C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Where to buy flat hood and trunk badges

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy flat hood and trunk badges

I know that there is a Brabus "B" badge available for the back, are there any others? I have contacted dfwdude on here about the hood emblem, but wanted to see if there were other options out there. Please let me know!

PS- My Tein Basics came in! Most likely I will have them installed and then car aligned on Friday, I am planning on having about a one finger gap all around.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
i think mig has a kleeman trunk badge, and there are all sorts of other ones.

there's the oem mercedes flat hood badge,
the ebay amg hood badge [2 different styles i think],
then dfwdude's limited badges,
brabus has a hood emblem and a trunk badge like you siad,

for the oem hood badges try www.formymercedes.com or ebay it
Old 04-08-2008, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. What is the difference between the mercedes OEM flat hood badge, and DFWs? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mu9enx
i think mig has a kleeman trunk badge, and there are all sorts of other ones.

there's the oem mercedes flat hood badge,
the ebay amg hood badge [2 different styles i think],
then dfwdude's limited badges,
brabus has a hood emblem and a trunk badge like you siad,

for the oem hood badges try www.formymercedes.com or ebay it
Old 04-08-2008, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by threatcon07
Thanks for the quick reply. What is the difference between the mercedes OEM flat hood badge, and DFWs? Thanks!
dfw's is smaller and fits in the crevice where the hood star was. i think he basically took the hood star and took out the star, then did some work to attach a special 3d-ish white star. a lot of people has one of his stars, and each of them is numbered. phil has one for sure. you can search for the pics.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 C230K SS
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
dfw's is smaller and fits in the crevice where the hood star was. i think he basically took the hood star and took out the star, then did some work to attach a special 3d-ish white star. a lot of people has one of his stars, and each of them is numbered. phil has one for sure. you can search for the pics.
There is another guy that makes custom flat hood emblems (operates as MKM Customs on Ebay). Similar to DFW, he orders the original MB part where the upright star sits, and fills in the center space with an etched/engraved, small MB star. Since it's also based the original MB part, it also sits in the recess and is all metal construction.

I ordered one from him (here's the Ebay link) and I think it's a quality part. This guy doesn't number them like DFW, and it doesn't look like it's quite as fancy-pants as the White Star, BUT it was about $35 cheaper. I didn't know if the
White Star would look good on my black hood (and silver/chrome CL grille), so I went with the MKM Customs one. I think they're probably about the same level of quality, it just depends on whether you want the fancier/more exclusive White Star.

Honestly, at this point I think there are probably fewer guys with the MKM Customs version than the White Star. Also, if you got some touch up paint that matched your car, you could easily fill in the etched/engraved center star with it and make it truly custom for your particular color. I'm probably going to do that next time I wash my car.