32, '10 135i M-Sport, '10 E63, '17 GLE63S
yes i did it myself, it was really easy
i used to be nervous about touching stuff like the fuse box
but because i needed power for my underglow and interior led's, i had to do it
so i had no problem tapping the fuse box for power for the v1

it took like 5 minutes...the wire goes from the v1 up into the headliner and down the a pillar into the fuse box...if u think about it, its a pretty short distance...just get yourself something to wedge the wire behind the a pillar and you're all set...its pretty easy. the mb interior looks a lot more unmovable than it really is.
NFW! I thought you had to go to the rear fuse-box for a power-source that turns off with the car? Here I am thinking that I'm gonna pay for an audio shop to wire it for me
Old 12-31-2007, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by evilsaint
NFW! I thought you had to go to the rear fuse-box for a power-source that turns off with the car? Here I am thinking that I'm gonna pay for an audio shop to wire it for me
well thats the thing...the fuse box in the front is a constant power source...
and if u need a source thats on and off with the car...im sure u can find one up front, no need to go all the way out back
Old 01-01-2008, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by FrankW
please do shut up
Thanks for sharing that incredibly articulate rebut.

No thanks. I elect to continue to speak up against distracted operators. IMO, a driver has one priority. That is not: making videos; texting; chatting on the phone; cosmetic application; reading, or any activity other than safely piloting their motor vehicle.

IMO the two greatest risks to motorists are bad operators and distracted operators. I encounter many Massachusetts operators during my commute and their legendary reputation is well deserved.

It is however interesting to hear the justifications for that conduct.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:46 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Thanks for sharing that incredibly articulate rebut.

No thanks. I elect to continue to speak up against distracted operators. IMO, a driver has one priority. That is not: making videos; texting; chatting on the phone; cosmetic application; reading, or any activity other than safely piloting their motor vehicle.

IMO the two greatest risks to motorists are bad operators and distracted operators. I encounter many Massachusetts operators during my commute and their legendary reputation is well deserved.

It is however interesting to hear the justifications for that conduct.
too bad with all that you fail to realize major cause for traffic accidents fatalities are either drunk driving or speeding. they account for 70 percent of all traffic accidents fatalities in the US.

so I'll say it again...do shut up as no one wants to hear your rant on how people in your region can't drive (maybe it's not the others, but you). tell me you are not one of those that does 60mph on a freeway with traffic speed going at 75mph.

keep it to yourself if you don't have anything constructive to say on the topic.

his justification: because he can and you can't.

Last edited by FrankW; 01-01-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:13 AM

too bad with all that you fail to realize major cause for traffic accidents fatalities are either drunk driving or speeding. they account for 70 percent of all traffic accidents fatalities in the US.
Not according to statistics I found, which list inattention as the number three cause for fatal crashes, shown graphically on page 13.

My concern is not for such a dire outcome, “IMO the two greatest risks to motorists are bad operators and distracted operators.”

The fatal crash data supports my opinion. Combining all the bad driving data, except unknown and drinking, shows bad and distracted as the two greatest risks.

his justification: because he can and you can't.
Actually, this is his justification: “I really wanted a video of the Valentine One in action. That's a damn good justification.”

keep it to yourself if you don't have anything constructive to say on the topic.
The topic is a video created by an operator. Please demonstrate where I have digressed from that topic.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
I don't think me taking my hand off the wheel to record a quick video while still paying equal, if not MORE, attention to the road and drivers around me is that unlike you driving with one hand when you shift.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
The topic is a video created by an operator. Please demonstrate where I have digressed from that topic.
I disagree, the topic is about a Valentine One radar detector hardwired into a W203 and its effectiveness on the road.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:38 PM

2003 C230 Coupe
i think the V1 is pretty cool. Props on the video, now i want one, i live up in canada, will it work the same up here? how much is it?
Old 01-01-2008, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
Originally Posted by AJTanner
i think the V1 is pretty cool. Props on the video, now i want one, i live up in canada, will it work the same up here? how much is it?
thanks, i am almost positive it works exactly the same
because the v1 works overseas in europe as well as many other countries

they retail from Valentine for $400 each...
Old 01-01-2008, 03:49 PM

2003 C230 Coupe
nice thanks for the info!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:40 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Not according to statistics I found, which list inattention as the number three cause for fatal crashes, shown graphically on page 13.

My concern is not for such a dire outcome, “IMO the two greatest risks to motorists are bad operators and distracted operators.”

The fatal crash data supports my opinion. Combining all the bad driving data, except unknown and drinking, shows bad and distracted as the two greatest risks.

Actually, this is his justification: “I really wanted a video of the Valentine One in action. That's a damn good justification.”

aaahhh chuuu............oh i'm sorry, i'm allergic to BS...

way to find Missouri accident statistics. I'm impressed. I didn't know Missouri equal the entire United States. At least find the right information if you want to argue.

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=4&gl=us

you have digressed from the topic started from the first reply you made in the thread. This is topic is about the Valentine 1 and how it shows it's effectiveness. It's not about how kevblah taped the video.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
I see the neons under the dash

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valentine One Hardwire In Action