C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C63 diffuser on w203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
Cool. Glad to see that the single side can be updated for dual. Man I wish I wasnt strapped for cash right now. Damn speeding ticket.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz c230
it's okay, it might be a good thing. We can all be your guinee pig and you can grab some ideas before you're ready for the mod.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by AMGMIZ
Anyone have any problem getting it threw customs.
I just got a email from LAX customs any they need my social # and have fill out some paper work before they can clear it.
it's racial profiling man...

nah...i'm just kidding. it's a random check. BUT call the custom to make sure the email is not a scam. don't just reply them with your information.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A45 AMG Edition 1
call before to given your social ID to make sure wht they needed
Old 08-05-2008, 08:55 PM

2006 C350 SS
Originally Posted by Saprissa
Chad, no offense, but it looks like crap.

Saprissa, keep dumping $$$ into your little C320, and I'll still smoke you. No offense...of course..
You see, there's criticism and just plain disrespect. I obviously love my car and like I said, I'M NOT DONE WITH THIS MOD. However it will look great by the time I'm done. Cheers...And once again no offense to anyone else, I just get a bit bent when people pop-off.

-Chad
Old 08-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Chadski350Sport
Saprissa, keep dumping $$$ into your little C320, and I'll still smoke you...
Totally uncalled for, Chad.

Saprissa is one of our forum’s most highly valued and appreciated contributing members. His unique Affalterbach and MB modifications have been installed to the highest degree of perfection. They’re a roadmap to which many of us aspire. He has traveled the world to source them, all while serving our Country with honor.

Virtually all of us admire his vast knowledge and unwavering dedication to benefit and enlighten the MB faithful.

An event he spearheaded, among others:
photo credit nlpamg

If you’re jonesing for accolades, post pics of your latest mod only when it’s completed its final iteration.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:59 PM

2006 C350 SS
Touche

And it had nothing to with anyone else - It just gets annoying how people are on these forums for somewhat of constructive criticism and to learn about their cars and people pop-off with rude comments. I can take a few words no problem...but when it bugs...I usually tend to throw a few back.

P.S. - Is that Frank's car in the front? And who's to the right?

Sorry Saprissa...I've had one of the worst weeks ever and the only reason I rushed down there to slap that mod on Friday was to try and make a sh*t day just a litttttleeeeee bit better of a day. Maybe jumped into that one a bit fast but just seemed kinda rude so I fired back. GUILTY. Sorry man...
Old 08-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Chadski350Sport
Touche

And it had nothing to with anyone else - It just gets annoying how people are on these forums for somewhat of constructive criticism and to learn about their cars and people pop-off with rude comments. I can take a few words no problem...but when it bugs...I usually tend to throw a few back.

P.S. - Is that Frank's car in the front? And who's to the right?

Sorry Saprissa...I've had one of the worst weeks ever and the only reason I rushed down there to slap that mod on Friday was to try and make a sh*t day just a litttttleeeeee bit better of a day. Maybe jumped into that one a bit fast but just seemed kinda rude so I fired back. GUILTY. Sorry man...
Chad - we all have bad days, but you need to slow your role a 'bit. There are a lot of members on here that have been around before you even bought your car and have done tremendous things to help develop interest in mods being made for the w203. In fact, Saprissa is one of the originals on here that has helped a multitude of MBWorld members get information and build their cars to what they are today (I include myself as one of those people as well). Not only that, his contributions have far exceeded many on here. Since you've barely been a member since 2007, keep in mind that anything "new" to the w203 is usually something that someone had thought of "customizing" before. This mod is no different.

As for your question of whose car is in the front, it is jo17jC230's car.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 c230 v6 SS
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Chad - we all have bad days, but you need to slow your role a 'bit. There are a lot of members on here that have been around before you even bought your car and have done tremendous things to help develop interest in mods being made for the w203. In fact, Saprissa is one of the originals on here that has helped a multitude of MBWorld members get information and build their cars to what they are today (I include myself as one of those people as well). Not only that, his contributions have far exceeded many on here. Since you've barely been a member since 2007, keep in mind that anything "new" to the w203 is usually something that someone had thought of "customizing" before. This mod is no different.

As for your question of whose car is in the front, it is jo17jC230's car.
chad has a point, everyone already stated that he needed to cut the bumper and tuck up the tips, saprissa didnt need to say blatantly it looked like crap. i mean we all thought that but others gave proper insight on what they thought necessary to make the install a lot cleaner. i wanted to chime in, but others already gave their proper feedback and didnt need to add unecessary comments. veterans think they can say whatever they want, but honestly its how you say it that makes you out to be the person people supposedly look up to? i think not, on another note chad didnt need to say what he said, but he didnt mean it, he was only saying that to prove that the way ppl say things on this forum arent how they should be. So if saying "chad, no offense but that looks like crap" was worth the minutes it took to type that , then i guess we can all look forward to the help from you vets who have so much experience with the 203. MYMB FTFW.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:03 AM

06 C55
Originally Posted by anthuny85
chad has a point, everyone already stated that he needed to cut the bumper and tuck up the tips, saprissa didnt need to say blatantly it looked like crap. i mean we all thought that but others gave proper insight on what they thought necessary to make the install a lot cleaner. i wanted to chime in, but others already gave their proper feedback and didnt need to add unecessary comments. veterans think they can say whatever they want, but honestly its how you say it that makes you out to be the person people supposedly look up to? i think not, on another note chad didnt need to say what he said, but he didnt mean it, he was only saying that to prove that the way ppl say things on this forum arent how they should be. So if saying "chad, no offense but that looks like crap" was worth the minutes it took to type that , then i guess we can all look forward to the help from you vets who have so much experience with the 203. MYMB FTFW.
^^^
+++1
Old 08-06-2008, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
LMAO...
Old 08-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Although I do understand what you are saying, anthuny85, the main thing is that one wrong doesn't justify another. Look, it's a message board. People are gonna have their opinions.

If your opinion is that veterans can say whatever they want to, that's your opinion. Truth of the matter is there are a lot of people who have "been there, done that..." and struggled through NO modifications being available for the w203 before many of the newest members were on board (including yourself). I am not saying that Saprissa's response is justified, but like I said earlier...it's a message board. Ultimately, whatever mods a person puts on their car is up to that person. If they like it, they like it and won't need to pay attention to comments of those who don't.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 c230 v6 SS
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Although I do understand what you are saying, anthuny85, the main thing is that one wrong doesn't justify another. Look, it's a message board. People are gonna have their opinions.

If your opinion is that veterans can say whatever they want to, that's your opinion. Truth of the matter is there are a lot of people who have "been there, done that..." and struggled through NO modifications being available for the w203 before many of the newest members were on board (including yourself). I am not saying that Saprissa's response is justified, but like I said earlier...it's a message board. Ultimately, whatever mods a person puts on their car is up to that person. If they like it, they like it and won't need to pay attention to comments of those who don't.
you are right it is a message board, so they both have the right to say whatever they want to right? you cant tell chad to slow his role, and not tell saprissa the same. lol it really doesnt matter to me, i mean if vets are tired of answering the same question over and over then so be it, DONT. i get pm's about my mods that ive discussed in detail in my threads, time after time after time. Everytime i reply with complete detail as to what they are asking,, i dont throw a tissy fit and say STFF!. were all here to help, so if you have something good to say then say it, even if its been said a million times before, otherwise threads will just cluster up with crap like what were talking about. more threads that discuss the same old thing will prolly pop up better in the search, which to me is a bunch of crap ive tried searching things myself before and its annoying..

by no means am i taking out any fustration on you, i know you, drex, as well as i have contributed a fair share of info on this forum, so it jus erks me when ppl need insight and others just give a crap less, were all here to help, criticism aside.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

you are right it is a message board, so they both have the right to say whatever they want to right? you cant tell chad to slow his role, and not tell saprissa the same. lol it really doesnt matter to me, i mean if vets are tired of answering the same question over and over then so be it, DONT. i get pm's about my mods that ive discussed in detail in my threads, time after time after time. Everytime i reply with complete detail as to what they are asking,, i dont throw a tissy fit and say STFF!. were all here to help, so if you have something good to say then say it, even if its been said a million times before, otherwise threads will just cluster up with crap like what were talking about. more threads that discuss the same old thing will prolly pop up better in the search, which to me is a bunch of crap ive tried searching things myself before and its annoying..

by no means am i taking out any fustration on you, i know you, drex, as well as i have contributed a fair share of info on this forum, so it jus erks me when ppl need insight and others just give a crap less, were all here to help, criticism aside.
Sure could've fooled me, bro. Yes, you do know me/my style and there's a reason I became a moderator in the first place (when initially, I held back from coming on board as a mod). I typically try to make the forums as enjoyable, organized and informative as possible for everybody.

In this case, I just didn't want to see the thread turn into something that it shouldn't. Chad, by all means, I understand your need to post a response, but let's not make your thread into what it shouldn't be.

That being said, let's get back on topic of the diffuser. Thanks, guys.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230K '10 GLK350 '13 SMART
hehe on "some" cars it looks like crap but has the potenial to look very nice
Old 08-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
oooooh the drama...
Old 08-06-2008, 04:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 C230WZ SS Capri Blue/Ash
My single left diffuser came in!!! Great packaging job Teo . Took me over 10 minutes to open it up. Too rainy outside to even do anything more than a quick test fit, but it looks pretty good. I'm going to remove the 3M tape and instead go with some black silicone/sealant instead. And here's where I have another question or two:

Tudu and FrankW mentioned the silicone, which is what I'll be using. But how quickly does this stuff bond to the bumper? Because while test fitting the diffuser, because it's plastic and very flexible, I noticed that some spots are not fully flush with the bumper unless I press it to the bumper. Then it looks perfect .

The only thing is that if it takes a couple of hours to set, I'm going to need about 16 hands to hold the diffuser in place during the setting time. Any suggestions on how to keep every section flush during the setting time? I'd hate to duct tape it to the bumper for 6 hours, only to come back after the silicone has set and notice that part of the diffuser lifted and is now permanently 1/8 inch away from the bumper.

I'm also going to have a shop neatly cut out the opening in my bumper. After that, I'm hoping to somehow find some dual AMG tips (preferably OEM ones and not ebay ones). Why oh why doesn't MB sell the tips separately? I know why they don't,....but why ????

Been reading a TON of threads on people modding their exhausts into quad exhausts, the costs thanks to an off center spare tire well (Weidermann and amgmark), the back pressure and potential future engine problems, piping size, loss of power, lack of availability (Weltmeister's), etc.... tons to digest.

And in the end I think for now, I'll probably just see if I can get some OEM AMG tips. I'll remove my single wide oval tip, which I believe covers 2 downward pointing steel tips, and maybe see if I can have a shop add some straight pipes and then weld the AMG tips to the straight pipes. I might do what Chadski did, in maybe getting some nice tips, but I'd prefer AMG ones. Anybody have any they'd like to sell me? Just the tips, no whole muffler

The next time I'm at my dealership, I'll have to take a look underneath at the 2007 C230's they have there. Ideally, that's the setup I'd like to have, but I don't know if the 07's have the same 2 downward pointing exhausts like the 05's and 06's do, and then have the dual AMG tips covering the smaller pipes. Anybody know?

Thanks,

And Thanks Teo. The diffuser looks good man !!

Cintoman
Old 08-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Can't wait to see it Cintoman!

I actually used black silicone (that I got from PepBoys) in addition to the double sided tape to seal and secure my Vorsteiner cSL splitters on my M3. I had to do it three times to get it perfect. The trick is, even though it's pretty flexible and soft, you need to use painters tape to hold the item in place. Just use blue tape and make sure it compresses the diffuser onto the bumper and leave the tape on for at least 12 hours. That way, the silicone has time to dry and the diffuser sticks on closer to the bumper.

Good luck!
Old 08-06-2008, 05:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz C200K Sport Edition and 04 C55 AMG
The only thing is that if it takes a couple of hours to set, I'm going to need about 16 hands to hold the diffuser in place during the setting time. Any suggestions on how to keep every section flush during the setting time? I'd hate to duct tape it to the bumper for 6 hours, only to come back after the silicone has set and notice that part of the diffuser lifted and is now permanently 1/8 inch away from the bumper.

Cintoman[/QUOTE]

What i did was first tape the diffuser to the car with thick masking tape. Where there were gaps I gently (and i mean gently) heated the area with a hair dryer you will find that this allow you to mold the diffuser against the bodywork, once flush all round place sealant around inside edges and centre of diffuser and fix to car (needs 2 people to do the job properly). Push and squeeze out excess sealant use turps or white spirit to wipe excess off bodywork, once in place it will not move or come off. I left mine overnight and its well in place. I used the type of sealant that is used to fix fibreglass car body panels so it sets quite quickly mine was about 1/2 hour due to weather but it is really messy if you get it on your hands etc so suggest you wear latex gloves. Hope that helps. Good luck and keep us posted if you run into probs.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:36 PM

2006 C350 SS

Cheers to that Anthuny - I like this guy...Heh
Well said and I couldn't agree more.

Anyways- good luck to everyone with their diffusers. I'm really enjoying mine and it changed the look of my car ALOT in my eyes. Love it and can't wait to finish the job!

Good luck Cinto and I'll get back to my PM as soon as I can. (my best friend just had a baby and I've been in the hospital for the last few days and haven't had a chance to get back on here).

Baaaacckkkk to the hospital, but hope everyone is having a good one!
-Chad
Old 08-06-2008, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Thanks to FrankW for pointing this thread out to me. Looking forward to seeing installed pics of the single sided diffuser. I can't make up my mind on if I want true dual (quad tip) exhaust or leave it stock. Pics will help.
tsl1212, tried to send you a PM but it says your box is full. I image you're getting a lot of interest in this as of late. Will continue to try and email and PM.
Keep up the great work and as everyone else has mentioned, you're the man!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:58 PM

A45 AMG Edition 1
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Thanks to FrankW for pointing this thread out to me. Looking forward to seeing installed pics of the single sided diffuser. I can't make up my mind on if I want true dual (quad tip) exhaust or leave it stock. Pics will help.
tsl1212, tried to send you a PM but it says your box is full. I image you're getting a lot of interest in this as of late. Will continue to try and email and PM.
Keep up the great work and as everyone else has mentioned, you're the man!
yup received your pm ,reply already pls checked i hope of you guy enjoy with this diffuser
Old 08-07-2008, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold

+1

Agreed

you can't tell one member to show more respect with out telling the other..whether veteran or not the same.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Anybody have pics of the C32, single exhaust diffuser installed yet? Waiting on installed pics before I decide which I'm going to go with....
Old 08-08-2008, 04:59 PM

'03 C32
Just received the diffuser

and i found a crack by one of the fins.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C63 diffuser on w203