C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Ok - Bimmer fans have Bimmer Magazine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by powa
...Take a closer look, Japanese car has the design that other nation manufacture does not have...
powa- you and I have different approaches to the modifications we think are cool. I’m not belittling anyone, just stating fact. Whatever fires your jets is okay by me.

It’s curious, to me at least, how so many of the Asian marques are styled like those from Germany. The most recent iteration of the Accord looks remarkably similar to a W204. Do you find that at all coincidental?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by jo17jC230
If thats your argument, then why'd you buy a Mercedes C coupe ... obviously you're trying to turn your car to look more japanese so why didn't you just buy a japanese car since their cars are better designed and have better lines as you say.

I have nothing against japanese cars or JDM style so I don't understand why you're throwing that argument out there talking about japanese art and all that. I never said I didn't like it or the style... before I had my coupe I had a riced out civic, flared out on 18" wheels with big wing and all that and I'm not ashamed of the car or how it was modded.

You're posting here asking for opinions and I'm giving my opinion and you don't have to agree with it and I don't have to agree with yours. But don't get all butt hurt because someone doesn't give you compliments on the mods. You asked for an opinion and that's what you're getting good or bad. I actually like some of your mods but others I don't. I like everything about your ride except for the wing and the SL style vents on the fenders but that's just me.

You're arguments make me laugh... why don't you go look in wikipedia, where does it say a car can't be both classy and sporty. Are you gonna tell me that a Porsche can't be classy or sporty at the same time? You're missing my point when I say the car is losing its class. I'm pretty sure you've seen pictures of my old car. I did have a coupe as well and it was heavily modded. It still kept the sportiness of the car but it also kept a sense of "class" as well. Many members here on the forum would agree.

I knew you gonna ask me why i choose Mercedes C-Class Coupe.

The answer is, Pros and Cons for Jap vs Ger

Japanese Car advantage:
- Good car design
- Lower fuel consumption
- Reliablity
- Low Cost
- Technology (using small engine produce efficient power)

German Car Advantage:
- Safety
- Better torque in most engine (better power, give full props to Volkswagon engine for this one)

US car advantage:
- None

Now the reason i choose C-Coupe, cuz by that time it was the cheapest Mercedes i can find. Second of all it's for safety (main reason), in addition, i like the sporty look it gives me compare to most other German car. Though i owned a VW Golf 1.8t before this car, which I can say it's definiately a good car.

Now i must say, I don't like Mercedes, but i like my car because it's my car. I've already getting tired of how Mercedes ripping customer off for repair and maintainence their so called "Quality" car. Back then the Mercedes are flawless and doesn't produce that many problems. Nowaday could you say it out loud to everyone that Mercedes is SOOOO reliable that your car never have anything let down on you?

Now back to my car, I don't like my car to look like everyone's car, thus that is the reason i start modding, in a different route than most of the people on the forum. I know people wouldn't like my car's style, but nonetheless, it create attentions. I wouldn't say my car is "SO good looking", but it has it own place of standing. Hope you know what I mean.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:20 PM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by splinter
powa- you and I have different approaches to the modifications we think are cool. I’m not belittling anyone, just stating fact. Whatever fires your jets is okay by me.

It’s curious, to me at least, how so many of the Asian marques are styled like those from Germany. The most recent iteration of the Accord looks remarkably similar to a W204. Do you find that at all coincidental?
IMO if you look back 10 years from now, you can see the car industry had been changing. From German car block design like Volvo, Japanese car low power and paper armor. Up till now, car industry has been improving and learn from other manufacturer. Nowaday German car adopt some of the Japanese car design element such as aerodynamic (look at VW Jetta), compare to the old days, the car design to German car is a lot user friendly than previous. Come to think of Audi, I don't like the older Audi, but the current design from Audi is surely sexy and good looking.

On the other hand, Japanese side, car has increase in power and better safety, they did lots of work in crash testing and reinforce frame and armor of the vehicle, but keeping the cost low for the end consumer.

With the technology nowaday, informations can easily be accessed compare to the old days. 10 years ago, we wouldn't be talking through internet on the forum, and we'd miss lots of opinions and comments about car modding. From year of 2000, the world constantly changing and start merging the whole world together. Our vision no longer stays in a nations/town/village, our vision now grow beyond the world. So there is no point of looking back at the old text book and learn what it is before. Do something new, creative, refine, open up an enclosed mind.

Gosh this is too deep, I donno how to express this... hope someone will understand what im saying lol
Old 04-17-2008, 12:07 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Japanese pop culture has nothing to do with making the car "RICE"

the word "rice" in car modification stands for adding tacky looking body kits or accessories that simply serves no real function and clashes with the overall design of the car.

so please don't bring the Japanese culture into this discussion.

and for the record European cars has always been more aerodynamic other than when you say NSX, Supra, GTO, etc sports cars. it wasn't until the early 90's Japanese manufacturer started making sports car that are respected around the world.

Last edited by FrankW; 04-17-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:33 AM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by FrankW
Japanese pop culture has nothing to do with making the car "RICE"

the word "rice" in car modification stands for adding tacky looking body kits or accessories that simply serves no real function and clashes with the overall design of the car.

so please don't bring the Japanese culture into this discussion.

and for the record European cars has always been more aerodynamic other than when you say NSX, Supra, GTO, etc sports cars. it wasn't until the early 90's Japanese manufacturer started making sports car that are respected around the world.
which european car are you talking about as for great aerodynamic? and please dont' include those Ferrari, Lambo and all that
Old 04-17-2008, 05:34 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
which european car are you talking about as for great aerodynamic? and please dont' include those Ferrari, Lambo and all that
oookk..., BMW Z1, Mercedes 500E, Audi S2, E30 M3, 190E EvoII, Citroen DS, Jaguar XJS, Saab 900 turbo, Alfa Romeo Spyder, Alfa Romeo Zagato to name a few. These are cars with great aerodynamics during its time with mostly flat under body and tight tolerance for panel gaps.

rewind the Japanese car back to 1990...take away the Z32, R32, NSX, and what do you have left from JDM that's anything considered aerodynamic? clean under body to reduce lift? Nissan Bluebird, Toyota Crown, Honda Civic or Accord of the 90's? don't think so...
Old 04-17-2008, 10:28 AM

w211 e500
Oh btw, to me C-class is hardly "classy", I'd however consider E-class, S-class, CL, CLK, SL to be classy, a C-class? no.
I'm sorry i don't agree with that. I have had both e55 and a c240 and a benz is a benz. They hold the same respect for a true enthusiast. The differences are GREAT, don't get me wrong in power and styling and of course cost, but mercedes design is mercedes design. A real tuner will respect everything from a C to a SLR. Just my .02 call it want you want, but i DO believe our C's are classy. , we could be in a shytty Honda!

Which I've had btw.

Last edited by outaurleague; 04-17-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by outaurleague
Which I've had btw.

ganfstalicious, lol.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
This thread is ridiculous, especially powa's arguments to defend his ricer mods. Simple and plain, your wing and stick on vents are awful and no community of enthusiasts (whether VW, BMW, etc.) who value their cars enough to mod tastefully will agree with you. It might impress the HS kids with riced out civics, but as you can tell by most of the responses you've gotten lately we surely aren't impressed.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:11 PM

W203 Kompressor 6spd SS, Audi B5 S4
We should all just be thankful and blessed we're driving a benz, instead of a Kia or Hyundai. I'm just glad I'm not taking the bus to school everyday. haha
Old 04-17-2008, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
We should all just be thankful and blessed we're driving a benz, instead of a Kia or Hyundai. I'm just glad I'm not taking the bus to school everyday. haha
haha comedy relief. when we gonna get them bulbs bro? you gonna go and sign up for the meguiars class? it's in irvine
Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM

W203 Kompressor 6spd SS, Audi B5 S4
yeah I'm down to go find some bulbs. I don't think SG Superstore carries the red bulbs. Everytime I go there, I only see amber and hyperwhite.

Let me get back to you on the Meguiars class after I find out what it is. haha
Old 04-18-2008, 12:51 PM

w211 e500
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
ganfstalicious, lol.
I know right, i was sooo young in that pic. haha, the good old days, no xenon warning, cheap parts, loud annoying exhaust.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:36 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by outaurleague
I know right, i was sooo young in that pic. haha, the good old days, no xenon warning, cheap parts, loud annoying exhaust.
at least it wasn't riced out with a big wing on the back.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:39 AM

w211 e500
Na, JDM tuning only. Got off on true jdm parts.