C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

BIX Projector Headlight Problem. HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLACK 05 C230SS
BIX Projector Headlight Problem. HELP

Hi,

Never thought I would ask for help here but I'm stuck. I purchased on Ebay the Projector Headlights. These are the copies of the real BIX headlights. Anyway, I took out my stock clear lights and replaced them with the projectors, hooked up the HID's that I had in the previous lights I got from CarLAB and hooked everything up. Plugged in the connector to the projectors and turned on the headlights and no light. Nothing works and I don't have any errors.

I unplugged the connector from headlight and connected it back to the original and it works. I can't believe that the projector lights are not working. These are brand new and can tell that they are not used.

Do I need to have MB turn on the HID present thing or do you think its really the projector headlight problem. I don't want to take apart the headlights because it was a pain in the butt to remove everything in the first place.

Any thoughts????
Old 02-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by razorfish228
Hi,

Never thought I would ask for help here but I'm stuck. I purchased on Ebay the Projector Headlights. These are the copies of the real BIX headlights. Anyway, I took out my stock clear lights and replaced them with the projectors, hooked up the HID's that I had in the previous lights I got from CarLAB and hooked everything up. Plugged in the connector to the projectors and turned on the headlights and no light. Nothing works and I don't have any errors.

I unplugged the connector from headlight and connected it back to the original and it works. I can't believe that the projector lights are not working. These are brand new and can tell that they are not used.

Do I need to have MB turn on the HID present thing or do you think its really the projector headlight problem. I don't want to take apart the headlights because it was a pain in the butt to remove everything in the first place.

Any thoughts????
Did you transfer over the ballasts from your OEM lights?
Old 03-01-2008, 07:13 AM

BLACK 05 C230SS
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Did you transfer over the ballasts from your OEM lights?
Just to let everyone know.. I fix the problem. I had to push the big connector out of the DEPO lights and than connect it to the Benz plug. The problem is that the connection was being made completely.

I'm satified with the look of the Black DEPO lights I bought from ebay but the lights could be brighter even though I'm using HID 10K.

I'll take some pics soon. My next question if anyone knows is if I add additional foglight to my car, where can I connect the power to in the fuse box instead of to the battery? Anyone know

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
hey bro, congratz on the headlights and fix. show up for SUNDAY ROOSEVELT FIELD MEET at 12!
Old 03-01-2008, 10:39 AM

BMW 520i, C180
Originally Posted by razorfish228
Just to let everyone know.. I fix the problem. I had to push the big connector out of the DEPO lights and than connect it to the Benz plug. The problem is that the connection was being made completely.

I'm satified with the look of the Black DEPO lights I bought from ebay but the lights could be brighter even though I'm using HID 10K.

I'll take some pics soon. My next question if anyone knows is if I add additional foglight to my car, where can I connect the power to in the fuse box instead of to the battery? Anyone know

Thanks!
But I don't think 10k are brighter than 6k. Don't you think?