C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Color Combinations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Kompressor coupe, white
Originally posted by Vince
white on charcoal. black interiors just look a whole lot better. light interiors get dirty quickly.
I agree, i think it looks a lot better. It was one of the two things i didnt get with my car that i wanted, that and the C7. I also want charcoal because now i want to get two tone leather and i dont know how black with red inserts would look with the light interior. i have my heart set on black and red. I'll prolly just go for it and hope it comes out looking the way i want it to Any suggestions?

I also saw the new pewter coupe a few weeks back in Beverly Hills, looks so much nicer than the brillant silver on the coupe. If that color was available for the 02 i might have considered it.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally posted by MB-BOB
Just to throw in some variety, I really like the Alabaster with JAVA interior. Ash is very light, JAVA is darker. Both require more attention (Java less so than Ash) compared to charcoal, but charcoal looks like a black hole inside a white car. (How's that for breadth of opinion?)

While I have the Java interior, my exterior is Desert Silver, so I have no personal preference to push. I've seen several White/Java on the street, and the combination is stunning and classy.

Finally somebody with as good of a taste and just as warped as me.
I hope its not just an age thing in between all these youngsters here.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally posted by session
white w/ ash cloth

Me thinks that a sedan is being considered here.
Old 11-25-2002, 07:55 PM

2003 C230K
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Color Combinations?

Originally posted by Outland
Pewter Silver Metallic, I think that's the official name for it. Its cool!

Looks much better in person.
I'd definitely agree with that, since that's the color I got That photo on the MB web site is pretty far off from the real color, though - the real color is less grey-ish/silver and more like a darker version of Desert Silver (it has some beige-like tones). I like the color on the web site, but seeing it on a coupe in person actually made me switch cars on the spot from my original choice of black.

But anyway, charcoal leather works great with this color, it's a very nice contrast.

Old 11-25-2002, 09:25 PM

'03 c320wz
damn i wasnt able to change it. they said if i wanted to they could reorder a car but it'll push back the date a month!!!!! i guess i'll have a alabaster white with ash interior. anyone know of a way to keep it clean? would scotch-guarding it help? and how much is scotch-guarding?
Old 11-25-2002, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
You could always go with sheepskins over the Ash leather...protects, keeps it clean and keeps you warm. (yes, they make rear seat covers as well)
Old 11-25-2002, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Color Combinations?

Originally posted by Q-bert
I'd definitely agree with that, since that's the color I got That photo on the MB web site is pretty far off from the real color, though - the real color is less grey-ish/silver and more like a darker version of Desert Silver (it has some beige-like tones). I like the color on the web site, but seeing it on a coupe in person actually made me switch cars on the spot from my original choice of black.

But anyway, charcoal leather works great with this color, it's a very nice contrast.

Like I said, I'd have definately got that color if it had been available in 02...the desert silver is too light, so I went with the brilliant silver, which IMHO, is the best color for the C-Coupe, although it does look good in black, citron and white also. But black is such a ***** to keep looking good. 5 mins after you wash it, it looks dirty again
Old 11-26-2002, 11:28 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by intakex
damn i wasnt able to change it. they said if i wanted to they could reorder a car but it'll push back the date a month!!!!! i guess i'll have a alabaster white with ash interior. anyone know of a way to keep it clean? would scotch-guarding it help? and how much is scotch-guarding?
The hardest part of keeping the lighter interior clean is the floor mats, IMO. I've replaced my cut-pile floormats with WeatherTech rubber mats. Second hardest is cleaning the scuff marks from the door sills where you rub your shoe soles getting in and out. I'm still looking for a good plastics cleaner for that problem.

Beyond that, you'll need a good cannister vacuum cleaner for the carpets, a leather cleaner/conditioner, and a product to clean/coat the dash/doors, etc. Cleaning the leather is not that difficult... much easier than I expected.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:11 AM

'03 c320wz
hrmms. i had a 2000 accord coupe. and well the leather on that weird after i applied the conditioner and the amorall. it got kind of hard and glossy. i noticed it when honda had to replace a seat because they leather had torn at the seems. will this happen with the leather on my soon to be c320? btw, how much was the weather tech floor mats?
Old 11-27-2002, 10:20 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by intakex
hrmms. i had a 2000 accord coupe. and well the leather on that weird after i applied the conditioner and the amorall. it got kind of hard and glossy. i noticed it when honda had to replace a seat because they leather had torn at the seems. will this happen with the leather on my soon to be c320? btw, how much was the weather tech floor mats?
Here's what I have...

For leather: Two bottles... Lexol Leather Cleaner and Lexol Leather Conditioner (With all conditioners, wipe off after a few minutes to avoid the shine) Meguiar's supposedly has a good leather product, too, but I haven't tried it.

For interior plastics: Mercedes-Benz Interior Care (It's private labelled Meguair's, so you can probably find it as Meguiar's, too... either is better than ArmorAll)

For expensive, but high quality WeatherTech Mats, See: Mac Neil/WeatherTech Products

Last edited by MB-BOB; 11-27-2002 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:36 PM

'03 c320wz
i used to have a lexol leather conditioner. and i remembered it giving off a weird smell. errrr. btw for paint, do you use meguires? oh yeah, how much does scotch guarding the interior cost? and has anyone scratch guarded their C yet? how much does scratch guarding cost?
Old 11-27-2002, 02:44 PM

'03 c320wz
has anyone gotten the All Season Floor Mats that MB sells? is it good?