C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What does 131,000 miles on an 05 C230 look like?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230 silver/black
way to go! so amazing

gotta ask your opinion on this one since apparently you have a lot of experience!
Q: which set of tires u like the most? (with w203)

appreciated!

Joe
Old 04-05-2008, 09:12 AM

My gas sipping C-Class
Originally Posted by cantblockme
way to go! so amazing

gotta ask your opinion on this one since apparently you have a lot of experience!
Q: which set of tires u like the most? (with w203)

appreciated!

Joe
So far, this has been the best tire, for my money:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....4x032&code=yes

Obviously, I want a tire that performs well and is inexpensive, seeing that I'm always replacing tires (at least it seems that way).
Here's my personal take on the four brands of tires I've used on this car:

1. Stock Continentals- are a great tire on dry pavement. Once mine were worn down 50% I had to keep my car around 60mph in the rain or I would hydroplane. Too expensive to replace as much as I was having too.

2. Kuhmo MX- Cheap tire, but honestly felt less sticky that the Conti's. Also not a good tire in the wet, once they had 50% wear.

3. Falken FK452's- These were the tires I had on prior to the Fuzions I have on now. These were fairly cheap and pretty sticky, but damn are they noisy. I will never put these tires on this car again. Too much road noise! Plus, I didn't like the sidewall and lack of rim protection...You know how some tires (like the Fuzions) have that extra lip of rubber to help protect the rim.

4. I figured, since I'm getting the same mileage with every tire I have tried, I would try a super cheap tire..The Fuzion ZRi. So far, this has been the best bang for my buck. The road noise is minimal and they are as sticky, if not stickier than the Contis.... The verdict is still out on the wet weather traction though....I will let you guys know what my opinion is once I can form one.

Scott
Old 04-05-2008, 04:01 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
Originally Posted by scottisha

Obviously, I want a tire that performs well and is inexpensive, seeing that I'm always replacing tires (at least it seems that way).

1. Stock Continentals- are a great tire on dry pavement. Once mine were worn down 50% I had to keep my car around 60mph in the rain or I would hydroplane. Too expensive to replace as much as I was having too.

2. Kuhmo MX- Cheap tire, but honestly felt less sticky that the Conti's. Also not a good tire in the wet, once they had 50% wear.

3. Falken FK452's- These were the tires I had on prior to the Fuzions I have on now. These were fairly cheap and pretty sticky, but damn are they noisy. I will never put these tires on this car again. Too much road noise! Plus, I didn't like the sidewall and lack of rim protection...You know how some tires (like the Fuzions) have that extra lip of rubber to help protect the rim.

4. I figured, since I'm getting the same mileage with every tire I have tried, I would try a super cheap tire..The Fuzion ZRi. So far, this has been the best bang for my buck. The road noise is minimal and they are as sticky, if not stickier than the Contis.... The verdict is still out on the wet weather traction though....I will let you guys know what my opinion is once I can form one.

Scott
Hey thanks so much for your detailed opinion. Really helps a lot. I will consider those fuzion for my next set! My stock Pzero are less than 50% now and they get NOISY too
gotta say low noise, low $$, somewhat sticky are the priorities for me too

Joe
Old 04-06-2008, 12:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 S550, CLS500, ‘03 SL500, “92 190E Sportline
I dropped my car off at the dealership yesterday to take care of 2 recalls.
1. Driver's side airbag
2. Vent hoses

Scott
Is the driver's side airbag recall only for the 2005 C230?
Old 04-07-2008, 03:18 PM

Dia Blk '06 C230 w/3 pedals

Scott
I don't feel so bad about the 75k I have on my 06. And I've got Falken 452s as well. No lip protection bt they don't seem that loud. But then again my last car was a E36 bimmer so...
Old 04-07-2008, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow, who thought a C230 with the M271 would last this long. You give me hope for keeping it past its expiration date (4 yr/50K miles).
Old 04-07-2008, 04:40 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
it-could-go-all-the-way
Old 04-07-2008, 04:53 PM

My gas sipping C-Class
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
Wow, who thought a C230 with the M271 would last this long. You give me hope for keeping it past its expiration date (4 yr/50K miles).
Got a check engine light the day I left the dealer.....turns out the tech forgot to attach one of the vacuum lines that goes the the secondary air pump...

Besides the "command" we pretty much have identical cars. Can't see why yours won't last as long as mine has, unless you baby it and don't drive but a few miles at a time.

Scott
Old 04-08-2008, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I haven't even driven it for 2 weeks. I'll drive it tomorrow to the airport where it will sit for 3 days. It's my job, I'm either working from home or traveling, so not much time to drive.