C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Rims Stolen!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
i just don't get it, you drop your car off at the dealer, they call you your car has no wheels... (you know what i mean)

so they don't wanna bother service your car anymore because it has no wheels

did they already finish what they suppose to do?

did they do a "walk around" to your car just like a valet does before they sign your paper? if so they would also states that you got aftermarket rims

if they didn't do it you could also complaint to the dealer that they didn't do their things completely or poor customer service..

and now they didn't get your car ready but it made things even worse so is truely they are responsible for this and they should be the one that are calling for cop not you..

your job is be their big boss and push your dealer and give them pressure as a customer
Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Hawaiiboy808
thanks guys. I am not planning to keep the car. it will be put back to stock
which sucks because I spent time and money to make my car into what it is now and to have to change it back just makes me so upset. the kid was young. couldn't have been older than 18-19 yrs old. what a punk.
IMO you should not have went face to face with the idiot kid, but definitely pursuit legal action and jail the SOB.

also IMO I don't think you should decide to sell the car that quick because even if the dealership end up being liable for not properly keeping the car in a safe lot they are not liable for your decision to sell the car. You will be taking a hit on resale value. I honestly don't think you will be able to get them to cover your losses. what's done is done...refinish the wheel if you want to keep them. if not, have the stock wheel back on. raise the car up a bit so there wouldn't be coilover clearance issue.

whatever your decision is tho hope you get it taken care of.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
UPDATE: I got the rims back today!!! But.......they are f'kd up. Every single one has the worst curb rash I have ever seen on a rim. I'm talking about the whole damn outside lip of the rim curbed to infinity and beyond. The spokes have scratches and dings all over them. I'm so sad to see them in such bad shape.... I had 2 detectives go with me to the guys house because the father of this kid did not want any more trouble. He said, "if you can i.d. them, i'll make my kid take them off and give them right back." sure enough, the car was parked right outside and as soon as I saw them on his car I knew the were mine. We knocked on the door and the father came and out and said "are they yours?" I said yes. He yells at his son to come take them off. His son came out and I had to walk away because I was about 2 seconds away from getting myself arrested. I wanted to beat this kid to the ground. He opens the garage, drives the car in and starts to take the rims off. This kid had an air compressor at his house and had all the goodies to go with it. He slaps his air gun together and starts taking the rims off. This kid literally had a frickin car shop in his garage. how nice... He even started to question me. "where'd you get em from." "what kind of car were they on?" yada yada yada... shut the hell up you frickin idiot and give me my wheels back!!! aaaahhhhhhhh!!! I wanted to punch this kid right in front of his old man. We loaded em up and took off and the cops started laughing and said "if that was my son, I would beat the living daylight right out of him." I couldn't agree more. Now, I have rims that I don't want anymore and a car that has already been stolen from twice in one week. I'm done with this car. I'm meeting with the GM tomorrow night. I'm not walking out of there until he helps me resolve this hell I've gone through. Yes, I got the rims back. But now I have a punk kid that knows my car, knows what I look like, and will probably see my car around because there aren't many modified c's running around these parts. So my intention is to get into a new car at the end of this. Wether it's a mbz will be up to my wife. As for me, it will take a while before I can trust them again. But to drive this car, to me, will put my wife and daughter in danger because I have no idea what this kid will do if finds my car again and if he does something to it while my wife and daughter and in it, so help me god, I will make sure he knows he fk'd with the wrong guy. Thanks for all those who have helped me. The support has been great. I will still frequent the forum to see whats going on. I know most of you don't know me but when I move back to socal, I'll hit up one of the local meets and we can have a laugh at my expense about this misfortune. Have a great day. Mahalo. ps. make sure you do everything you can to i.d. your rims and tires because if someone jacks them, you might have a shot of proving their yours.
Sorry man, this is an old tactic. "If I can't have them, neither can you" He curbed em deliberate.

E
Old 02-29-2008, 12:04 PM

06 C230
Originally Posted by FrankW
IMO you should not have went face to face with the idiot kid, but definitely pursuit legal action and jail the SOB.

also IMO I don't think you should decide to sell the car that quick because even if the dealership end up being liable for not properly keeping the car in a safe lot they are not liable for your decision to sell the car. You will be taking a hit on resale value. I honestly don't think you will be able to get them to cover your losses. what's done is done...refinish the wheel if you want to keep them. if not, have the stock wheel back on. raise the car up a bit so there wouldn't be coilover clearance issue.

whatever your decision is tho hope you get it taken care of.
\

I agree. I did not want to go face to face with him. I even told the cops that. My wife was completely against it. But the guys just didn't want to give up my stuff without me being there to i.d. them. Maybe I should have just let the guy keep them. I don't know... But how could I just let it go, you know what I mean?? I know that I will take a hit on the resale value. But now that the kid knows my car, knows my face, and knows my wheels, I don't want to put them back on and I don't want him to see me with my car. I honestly think that if he can jack my car once, jack my car twice, he is more than capable of my jacking my car again. I need to talk to the dealer and see what my options are. And the dealer has told me that they will be helping me resolve this. What the means, I dont know. But I have a meeting with the GM and Sales manager tonight and we'll see what they have to offer. Thanks for insight. appreciate it.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:11 PM

06 C230
Originally Posted by Brabus_x2
i just don't get it, you drop your car off at the dealer, they call you your car has no wheels... (you know what i mean)

so they don't wanna bother service your car anymore because it has no wheels

did they already finish what they suppose to do?

did they do a "walk around" to your car just like a valet does before they sign your paper? if so they would also states that you got aftermarket rims

if they didn't do it you could also complaint to the dealer that they didn't do their things completely or poor customer service..

and now they didn't get your car ready but it made things even worse so is truely they are responsible for this and they should be the one that are calling for cop not you..

your job is be their big boss and push your dealer and give them pressure as a customer

if you read my earlier posts, you will have seen that I was not the one that dropped the car off. The body shop did that for me. Had they told me to come and sign the waiver you get when you service the car, I would have done so and I would not have made such a big stink against the dealer. But the fact that I didn't, plus the fact that they did not secure the car after the wheels were stolen made me feel that they had some responsibility. The car has been there for almost 2 weeks, the car is not done being serviced(Still waiting for parts which delayed the delivery back to me) so yes, I do feel that they should have taken more precaution to ensure that nothing happened to it. If they didn't want to, they should have called and told me to come sign the paper in the event that something like this took place. Either way, I'm going to take care of this. Again, thanks to everyone that showed their support. Mahalo.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
how did that kid not have to face any legal consequences?
Old 02-29-2008, 01:03 PM

06 C230
Originally Posted by kevblah
how did that kid not have to face any legal consequences?
Although he had possession of my wheels, I still cannot prove that he stole them. I don't know what more I need but the detective told me that I would need to have hard evidence (video, eyewitness, etc.) to put this kid in jail. I'm praying someone will help me out.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
what car does he had for him to put on 19inch 5X112 rims on his car??
Old 02-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Although he had possession of my wheels, I still cannot prove that he stole them. I don't know what more I need but the detective told me that I would need to have hard evidence (video, eyewitness, etc.) to put this kid in jail. I'm praying someone will help me out.
Wow, today is the first time I read this. So sorry to hear all the troubles you've gone through. The cops would potentially had to have held me back from going crazy on that kid.

That being said, you can't prove that he actually stole them, but couldn't they pursue finding out where he got them? What's puzzling to me is, when the kid was taking the rims off the car, he was actually asking you where you got the rims? I would've been like, "Tell me where YOU got them!"

The whole things sounds fishy and the fact that someone went back to steal the spacers makes it even more fishy. Did you see if the spacers were on the kids car also?

Man, it's crazy stories like this that make me very happy to be living in L.A. The one benefit from living in such an "expensive" city is there are millions of high profile cars fixed up very nicely, that a fixed up C class doesn't really garner that much attention.

I hope everything works out even better for you in the end. And whoever was behind this will surely have to take on a lot of bad kharma.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2022 911 c4s cab, 2022 Lambo Urus
sorry to be the sceptic, but...

so the kid that supposedly stole your rims took it to a wheel shop to get them put on...that shop happens to be the shop that you bought them from? how did the wheel shop know they were stolen? how did they know they were your wheels? You couldnt get a receipt from them showing proof they were your wheels?

AND the kid has a mini-garage at his home already...why would he need to take it to a shop to be fitted?

also, which dealership in utah was it? From the looks of your pictures, looks more like an airport parking lot.

If i missed something, i apologize, but it's just a strange story.

my friend who had a clk430 had his rims along with 5 other MBs stolen from valley motors outside baltimore md back in 2002. He had 18" monoblocks that were stolen and i saw 2 SLs that were on blocks too (dont remember the others). The dealer paid him whatever he stated he had on the car within a week. brought in a quote for the rims, and said he had p-zeros on the car (which he didnt $$$)

anyone else find this story strange?
Old 02-29-2008, 06:44 PM

04.5' C230 SS
Originally Posted by dkim

so the kid that supposedly stole your rims took it to a wheel shop to get them put on...that shop happens to be the shop that you bought them from? how did the wheel shop know they were stolen? how did they know they were your wheels? You couldnt get a receipt from them showing proof they were your wheels?

AND the kid has a mini-garage at his home already...why would he need to take it to a shop to be fitted?

also, which dealership in utah was it? From the looks of your pictures, looks more like an airport parking lot.

my friend who had a clk430 had his rims along with 5 other MBs stolen from valley motors outside baltimore md back in 2002. He had 18" monoblocks that were stolen and i saw 2 SLs that were on blocks too (dont remember the others). The dealer paid him whatever he stated he had on the car within a week. brought in a quote for the rims, and said he had p-zeros on the car (which he didnt $$$)

you should be a detective!!
Old 03-01-2008, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by Endless230
Well atleast that piece of crap kid doesn't get to keep them, and yeah sucks they are all messed up any idea how much it would be to fix them.. Also i still say do what you can to try to get the dealership to reimburse you for something.

And still MAIL HIM POOO!!
http://www.poopsenders.com/order/
HAHA, lmao, that is definitely a funny gag. i'm sending about 3-5 pds of gorilla sh t to my cousin for his bday, thanks for making HIS day!
Old 03-01-2008, 06:37 PM

W203 Kompressor 6spd SS, Audi B5 S4
Originally Posted by drexappeal

Man, it's crazy stories like this that make me very happy to be living in L.A. The one benefit from living in such an "expensive" city is there are millions of high profile cars fixed up very nicely, that a fixed up C class doesn't really garner that much attention.
hahah Nobody pays attention to a C-Class when you're in the OC =P
Old 03-01-2008, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
I would had seriously beat the livin out of that kid. I would go back another day and beat him. seriously
Old 03-01-2008, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
throw a dozen eggs at his house then put a stink bomb in the mailbox!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by blkstar15
you should be a detective!!
who says i'm not?? hahaha....let's hear a response to my detective work
Old 03-04-2008, 03:19 PM

2007 C230
thanks guys. I am not planning to keep the car. it will be put back to stock
which sucks because I spent time and money to make my car into what it is now and to have to change it back just makes me so upset. the kid was young. couldn't have been older than 18-19 yrs old. what a punk.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THIS BUT HOW MUCH FOR THE CAR
Old 03-04-2008, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

excites your girlfriend
Originally Posted by dkim

still waiting for the answer to this...
Old 03-04-2008, 05:55 PM

'07 C230 SS
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
HAHA, lmao, that is definitely a funny gag. i'm sending about 3-5 pds of gorilla sh t to my cousin for his bday, thanks for making HIS day!
Haha yeah no problem i wanted to pull that prank on my friend but hes also my roommate so i figured that might not be a good idea
Old 03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by Endless230
Haha yeah no problem i wanted to pull that prank on my friend but hes also my roommate so i figured that might not be a good idea
lmao!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by ctC230K
still waiting for the answer to this...
yeah me too