C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Ok - Bimmer fans have Bimmer Magazine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dia Blk '06 C230 w/3 pedals
Ok - Bimmer fans have Bimmer Magazine

as well as aftermarket catalogues such as Bavauto. Audi has Audiworld magazine. Hell even VW has VW Trends. What do we Merc folks have?

and go...
Old 04-16-2008, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
I once bought a magazine from Barnes & Noble that was called Mercedes. It seems to be Britain based. I think i've also seen in in Borders.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I think it's actually called "Mercedes Enthusiast". It's a pretty good rag, though very small emphasis on tuning.

It would be nice if there were other options.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:11 PM

2002 C230 Sports Coupe
mercedes needs more tuners. theres not enough options for mercedes mostly because most benz owners dont care for performance upgrades. it makes me go down.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Originally Posted by tommy
I think it's actually called "Mercedes Enthusiast". It's a pretty good rag, though very small emphasis on tuning.

It would be nice if there were other options.
Yep, that's the one i'm talking about.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:00 PM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by anonymouse
as well as aftermarket catalogues such as Bavauto. Audi has Audiworld magazine. Hell even VW has VW Trends. What do we Merc folks have?

and go...
Mercedes ppl don't mod as much and they don't mod wild, why bother making a magazine full of stock looking cars?
Old 04-16-2008, 01:18 PM

w211 e500
Originally Posted by powa
Mercedes ppl don't mod as much and they don't mod wild, why bother making a magazine full of stock looking cars?
+2, most benz owners are LAME, yes LAME when it comes to tuning. We are a handful of tuners. Cardomain will show you that there are a bunch of riced out, exhaust tip, tuners with Mercedes. the better bet is to find a genre that supports some of our models. I have found a home in the bippu world, and that is only by a VERY slim margin. It takes a really creative person to successfully mod a Merc. Just my .02
Old 04-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Bimmer, along with its sister publications Excellence and Corvette are well done and always worth the read. Subscribe to each, just in case an M5, GT3 or Z06 should somehow end up in my garage. They’re each chocked full of worthwhile technical information and intelligent performance enhancing modifications. Neither is too big on the cosmetic stuff. To each his own.

Mercedes Enthusiast is okay. ~$14 on my local newsstand with our abysmal exchange rates. Makes me long for so many of MB’s interesting models that aren’t available in the US. The periodicals market apparently dictates that there are not enough legitimate subscribers to allow a North American based Mercedes publication to be economically feasible.

At least we have MBW.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:09 PM

05 CLK55
There are many Mercedes Mags in Japan, mostly VIP style tunning though.
Some are really nice, but the main concern is I can't read them
Old 04-16-2008, 04:42 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by splinter
Bimmer, along with its sister publications Excellence and Corvette are well done and always worth the read. Subscribe to each, just in case an M5, GT3 or Z06 should somehow end up in my garage. They’re each chocked full of worthwhile technical information and intelligent performance enhancing modifications. Neither is too big on the cosmetic stuff. To each his own.

Mercedes Enthusiast is okay. ~$14 on my local newsstand with our abysmal exchange rates. Makes me long for so many of MB’s interesting models that aren’t available in the US. The periodicals market apparently dictates that there are not enough legitimate subscribers to allow a North American based Mercedes publication to be economically feasible.

At least we have MBW.
+1 john

the US pretty much sucks when it comes to aftermarket support for Mercedes. Even for OEM upgrades sold through the dealership M Gmbh gives BMW much better support by offering the M-tech kit and wheels as dealer installed options while we only have dealerships selling Lorinser kits to S-class buyers that doesn't have any clue on what Lorinser is. When's the last time you see BMW dealership slap on a set of Giavanni bling onto the 7-series. Also when you want to actually order the AMG kit through the dealership they'll give you bunch of excuses not to sell it to you.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:14 PM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by FrankW
+1 john

the US pretty much sucks when it comes to aftermarket support for Mercedes. Even for OEM upgrades sold through the dealership M Gmbh gives BMW much better support by offering the M-tech kit and wheels as dealer installed options while we only have dealerships selling Lorinser kits to S-class buyers that doesn't have any clue on what Lorinser is. When's the last time you see BMW dealership slap on a set of Giavanni bling onto the 7-series. Also when you want to actually order the AMG kit through the dealership they'll give you bunch of excuses not to sell it to you.
they will give u lots of trouble selling AMG kit really? i thought AMG is like an authorized MB mod company tho
Old 04-16-2008, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I think they rather sell you a car off the showroom floor (dealership is financing) than order one which wont show up on the sales report until the month after
Old 04-16-2008, 06:17 PM

W203 Kompressor 6spd SS, Audi B5 S4
I bought a Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine in Hong Kong this winter. The main article was a comparison between the W203 and W204. The 203 was a better car overall, of course. haha
Old 04-16-2008, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
I bought a Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine in Hong Kong this winter. The main article was a comparison between the W203 and W204. The 203 was a better car overall, of course. haha
pics? lol.

i agree with powa's and outtaurleague's comments. tried picking up euro tuner and all i see are bmw's and vw's. bummer!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:54 PM

W203 Kompressor 6spd SS, Audi B5 S4
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
pics? lol.

i agree with powa's and outtaurleague's comments. tried picking up euro tuner and all i see are bmw's and vw's. bummer!
u want me to take pictures of the magazine? haha u want the inside articles too?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 PM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
pics? lol.

Just see what kinda feedback I have from the forum member when i do the mods i have, they could be very negative. Now if I move those mods over to a BMW or VW, i might not get those kinda respond, probably people think it might done right too.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Just see what kinda feedback I have from the forum member when i do the mods i have, they could be very negative. Now if I move those mods over to a BMW or VW, i might not get those kinda respond, probably people think it might done right too.
well i think the whole point is that some things on your car is kinda over the top; like how much downforce do our w203/cl203's need? haha, i think that's what they are trying to say by bashing your mods. but if it makes you happy, go for it bro!
but you're right again, i believe that more people with other marque of cars would probably not give you as much hate.. seems like the only way to mod a MB is not to mod one to an individual taste, but to follow a certain aspect/style. but do you, i can't believe i'm saying this but there seems to be so many coupes now [in this forum] with the brabus lip it's not even funny. at least your coupe kinda sticks out, most people's coupes look the same to me, minus the choice of rims/spoilers.

Last edited by Mu9enx; 04-16-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:15 PM

C320 Coupe
ya i know about down force. But i don't speed anyways, fastest i go is 140 km/h on highway, and i don't go to track or anything. Performence on a car is nearly useless. As a matter of fact, I did not do ANY performance upgrade at all beside lowering my car, which the main reason for that is for cosmetic purpose.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport
Sorry man but I think you'll get the same responses... euro and rice just dont mix.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
ya i know about down force. But i don't speed anyways, fastest i go is 140 km/h on highway, and i don't go to track or anything. Performence on a car is nearly useless. As a matter of fact, I did not do ANY performance upgrade at all beside lowering my car, which the main reason for that is for cosmetic purpose.
well exactly, this platform [excluding AMG models] are almost worthless performance-wise. but it looks good and sips gas [ ty mikey] so i'm grateful, haha. reality is, most cars are never used for track/racing purposes, other than the occasional stoplight encounter, so looking good/unique should be a priority.

reminds me of that one quote, "you laugh at me because i'm different, but i laugh at you guys for being the same."
Old 04-16-2008, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
u want me to take pictures of the magazine? haha u want the inside articles too?
scan baby! i didn't even see your post, LMAO.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:26 PM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by jo17jC230
Sorry man but I think you'll get the same responses... euro and rice just dont mix.
I think that's your own perspective, go on wikipedia or open up a dictionary, where does it say German car cannot be rice? is there a formula saying that as well?

Take a closer look, Japanese car has the design that other nation manufacture does not have. It's the art and flow. If I am to list out example, go look at anime. Japanese anime design look attractive and better than most of the US made cartoon. Marvel super hero? south park? simpson? if you compare these cartoon with japanese anime like Deathnote, Gundam, heck even the oldest Dragon ball, the art perspective from the Japaness point of view is totally different than the US.

Now back on topic, Japanese has strong sense of art. If you still dont know what i am talking about. If you have a chance, go to Japan and look at their grocery store. You will be amazed that all the food packaging they have will make you BUY their product, no matter if it's going to be good or bad taste.

With the same perspective, move onto cars, I'd say most of the Japanese car's design and line is better than Euro car, period.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 PM

C320 Coupe
Oh btw, to me C-class is hardly "classy", I'd however consider E-class, S-class, CL, CLK, SL to be classy, a C-class? no.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:40 PM

2002 C230 Sports Coupe
go look at anime. Japanese anime design look attractive and better than most of the US made cartoon. Marvel super hero? south park? simpson? if you compare these cartoon with japanese anime like Deathnote, Gundam, heck even the oldest Dragon ball, the art perspective from the Japaness point of view is totally different than the US.
i always watched roadrunner and coyote, they were by far the b est.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport
I think that's your own perspective, go on wikipedia or open up a dictionary, where does it say German car cannot be rice? is there a formula saying that as well?

Take a closer look, Japanese car has the design that other nation manufacture does not have. It's the art and flow. If I am to list out example, go look at anime. Japanese anime design look attractive and better than most of the US made cartoon. Marvel super hero? south park? simpson? if you compare these cartoon with japanese anime like Deathnote, Gundam, heck even the oldest Dragon ball, the art perspective from the Japaness point of view is totally different than the US.

Now back on topic, Japanese has strong sense of art. If you still dont know what i am talking about. If you have a chance, go to Japan and look at their grocery store. You will be amazed that all the food packaging they have will make you BUY their product, no matter if it's going to be good or bad taste.

With the same perspective, move onto cars, I'd say most of the Japanese car's design and line is better than Euro car, period.

If thats your argument, then why'd you buy a Mercedes C coupe ... obviously you're trying to turn your car to look more japanese so why didn't you just buy a japanese car since their cars are better designed and have better lines as you say.

I have nothing against japanese cars or JDM style so I don't understand why you're throwing that argument out there talking about japanese art and all that. I never said I didn't like it or the style... before I had my coupe I had a riced out civic, flared out on 18" wheels with big wing and all that and I'm not ashamed of the car or how it was modded.

You're posting here asking for opinions and I'm giving my opinion and you don't have to agree with it and I don't have to agree with yours. But don't get all butt hurt because someone doesn't give you compliments on the mods. You asked for an opinion and that's what you're getting good or bad. I actually like some of your mods but others I don't. I like everything about your ride except for the wing and the SL style vents on the fenders but that's just me.

You're arguments make me laugh... why don't you go look in wikipedia, where does it say a car can't be both classy and sporty. Are you gonna tell me that a Porsche can't be classy or sporty at the same time? You're missing my point when I say the car is losing its class. I'm pretty sure you've seen pictures of my old car. I did have a coupe as well and it was heavily modded. It still kept the sportiness of the car but it also kept a sense of "class" as well. Many members here on the forum would agree.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ok - Bimmer fans have Bimmer Magazine