C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Wheels and tinted windows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c-class 280 4matic
Wheels and tinted windows

Ive been wondering about getting new wheels for my c280 witch i imported from the US to Iceland a few months ago and i need some help. I will post some old pictures of my car i would post new ones but the car is all dirty because of the snow. The wheels that i am thinking about are from an Audi a4 but i dont know what the wheels are called or if they can be used with my car. What do you guys think?

Also what about tinted windows should i have very dark at the front and back because of the light colored interior or 30% front and back or the third option 30% front and dark at the back. please discuss

ps. if anyone has the same color interior and has installed tinted windows please post pics.
Attached Thumbnails Wheels and tinted windows-p4270034.jpg   Wheels and tinted windows-p4270033.jpg   Wheels and tinted windows-untitled.jpg  
Old 02-01-2008, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' C230SS
Originally Posted by Ivar2
Ive been wondering about getting new wheels for my c280 witch i imported from the US to Iceland a few months ago and i need some help. I will post some old pictures of my car i would post new ones but the car is all dirty because of the snow. The wheels that i am thinking about are from an Audi a4 but i dont know what the wheels are called or if they can be used with my car. What do you guys think?

Also what about tinted windows should i have very dark at the front and back because of the light colored interior or 30% front and back or the third option 30% front and dark at the back. please discuss

ps. if anyone has the same color interior and has installed tinted windows please post pics.
for faster results: try running a search. if you use advanced search you can search strictly the w203 forums section. also there is a sticky at the top of the c-class page called *OFFICIAL C-CLASS PICTURE THREAD*. thanks! -and nice car
Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
I would do tinted windows 20% front and back or 30% front and back. Try to keep the same % as it will look better. Search for the "all you need to know about tinted windows thread" as it will give you more information.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:08 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
depends on the A4 wheel's offset. they may or may not fit. You do need to machine the centerbore to MB spec for sure.

the official wheel thread has all kinds of wheel info on what fit and what doesn't to give you ideas.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:14 AM

c-class 280 4matic
I am not the kind of guy that ask question first and then searches believe me. The thing is i dont know much about cars and i want to know if these wheels would fit on my car and if they do what are they called. Thank you
Old 02-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Please read through this stickied thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/228853-must-read-all-w203-owners-posters.html

If you have questions about something that has already been discussed and there is a thread readily available through the AFTERMARKET/DIY STICKY, please post in those threads rather than starting your own.

7 years of a chassis is very difficult to keep organized in one forum and the more duplicate threads we have like this, the more difficult it gets for people to search. Thanks for your cooperation.

Thread closed.

Here is the AFTERMARKET WHEEL THREAD:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...rmarket+wheels
Please post your question in there or read through that thread from start to finish. I assure you that you will gain some knowledge about wheel fitment after reading through.

Here is the TINT THREAD:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/11562-tinted-windows-w203-thread-all-you-want-know-about-window-tinting-c-class.html
There have been all sorts of discussions from moleskin to percentage tint to huberoptik, etc, etc...You will gain some knowledge of tinting from this thread.

btw, these are all placed in the LINK: AFTERMARKET & OEM MODIFICATIONS / DIY - FAQ's stickied at the top of the w203 forum.