C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

It was icy here yesterday, i trippedin the driveway and put a nice dent in my fender

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was icy here yesterday, i trippedin the driveway and put a nice dent in my fender

Well last nite there was some black ice in my driveway. So im walkin outside and i really didnt see it. I tripped and i had a coat on and fell on my drivers side fender.

Anyways i looked at it this morning and i have like a 1 inch crease above the wheel well. Any advide on how to remove this

Im suprized me falling on it inflicted such damage hehe.
Old 12-29-2002, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A crease usually requires a trip to the body shop, but you might try one of those paintless dent repair shops first.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:26 PM

2005 Porsche Boxster 987
haha u fell on your car?

i guess it shouldnt be funny but it kinda sounds funny...
Old 12-29-2002, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
As long as the paint isn't cracked or chipped...
You can purchase a paintless dent removal tool from most AutoZone/PepBoys type stores for about $25. These tools are basically an epoxy resin(and solvent), suction cup and screw jig that allow you to slowly pull the dent without further damaging your paint.
Word to the wise, also get a fine grit No7 compound paste and lightly buff the area, then wax after removing the dent.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Audi S4
Originally posted by Rick
As long as the paint isn't cracked or chipped...
You can purchase a paintless dent removal tool from most AutoZone/PepBoys type stores for about $25. These tools are basically an epoxy resin(and solvent), suction cup and screw jig that allow you to slowly pull the dent without further damaging your paint.
Word to the wise, also get a fine grit No7 compound paste and lightly buff the area, then wax after removing the dent.
C&D did a test of this product and said it was worthless. I have no firsthand experience with it, thats just what they said!
Old 12-29-2002, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
C&D tested the product but did not use the epoxy. They were simply trying to use the suction cup without the adhesive...which will just pull lose.

I've used it on parking lot dings in both my parent's cars, my old Talon, my girlfriend's PT Cruiser and my ex-girlfriends Infinity....It's not perfect, it's not a body shop, but if you're careful, you can do a decent job and make a nasty dent hardly noticable...

disclaimer: I have no holdings in the companies that make, market or sell these devices...I'm just sharing my experiences and hoping you can gleen some logical information that may prove helpful
Old 12-29-2002, 09:14 PM

for a crease you will need to have it filled. those dent removal products will not work.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Originally posted by nov0798
for a crease you will need to have it filled. those dent removal products will not work.
A body shop should be able to get rid of the crease for you, if it's a good body shop. It doesn't need to be filled. It looks like sh*t when people just fill in stuff with bondo or something like that. For your MB, if you can't fix it yourself by pulling it out, take it to a body shop. And if it is a crease, you probably won't be able to pull it out correctly. But please don't fill it. If you can afford the car, you can afford to get this fixed if you want it to look right.
Old 12-30-2002, 12:36 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
my dad had my dog on a leash the other day and was walking next to my clk and my dog sat down then it saw a bird and tried running and my dad was not looking....so my dog pulled my dad and his hand hit the back of the clk i heard a loud noise so i looked and his wedding ring made a nice round ding on the side of the car. i never had one ding till now. (on that car)
Old 12-30-2002, 02:33 AM

It looks more like a someone dented it with a knucle its not relaly big, but its annoying to think i did it by falling on it!!

Basically a ding, not very deep but like a little circular one. Ill have to see whta im gunna do.

Thanks everyone!
Old 12-30-2002, 03:54 AM

2001 C240
i don't know about where you guys live.. but here we have a place called dent wizard... and i take all our cars to them... it's al little expensive... about $100 for a little dent, but if you're anything like me, and can't stand to see a dent on your car, it's worth it. Dent wizard works miracle in my opinion... i'd recommend them to anyone... it's better than having to paint the fender... and if you catch the dent quick... it'll come out easier... go for the paintless dent removal... it's the best for those kinds of dents