C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

SLK got totaled...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
Unhappy 4/19/08 10pm.. total the SLK350...

will tell story later

CX9.. wow it look tougher than the MB SLK...

Last edited by KIRA; 04-20-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
wtf happened? were you driving it? you okay?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

it was my brother and his GF
well i was working that night around 10pm and all of sudden i got a phone call, i check it was my brother, i answer it and he sound soo worry and scare he was like..

"i crash..."
"it seems totalled.. iit is upside down... my GF..." ( as in pics the passanger side look pretty messed up...)
i was totally shocked from this sudden phone call and hearing lot of background noises lot of people are trying to help

before he hung up he told me where he crashed, so i beg my manager if i could go now and help him, but my manager said "no, you are suppose to work" i don't give a damn i just run off cause i can only have 1 brother in my life...

i arrived at the scence, the whole intersection is closed but lot of peoples.
then i hurry get off the car and grab one of the officer there and telling him that i am his brother, i took out my ID and they matched so that prove it.

i ask where my brother is, he told me that they are taken to the hosptial (WHICH IS 10MILE AWAY!!) i asked if they were hurt badly the officer told me they are fine.. and is not his fault. THANK GOD!

some guy with a Mazada Cx9 run through Red light while my brother is making a left turn, then boom!! send the SLK flying

SO then i ask the guy on the sidewalk "did you witness when the accident happened?"
he replied me "i.. i was the one that hit the SLK... i ran thru the red light."
at least he admitt it.

after that, i took some pics and off i run to hosptial to see my brother. They are both fine but he hurt his neck and lot of cut from glasses from the car.

at first when i see the passenger of the car i really thought my bro's GF half of her body is gone alread well she also just got minor cut from the glass, not as bad as my bro

soo thank god they are safe

P.S sorry is not in SLK thread and my engrish
Old 04-20-2008, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Well, at least everything turned out alright with your brother and his GF. But your manager is a D1CK. I'd report him up to his boss for that.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:27 AM

97 J30\71 220 gas 4-speed
Glad everyone's okay, very sorry about the car. But please, when you crash, DO NOT invite relatives to the scene.
I work 911. Some of the stories are beyond hideous. Try to keep your head, and let the emergency people do their jobs. Call everyone once you're away from the scene.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Mercedes Benz C230K SS
BRO don't worry that this isn't a SLK thread. We all Thank you for sharing this horrendous story with us! I still can't believe your Mgr would say "NO"... F-That!!! You absolute did the right thing!

Thank GOD your brother and his G/F are OK! Sorry about your car but somethings are more important in life!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
WoW!! Damn dude, the SLK got hit hard. I'm glad that your brother and girlfriend were fine. From the pictures it lookes like they would be very injured, but I guess that shows MB safety. Good thing you didn't listen to your manager, I'm suprised he would say something like that when it's a family member.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
glad to hear ur bro and gf are okay~~~
that's y we drive MBs.... JUST in case something like this happens...
Old 04-20-2008, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230 Kompressor Coupe, 2003 E320, 2003 Chevy Corvette Z06
THANK GOD everyone is alright! ! ! That side impact looks so intense, it was actually hard enough to flip the car, true testament to German Technology, if that were a civic who knows what would have happened. Condolences to your brother and his girlfriend and wishing them a speedy recovery
Old 04-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Really glad to hear your brother and his gf are fine. wow.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:51 AM

2002 C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by KIRA
before he hung up he told me where he crashed, so i beg my manager if i could go now and help him, but my manager said "no, you are suppose to work" i don't give a damn i just run off cause i can only have 1 brother in my life...
I am glad that your brother and his girlfriend are OK. That's a VERY serious crash.

As for your manager, he's an A$$HAT. Take these same photos and submit them to HIS boss along with the fact that he denied you from going to help your brother. Make sure you submit to HR as well. There will ALWAYS be another job, but you only have one family. You did the right thing.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by rtking
I am glad that your brother and his girlfriend are OK. That's a VERY serious crash.

As for your manager, he's an A$$HAT. Take these same photos and submit them to HIS boss along with the fact that he denied you from going to help your brother. Make sure you submit to HR as well. There will ALWAYS be another job, but you only have one family. You did the right thing.

Glad your brother and his gf are okay! That's pretty f'king serious to have the SLK flipped over like that.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLK500
How fast did the CX9 go? Horrible scene ...
Old 04-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
holly ****. thats scary stuff. Glad everyone's aight. Best wishes.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
I'm happy everyone is alright that crash look really bad!! Hope they have a quick recovery!!
Old 04-20-2008, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
it was my brother and his GF
well i was working that night around 10pm and all of sudden i got a phone call, i check it was my brother, i answer it and he sound soo worry and scare he was like..

"i crash..."
"it seems totalled.. iit is upside down... my GF..." ( as in pics the passanger side look pretty messed up...)
i was totally shocked from this sudden phone call and hearing lot of background noises lot of people are trying to help

i arrived at the scence, the whole intersection is closed but lot of peoples.
then i hurry get off the car and grab one of the officer there and telling him that i am his brother, i took out my ID and they matched so that prove it.

i ask where my brother is, he told me that they are taken to the hosptial (WHICH IS 10MILE AWAY!!) i asked if they were hurt badly the officer told me they are fine.. and is not his fault. THANK GOD!

some guy with a Mazada Cx9 run through Red light while my brother is making a left turn, then boom!! send the SLK flying

SO then i ask the guy on the sidewalk "did you witness when the accident happened?"
he replied me "i.. i was the one that hit the SLK... i ran thru the red light."
at least he admitt it.

after that, i took some pics and off i run to hosptial to see my brother. They are both fine but he hurt his neck and lot of cut from glasses from the car.

at first when i see the passenger of the car i really thought my bro's GF half of her body is gone alread well she also just got minor cut from the glass, not as bad as my bro

soo thank god they are safe

P.S sorry is not in SLK thread and my engrish
sorry to hear that, glad to his both your bro and his gf are ok.
and Fxxk ur manager, such a dick.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thx guys, the CX9 was going 40+ with about 4 passengers in it

at first when i look at the SLK i thought SLK were built *****ty by look at the side

then later i just realize it was "side impact" which most of the car beside German don't really able to resist side impact.

as for my manager? i don't really care about that job since i only earn $10/hrs which my brother worth waaay more than that.. she even wrote me up that i have a cell phone with me during work. well i guess she would understand later and i don't mind much as long as my bro is fine.

During the accident, my brother only call me first just to let me know what's going on, that's it. I didn't call my parents about it because my bro is already worry much and don't want my parent thinking if they are dead or not. We let them know about it once his was discharged from the ER. Been staying overnight at the hosptial with my bro and been lying to my parents that i am just over my friend's house playing video games..

well really glad things aren't that bad tho
Old 04-20-2008, 03:36 PM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
good to know ur bro and his gf walked away from the crash!!! that is amazing... another thing that shows you how $$$ cars can save lives.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

and yes, one more thing that they were safe by.. -teleaid SOS.

they detected that the airbag had be deployed, and right away some guy on the radio start talking to my brother, then within 2mins everyone have arrived

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gAq8Q6KSZf8

this video made me cry...

i never ever have a dent, scratch OR SWIRL MARK on this car.. had baby it ever since we got it, less then 5500miles.

and wow.. real torture
Old 04-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
and yes, one more thing that they were safe by.. -teleaid SOS.

they detected that the airbag had be deployed, and right away some guy on the radio start talking to my brother, then within 2mins everyone have arrived

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gAq8Q6KSZf8

this video made me cry...

i never ever have a dent, scratch OR SWIRL MARK on this car.. had baby it ever since we got it, less then 5500miles.

and wow.. real torture
That's gotta be painful to watch.

Again glad everyone is okay. What's going to happen to the guy driving the CX9?

Situations like these always make me wait a second or two and look before I go once the light turns green when I'm at the front.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:32 PM

2009 E350 Sport
Glad to hear everyone's all right. Man with my temper, and if I actually talked to the guy on site that ran the light and hit my sibling, that guy would be going to the hospital.

There's soooo many bad drivers out there these days, it's like they have no regard for the value of human life. After a few experiences I always wait like 2 seconds before going through the intersection on a green light if I'm in the front.

There's a ton of morons/bro's that drive lifted trucks by where I live that fly through intersections when the light turns yellow to red. Seriously I was leaving a shopping center and the light turned green took my foot off the brake, car started to roll, next thing I see is some idiot dressed in all black with a Chevy lifted like 8feet in the air blaze through the intersection.

Meanwhile the cops wanna sweat me for no front plate and CF hood, while these morons are out doing God knows what.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:24 PM

'05 C230Kss
glad that your family is okay and nobody is seriously hurt.
forget that b*tch of a manager
keep us updated on how insurance takes care of everything.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL203
glad to hear you and your family are ok. really scary pictures. keep us posted with details...
Old 04-20-2008, 06:17 PM

03 c240
sorry to hear. now that your slk is gone, whats next?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:55 PM

that red one
I'm so sorry to read about the accident...BUT, very glad to know that your brother and his girlfriend are doing okay....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SLK got totaled...