C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Badge Removal on C-Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008 | 04:02 AM

a w203 cÖuper
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
I think its time for a socal meet, guys

Then set it up.
Old 03-19-2008 | 04:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by lancemb
me and mugen just took off my rear mercedes emblem today. painted it black and glossed it up! there were 3 pins with 3 holes. its one whole piece. you have to be careful not to snap the star from the circle part so starting wiggling it out from the CENTER not the outside!!![/IMG]
You do realize that all you would have had to do was get some thick paper in behind the badge, and paint it without removing it, don't you?
Old 03-19-2008 | 05:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230 Kompressor Coupe, 2003 E320, 2003 Chevy Corvette Z06
Let's DO IT! ! !
Old 03-19-2008 | 06:24 AM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
I'm assuming you missed out on the last one huh. haha
Old 03-19-2008 | 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by tommy
You do realize that all you would have had to do was get some thick paper in behind the badge, and paint it without removing it, don't you?
there would be a greater chance of spraying the other parts of the car, and then there would be drips to worry about. covering the car would be more work than just simply taking it off. the paint may build up somewhere along the edges, etc. it wasn't that hard to take out, really. similar to just debadging. we use spray paint, btw.
Old 03-19-2008 | 06:42 AM

03 c240
Originally Posted by kompressorc230
K-Town! . Yeah i live exactly where you said. Tommy came down here like last week and we worked on my car also. Oh thats how you know him. What do you guys do down here?
ahahahah i kinda had a feeling u were from k-town. LOL. maybe me and tommy will go down to k-town, who knows? if we do we'll hit u up.
Old 03-19-2008 | 06:48 AM

03 c240
are you crazy.....if i got spray paint on the trunk of my car im screwed, and im guessing you would be too. like i always say better safe than sorry. and plus how the heck are you going to put paper under the 3 clips cuz for sure that will leak paint. GG. honestly, thats the most ridiculous idea!!!
Old 03-19-2008 | 07:03 AM

W203 Kompressor 6spd SS, Audi B5 S4
Originally Posted by ChristianJan
I'm assuming you missed out on the last one huh. haha
Didn't even know there was one! Been busy studying for finals hah
Old 03-19-2008 | 09:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

are you crazy.....if i got spray paint on the trunk of my car im screwed, and im guessing you would be too. like i always say better safe than sorry. and plus how the heck are you going to put paper under the 3 clips cuz for sure that will leak paint. GG. honestly, thats the most ridiculous idea!!!
I did mine that way - took all of 15 seconds with a brown shopping bag. I'd have to say that your way seems about 50 IQ points less than mine.
Old 03-19-2008 | 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
I did mine that way - took all of 15 seconds with a brown shopping bag. I'd have to say that your way seems about 50 IQ points less than mine.
so now this is about iq/knowledge? jeez, we're all just people now. i highly doubt that your method is any better than just simply undoing it and painting it. it's not really that hard to take out, and it's always better safe than sorry. jeez, someone sounds a bit arrogant.

in the end, if the quality is the same, if not better, than he's good. there's no wrong way to do it, and with your attitude, you certainly ain't impressing anyone.

, but i also have the same first name as you
Old 03-19-2008 | 11:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Mu9enx
so now this is about iq/knowledge? jeez, we're all just people now. i highly doubt that your method is any better than just simply undoing it and painting it. it's not really that hard to take out, and it's always better safe than sorry. jeez, someone sounds a bit arrogant.

in the end, if the quality is the same, if not better, than he's good. there's no wrong way to do it, and with your attitude, you certainly ain't impressing anyone.

, but i also have the same first name as you
Well, where lancemb called what I said a ridulous idea, that was my jumping-off point. So, sorry if I came off as arrogant, but I wasn't too amused at his reply. If my way hadn't worked, I would have been the first to admit it - no one's perfect - I was offering what I think is a much easier way to do it, without the possibility of breaking the thing off while trying to remove it.

As far as my attitude, well, ask anyone here with a good history on this forum, and you'll see that I'm one of the more helpful members. If I do say so myself.
Old 03-19-2008 | 11:17 AM

C230 coupe, nothing special :)
Wow, This thread went off topic!

Christjan. I think im still going to put the brabus badges on despite your opinion. I mean I have renntech and Kleemann parts on it too. I just like brabus anyone here can understand that, Its something different.
Old 03-19-2008 | 04:15 PM

03 c240
Thumbs up

Well, where lancemb called what I said a ridulous idea, that was my jumping-off point. So, sorry if I came off as arrogant, but I wasn't too amused at his reply. If my way hadn't worked, I would have been the first to admit it - no one's perfect - I was offering what I think is a much easier way to do it, without the possibility of breaking the thing off while trying to remove it.

As far as my attitude, well, ask anyone here with a good history on this forum, and you'll see that I'm one of the more helpful members. If I do say so myself.
didnt mean to offend you. i was just saying that the idea was not well thought out. what would happen if you got spray paint on the car, then what? what if the paint leaked through the middle? 50 IQ points less than your idea?? i dont know about you but i would rather break and buy a new emblem then have my rear paint job owned.

now who's idea is 50 IQ points less?

Originally Posted by Coupe's_FTW!

Christjan. I think im still going to put the brabus badges on despite your opinion. I mean I have renntech and Kleemann parts on it too. I just like brabus anyone here can understand that, Its something different.
hey bud, if you like it then you do it. screw what everyone else thinks!
Old 03-19-2008 | 05:14 PM

a w203 cÖuper
ahahahah i kinda had a feeling u were from k-town. LOL. maybe me and tommy will go down to k-town, who knows? if we do we'll hit u up.
Alright then. I want to see tommy's drop. And man lets have that Socal meet! Yes i missed out on the Irvine one!

***I also have Brabus badges. It is something different.
Old 03-19-2008 | 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o

i known you've been here a bit and all, but your last few posts kinda irked me

oh well, no hard feelings and we have the best first names in the world!
Old 03-19-2008 | 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Alright then. I want to see tommy's drop. And man lets have that Socal meet! Yes i missed out on the Irvine one!

***I also have Brabus badges. It is something different.
lets have a minimeet this weeeekend? before i rub..er.. drive my way home to sac? then i meet up with jordan, lmao!
Old 03-19-2008 | 05:35 PM

a w203 cÖuper
Hey tommy(mu9enx) are you on spring break already?

Alright. When this weekend? Time and place. Im down!
Old 03-19-2008 | 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Hey tommy(mu9enx) are you on spring break already?

Alright. When this weekend? Time and place. Im down!
nah bro, i have a final on SATURDAY IN THE MORNING!

i'm pissed mannng, so lets have a meet in the afternoon? get some lunch or something?
Old 03-19-2008 | 05:43 PM

a w203 cÖuper
nah bro, i have a final on SATURDAY IN THE MORNING!

i'm pissed mannng, so lets have a meet in the afternoon? get some lunch or something?
Wow thats pretty lame. Maybe in the afternoon. They want me to work from 12-8! but thats only a maybe as far as i know of. Maybe at night! . When are you driving back to Sac town?
Old 03-19-2008 | 05:44 PM

03 c240
we should stop hijacking this thread..make a new thread for the minimeet or whatevers.
Old 03-19-2008 | 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Wow thats pretty lame. Maybe in the afternoon. They want me to work from 12-8! but thats only a maybe as far as i know of. Maybe at night! . When are you driving back to Sac town?
sucks! i'm heading back next week, not sure.
we should stop hijacking this thread..make a new thread for the minimeet or whatevers.
haha, lets go to the brabus lip thread!
Old 03-19-2008 | 05:50 PM

a w203 cÖuper
Go to tommy's go go thread or lance's first photo...
Old 03-19-2008 | 06:56 PM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
Originally Posted by Coupe's_FTW!

My intention was not to convince you to not do it, it was just an opinion. I know I wouldn't do it personally, that's all. It's not like you're not going to do it anyways, you already started a thread on doing it haha. I can totally understand that you like Brabus, so do I, so I'm not against you or anyone when you say that anyone else can understand that.
Old 03-19-2008 | 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by ChristianJan
My intention was not to convince you to not do it, it was just an opinion. I know I wouldn't do it personally, that's all. It's not like you're not going to do it anyways, you already started a thread on doing it haha. I can totally understand that you like Brabus, so do I, so I'm not against you or anyone when you say that anyone else can understand that.
if that's the case, my amg bumpers are a free pass to slap on some ///AMG

jk, do what you want bro, rahstyles did.
Old 03-19-2008 | 07:39 PM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
if that's the case, my amg bumpers are a free pass to slap on some ///AMG

jk, do what you want bro, rahstyles did.
HAHA, yeah man, freedom of expression FTW!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Badge Removal on C-Coupe