C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Faults update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2002 | 08:34 PM

E320 CDI Elegance auto
Faults update

Hi

Car pulling to left - they have done mods and alignment, seems better need to try on motorway.

Rattle in dash - they have tightned something on the ashtray, still getting rattle when on bumpy road, I will see how it goes, maybe raise it again on first service.

Power supply in boot socket pulling out - they have fitted metal plate behind it as they should have done when they fitted it. Now can use my cool/warm box in boot.

Intermittent vibration noise when accelerating from left hard - seems better, need to try out more.

Fuel guage increasing by 1/8 about 3 miles after start up - they have checked it and reading ok, I park on incline at night, I think when you first start car it does a check but then takes a long time after start of journey to re-align, looks like a design issue maybe.

Would you believe it, when I picked it up and almost got back to work, parktronic was not working. Took straight back, they put it straight in workshop and fixed, fuse had gone, they were pretty embarrassed and could not apologise enough. One of those things.

Great to get car back, appreciate the power of this diesel after having C200 Kompressor loaner.

Last edited by Apollo; 11-20-2002 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-20-2002 | 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Re: Faults update

Originally posted by Apollo

Fuel guage increasing by 1/8 about 3 miles after start up - they have checked it and reading ok, I park on incline at night, I think when you first start car it does a check but then takes a long time after start of journey to re-align, looks like a design issue maybe.
Interesting... I wonder if this relates to the note in the manual about not filling when the ignition is on -- they say it will take a long time to register the correct level. Maybe parking on an incline when starting simulates the same thing...