C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

what crazy things did you do while waiting for your car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 MB C230 coupe
Question what crazy things did you do while waiting for your car?

this is for fun and for anyone who ordered their car and had to go through the agonizing wait.

what things did you do while waiting for your car either to pass the time or ease the tension or whatever.

i constantly talked about the car obviously, drove my wife nutz. i read the 2003 brochure cover to cover until i had it pretty much memorized. i got on the net and read countless reviews, even if i'd read them before. i built the car on mbusa countless times, i compared the car to other cars online. basically, whenever i went online, i hit a few mercedes related sites to read about my car or any other mercedes cars. now that i'm gonna get my car next week, all this madness will probably subside.

what did everyone else do to pass the time? did you test drive tons of cars? did you drive past the lot and scope the scene to see if your car had arrived? did you call your salesman everyday and drive him/her insane? did you order lots of accessories for a car you didn't even have yet (i did this)?
Old 11-22-2002, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
I basicly did the same thing you are doing for 5 months...browsing around and gathering info. I bought snow tires and wheels before I had the car only becuase I was taking delivery in January and spec'd the C7.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:39 PM

Just a side question, do you get a discount when you order from MBUSA? With dealers you can haggle with the price, just wondering if you could do the same thing when customizing your order from MBUSA.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:51 PM
taylor192

Re: what crazy things did you do while waiting for your car?

Originally posted by truelove79
i constantly talked about the car obviously, drove my wife nutz. i read the 2003 brochure cover to cover until i had it pretty much memorized. i got on the net and read countless reviews, even if i'd read them before. i built the car on mbusa countless times, i compared the car to other cars online. basically, whenever i went online, i hit a few mercedes related sites to read about my car or any other mercedes cars. now that i'm gonna get my car next week, all this madness will probably subside.

what did everyone else do to pass the time? did you test drive tons of cars? did you drive past the lot and scope the scene to see if your car had arrived? did you call your salesman everyday and drive him/her insane? did you order lots of accessories for a car you didn't even have yet (i did this)?
1. Bugged my girlfriend to death about it.
2. Saved every penny for 2 months so I could take a delivery date 1 month earlier than I had originally budgetted for (then found out they got an Orion Blue one in the next week, arg, impatience!)
3. Read this site daily, and surfed for pics and reviews of the car.
4. Changed my screen saver and wallpaper to the car.
5. Did test drive a few cars, not many. I am waiting to go test drive cars now, but the weather has been crappy. I went into the Nissan dealership again and now seeing what I drive they'd wouldn't think twice about letting me take a 350Z, when before they were hestitant about a SE-R. I wanna test drive a Hummer H2 next.
6. Found steel rims and snow tires, mudflaps, a tint shop, an Audio 10 on ebay, and a tint shop before the car even arrived in the country.
7. Bugged the dealer constantly when my car was 2 weeks late arriving (thus why I am upset driving the silver instead of Blue that arrived the next week... should've waited and custom ordered one rather than take one in production already, as the Oct. deliveries came early and Sept. late. )
8. Flew through the car acquisition steps, the dealer was like "I'll show you this..." and I was like "I already know, just give me the keys" which he responded "you probably know more about this car than me", to which I politely nodded my head.

The wait was worth it, wish I had waited and gotten one with rain sensing wipers, but glad I took the heated seats... they are the option I didn't want but have fallen in love with these last few weeks. I also don't miss the CD changer, glad I have the Audio 10... still undecided about the leather... waiting for summer.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
I think we all did this goofy stuff.

I was also hooked on the MINI Cooper S, and the Audi TT Coupe...I read all the material I could find on all three...it was fun. I love car shopping!!!
Old 11-23-2002, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 Sedan
I read many C-Coupe brochures... i jumped around in my bed.. since it was my very first car...... I went online seeing what the car looked like... the performance... whooooo........ i read some more........... i jumped around some more like a crazed lunatic......... only one week.. so i couldn't do too many crazy things.... if it were one month.. oh gosh i don't know about that....
Old 11-23-2002, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 CLK 500 cab
Mostly I just read this forum
Old 11-23-2002, 04:11 PM

'04 Mars Red C230K 6 sp.
I did all of the above... and since no one had pics of a Magma Red car, I Photoshopped a Citron Green one into a red one.

Truelove, have you seen my car running around yet? When you get yours, let's cruise!
Old 11-23-2002, 04:40 PM

'03 c320wz
i am waiting for mines, and its driving my nuts!!! the eta of my car is late january!!! ive been doing almost the same things as you guys have, except ive also been looking for rims. right now im stuck between amg cl rims, brabus monoblock vi multipiece rims, lorinser lm5 rims, and carlsson 2/6, 1/6 or 2/5. blah. what models did you get and for how much?
Old 11-23-2002, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 MB C230 coupe
RedC230K,

i'm getting mine this week (week of thanksgiving). i'm going crazy. i want to get it before thanksgiving so bad so i can show my fam when i go home. ahhhhhhhhhhh, i can't take it. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 11-23-2002, 09:52 PM

02 c230 kompressor
when i first heard about this car, cant remember when it was..i was like "oh man this is the car for me" and i remember asking my parents for it and they were so adamant about not getting it (since im only 16 and this was my first car) well i still got online ahd built it online and had the screensaver and everything. and everything the screensaver my dad would be like "ah so thats the one you want huh?" and i would be like YES!!!!! well....8 months later....they got it for me. and i absolutely love it. its totaly worth the wait....well i didnt know i was getting it hehe so i never really waited for anything
Old 11-23-2002, 11:00 PM

2002 C230K
I got the name of the RoRo car carrier it was on (it’s on your NetStar printout) and tracked the ship from Germany, to the East Coast ports, through the Panama Canal and finally on to the Port of LA. Learned a lot about ocean shipping while waiting what seemed like forever (actually 15 weeks).

Dave
Old 11-24-2002, 03:57 PM

2003 C230 - C5,C7,CD,Heated Seats, Teleaid,Cinnamora Trim ... Backordered
Janis Joplin...

Wish I could have found the site I pulled the audio from, but the lyrics are here.. Its a good song for the wait

http://www.janisjoplin.net/lyrics/benz.html

----------------------------------
2003 C230 - C5,C7,CD,Heated Seats, Teleaid,Cinnamora Trim ... Late December
Old 11-25-2002, 03:45 AM

c240
imade like 50 burned cds for my cd changer day dreaming of what songs i be bumpin in a mercedes ^_^*sigh*