C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C63 diffuser on w203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
W212
Originally Posted by tudu
Looks good, did you fix it with black sealant or just use the tape? i have ordered a second one for my C55.
Yes, I use black sealant are-round the edge and inside,u should use the 3M tape also to pace the diffuser to the bumper frist then use sealant.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
Has anyone done their diffuser in Carbon Fiber yet?? i really want to see how that looks.... i might have to get one just to try it out...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A45 AMG Edition 1
Hi thks for all comment on this finally i have done mine in carbon and will try to uploaded the picture .
Old 08-21-2008, 09:21 PM

A45 AMG Edition 1
here are some picture of the carbon diffuser
Attached Thumbnails C63 diffuser on w203-img_0248.jpg   C63 diffuser on w203-img_0249.jpg  
Old 08-21-2008, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tls1212
here are some picture of the carbon diffuser
now that looks nice... do you have any pics of it on the car??

are these available?? if they are, can you pm me?

Thanks....
Old 08-21-2008, 09:58 PM

A45 AMG Edition 1
i will take a photo of the carbon diffuser installed at my car will uploaded soon
Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 PM

c_klasse
im hesitant to do my in carbon fiber due to the fact that the diffuser needs to be flexed a lil in certain areas to fit and doing it in carbon fiber would make it pretty stiff
Old 08-21-2008, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
that Sucks i want Carbon now!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 03:46 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by WaveyKat
that Sucks i want Carbon now!!!
it adds 10hp!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:34 PM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
+1 and agree.
Originally Posted by amcw203
Well, is look great on black color car, if u wants to get this, get the C55 rear diffuser not the C32 one, coz will save u lot for time to install..and I need to let Teo to know this, on the left side is fix perfect but the right side is not at all couse is too hard, u need to cut out the exhaust part then u can fix in to the bumper. But i love this so much, Thank Teo.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C320 (For Sale), 08 Audi TT
Originally Posted by FrankW
it adds 10hp!!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tls1212
i will take a photo of the carbon diffuser installed at my car will uploaded soon
Did you ever get the chance to install the CF diffuser?
Old 08-26-2008, 03:13 AM

A45 AMG Edition 1
already installed on my car will try to take picture later and will uploaded soon
Old 08-28-2008, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
waiting for mine. Nice work TEO.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 1qikctr
waiting for mine. Nice work TEO.
Did you get the cf one??

Teo can you post pics of the cf diffuser installed when you get a chance... Thanks!
Old 08-28-2008, 10:11 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 C230WZ SS Capri Blue/Ash
Finally Installed Mine

Guys,
Finally installed my diffuser. I replaced the 3M tape Teo put on the back of the diffuser with similar 3M tape, only it's wider and felt stickier. Install went smoothly, and by the looks of it, I didn't have to use any silicone. I was originally just test fitting it, then figured I'd remove the tape backing and fully install it. Looked great, but it was lifting a little bit, and that when I decided to remove Teo's tape and use the wider stuff.

As other people mentioned in the thread, the diffuser matches up really well. My only issues are with the right side where it curves. The diffuser is a little bit short and doesn't follow the bumper cut line exactly. It's barely noticeable and no one will ever see it unless they're on their knees looking at it.

I also decided against cutting my bumper to match the diffuser's cut out on the left side (I have the single exhaust cut out). Unlike Chad's white car, which made it super noticeable, mine is Capri Blue, and I was surprised at how you can't really notice it's not cut to match the opening. The other positive is that my exhaust came OEM from the factory a little bit off center from the OEM bumper cut out. It's a bit over to the right. This ended up working out perfectly because now, the exhaust is perfectly centered with Teo's diffuser cut out.

Pics to come in a day or so, as I'm still clamping a few minor spots.

Cintoman
Old 08-29-2008, 03:45 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
cintoman, definitely some pics to see the difference, but the question is is the exhaust tip hanging high enough.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:56 PM

cintoman, definitely some pics to see the difference, but the question is is the exhaust tip hanging high enough.
Hey Frank, how do you think the Weltmeister exhaust would look with the double cut-out? I just hope it looks centered, if I do go that route.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Merc power
Mr teo, whats going on with the order?? pls get back to me asap
Old 08-31-2008, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question

I am interested in the C32 version...is there a difference in price? What is the price?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:58 AM

Cintomans' Single Side Diffuser Pics

Hey Frank and everyone else,
Well, I was finally able to take some quick pics of the diffuser on my car. Please pardon the major dirtiness of my car. I spent most of the day detailing a friend's car while mine is all dirty.

I'd like to mention that I'm going to be removing the diffuser and re-installing it. The wider 3M tape I used still doesn't hold it in some places, so I'm going with this other 3M tape that's supposed to be much stronger. It's called 3M Acrylic Plus Tape 06384. The cool thing about this tape is that it's black versus the standard light gray 3M tape. Plus I'm also using 3M Automotive Adhesion Promoter 06396 which you apply to both surfaces prior to attaching the tape. We'll see how it goes. Should be fun trying to remove the diffuser, since it's pretty well stuck in 95% of the bumper.

Anyways, here are the pics. Like I mentioned before, I decided against cutting the rear bumper, and it's really difficult to see the mismatch unless you're on your knees looking straight into the exhaust. Thanks to my Capri Blue color. But what do you guys/gals think? Is it THAT noticeable?

The exhaust is now very close to centered within the diffuser's cutout. Plus I don't think it's hanging low.

While the diffuser is out, I'm also going to fix some of the small fitting issues. Each end of the diffuser tends to overhang (or is it underhang) past the end of the bumper on the very bottom, which is a bit noticeable from the sides (see last pic). Plus the same thing on the rest of the diffuser. I want to remove some of it so it's flush with the bottom cutout/end of the OEM bumper.

What do you all think? Suggestions. Comments. Again please pardon the appearance of the diffuser unsticking on the left side above the exhaust.

Thanks,
Cintoman

Old 09-02-2008, 03:30 AM

Mercedes Benz C200K Sport Edition and 04 C55 AMG
[QUOTE=Cintoman;3027353]Hey Frank and everyone else,
Well, I was finally able to take some quick pics of the diffuser on my car. Please pardon the major dirtiness of my car. I spent most of the day detailing a friend's car while mine is all dirty.

I'd like to mention that I'm going to be removing the diffuser and re-installing it. The wider 3M tape I used still doesn't hold it in some places, so I'm going with this other 3M tape that's supposed to be much stronger. It's called 3M Acrylic Plus Tape 06384. The cool thing about this tape is that it's black versus the standard light gray 3M tape. Plus I'm also using 3M Automotive Adhesion Promoter 06396 which you apply to both surfaces prior to attaching the tape. We'll see how it goes. Should be fun trying to remove the diffuser, since it's pretty well stuck in 95% of the bumper.

Anyways, here are the pics. Like I mentioned before, I decided against cutting the rear bumper, and it's really difficult to see the mismatch unless you're on your knees looking straight into the exhaust. Thanks to my Capri Blue color. But what do you guys/gals think? Is it THAT noticeable?

The exhaust is now very close to centered within the diffuser's cutout. Plus I don't think it's hanging low.

While the diffuser is out, I'm also going to fix some of the small fitting issues. Each end of the diffuser tends to overhang (or is it underhang) past the end of the bumper on the very bottom, which is a bit noticeable from the sides (see last pic). Plus the same thing on the rest of the diffuser. I want to remove some of it so it's flush with the bottom cutout/end of the OEM bumper.

What do you all think? Suggestions. Comments. Again please pardon the appearance of the diffuser unsticking on the left side above the exhaust.

Thanks,
Cintoman

Bet you are glad you didn't use black sealant first time round as would be difficult to remove. When you are done with the minor jobs and happy with the fit, as i suggested in previous thread i would just use black sealant. Don't know why you want to mess around with tape as it wont stick at 100% due to the moulding not being a correct fit.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:13 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
definitely less noticeble the cutouts are different, but IMO the exhaust tip should be a little higher which with the original cutout you can't really adjust it.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 AM

A45 AMG Edition 1
sorry for late reply due out of town! i just come back will let u guy know the pricing for the cf diffuser asap
Old 09-02-2008, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by tudu
Bet you are glad you didn't use black sealant first time round as would be difficult to remove. When you are done with the minor jobs and happy with the fit, as i suggested in previous thread i would just use black sealant. Don't know why you want to mess around with tape as it wont stick at 100% due to the moulding not being a correct fit.
Definitely glad about that. I'm sure it'll still be a bit difficult to remove it with the tape that's on now.

To be honest tudu, I'm a bit nervous about using the black sealant, when you mentioned in your thread to make sure I have a bunch of turpentine and mineral spirits. But maybe you (and anyone else that used the sealant) can help me out with some concerns I have using the sealant. Ideally, I think the sealent would work out the best, but again, I don't want to slop the stuff, get it all over my bumper, and make a total mess out of it, while still not achieving my goal of it matching the bumper cutout perfectly.

Here's my concerns:
Now that I have the black tape and adhesive promoter is coming soon, I'll probably use both the tape and the sealant. Since the tape is black, I was thinking about putting it on the leading edges of the diffuser, and then using the sealant along the inside of the diffuser. Suggestions? Should I do it this way, or install the tape more towards the inside of the diffuser and use the sealant along the outer edges. Basically, I want the top edge of the diffuser to match up exactly and tightly with the cutout line along the bumper. Right now, the diffuser is on and matches the cut line nicely. But there are some areas that the diffuser is more tightly stuck to the bumper. As such, the grey tape is not noticeable, but other areas it's not as tightly stuck, and you can see the grey tape. It's not unsticking, but just not as tight. Basically, on these areas, if I pressed my fingers to the diffuser, it would push in and fit more tightly. But when I let go, eventually, it won't be as tight. BTW, I put my expert ms paint skills to good use and threw together a quick pic showing both methods. Any suggestions on what's better/cleaner looking?

If I use the sealant on the outside edges and the tape on the inside, should I make a bead line with the sealant on the diffuser first, then press it to the bumper, or should I stick the diffuser on the bumper with the tape, then use the sealant along the edge next and press it on? Doing it either way makes me think that the sealant will be squirting out onto the bumper once the diffuser is pressed in place, which might be a bit messy to clean up. How thick of a bead line should I make?

How do you keep the diffuser pressed firmly to the bumper? My fear is that I'll put the sealant on press the diffuser in place, hold it firmly as best I can with my 2 hands, but then come back only to see that part of the diffuser moved away from the bumper, and now it's impossible to press it back in place because the sealant hardened? Suggestions? Or do I need 5 guys (10 hands) to hold this in place while the sealant hardens? About how long does it take to harden?

Sorry so many questions....

definitely less noticeble the cutouts are different, but IMO the exhaust tip should be a little higher which with the original cutout you can't really adjust it.

Looking at it now, I can see where you can say the exhaust is a bit lower. Raising it up won't really work without cutting the OEM cutout a bit. But I see what you mean. I'm thinking it's acceptable to me for now.

Thanks guys !!

Cintoman
Attached Thumbnails C63 diffuser on w203-diffuser-diagram.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C63 diffuser on w203