C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe
View Poll Results: how did you get your teleaid?
i got it free without asking
44.00%
i got it free ... i asked for it to make the deal
8.00%
paid for it
4.00%
did not get it
44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

who got teleaid free???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2002 | 04:02 AM
Veteran: Army

SLC 43, E53
Question who got teleaid free???

I just picked up my c230. I did not get the free teleaid that some of the other c230's got. i did not want it any way but i was just wondering how many of you got it thrown in free???

c230, silver, c7, c2, cd, tinted
Old 01-13-2002 | 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Teleaid was part of a "launch promotion" which also included carpeted floor mats and a key ring. I would have been entitled to the promo if the dealer had ordered my car correctly in May 2001, but they screwed up.....so I demended it on the re-order. (I later found out the mats/key ring are normal "thank you" gifts anyway)

After a lot (and I do mean a lot) of heated negotiating, I finally contacted Mercedes Benz USA, and got them to agree that A) I should be entitled to the promo B) the dealer profit should be spent on installation of a free CD changer...and C) that buying a Mercedes....even a FIRST Mercedes....should not be this difficult once the order is placed.
Old 01-13-2002 | 04:55 PM

C32 AMG, Volvo S80T6
teleaid is part of the package for me

For the first year, Teleaid comes with the car. And although Im not crazy about it, Im gonna keep it cause it lowers my insurance premium by about 100. Since they can locate the vehicle, it makes for less likelyhood of getting stolen (so they think). Or at least they believe they can find it. Its also good for some level of peace of mind. Works kinda kewl as well (when they finally answer the phone).
Old 01-13-2002 | 05:19 PM

2001 C240 6spd
Teleaid came with my C240...I think it comes standard on every MB model except for C230K. There were a few "promo" freebies on the C230 at the introduction of the model...but it is an option on C230K. Have not had to use it...still debating whether to renew the contract at the end of the 'free' first year. But, if you inly get 30 min free, is it cost effective? I think is is around $200 per year after the free year....I think you can get a reduced rate if you sign up for longer than one year....that is what the dealer told me when I got the car.
Old 01-14-2002 | 12:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Mine also was included with the first year free. They told me when I activated it that I could sign up and pay for more, and I would get them at a discount, but I had to do it right then. Since I have never had a system like this before, I decided to wait, and if I want to continue it at the end of the first year, I guess I will just have to pay the regular price.
Old 01-14-2002 | 11:09 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Re: teleaid is part of the package for me

Originally posted by vinmanc32
For the first year, Teleaid comes with the car. And although Im not crazy about it, Im gonna keep it cause it lowers my insurance premium by about 100. Since they can locate the vehicle, it makes for less likelyhood of getting stolen (so they think). Or at least they believe they can find it. Its also good for some level of peace of mind. Works kinda kewl as well (when they finally answer the phone).
Vinmanc32, I'm sure insurance policies vary, but mine (Traveler's) offers a single discount for the on-board alarm system (bundled on MBs separate from Teleaid.) I called to check if there were additional discounts for a car retrieval tracking system, like Teleaid, Northstar or Lo-Jack, etc., but there isn't.

Are you sure you're getting a Teleaid discount, or an alarm discount? If an alarm discount, you will still save the $100, even if you drop Teleaid at the end of the first year.