C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Just Rollnnn.... evolution of another W203..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by shivi1345
So you think the Pulley > Header?

lookin good like always man
I think that could be true, because the pulley gives more bottom end so i feel it early. At 2k rpm it pulls a lot harder than it used to. I'm not really a fast driver so i don't get into the high rpm's too often. Basically with everyday driving, i would say yeah pulley is better than header.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05.C230K.SS
damn Roland, you're takin your ride to a whole new level!

i'll wait and see how your car performs in about a month with the pulley and ecu tune, then hear your feedback. im considering doing some engine upgrade as well cuz our engines fukin suck, and yeah man talk about the throttle lag

oh btw did you still feel a lack of torque at low speeds (under 2k rpm) before your pulley, ecu tune, and header install cuz i think im getting major backpressure with that ELITE muffler FACK
you think AAA can do anything with it?
Old 06-27-2009, 02:46 PM

05.C230K.SS
oh btw roland, i did a little bit of research last night. found out that running 2 mufflers after the secondary cat on our engines kill the airflow :[

do you know if taking off 2 mufflers and putting 1 new muffler back on would make better flow, cuz the car is sooooo sluggish from green light to accelerating under 3k rpm
Old 06-27-2009, 09:17 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by rocafel1a
damn Roland, you're takin your ride to a whole new level!

i'll wait and see how your car performs in about a month with the pulley and ecu tune, then hear your feedback. im considering doing some engine upgrade as well cuz our engines fukin suck, and yeah man talk about the throttle lag

oh btw did you still feel a lack of torque at low speeds (under 2k rpm) before your pulley, ecu tune, and header install cuz i think im getting major backpressure with that ELITE muffler FACK
you think AAA can do anything with it?
lack of torque = lack of back pressure. I've seen the Elite muffler/canister. my friend had it on his E92 M3 and he lost tons of low end torque. The Elite canister is just a straight through resonator in reality. It does nothing to "muffle" / creating back pressure as normal muffler does.

my advice, add a actual muffler.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:03 AM

05.C230K.SS
Originally Posted by FrankW
lack of torque = lack of back pressure. I've seen the Elite muffler/canister. my friend had it on his E92 M3 and he lost tons of low end torque. The Elite canister is just a straight through resonator in reality. It does nothing to "muffle" / creating back pressure as normal muffler does.

my advice, add a actual muffler.
f man, sounds like i got "jewd" (no offense to any Jews though) :[
pepe said his elite mufflers are legit stuff too...argh ive had it less than a year and now im runnin into this trouble...iono if that warranty **** on the elite's can cover for this...i really dont want to throw in couple hundred to get a new muffler...
Old 06-28-2009, 05:54 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
pepe said his elite mufflers are legit stuff too...argh ive had it less than a year and now im runnin into this trouble...iono if that warranty **** on the elite's can cover for this...i really dont want to throw in couple hundred to get a new muffler...
people that sells the header back Elite exhaust system to the new M3 for $1200-1300 said they were legit too. It sure sounds good for a 6hp gain while losing all the torque from 2k-4k rpm on an already not that torquey M3. It took me one drive of the M3 to convince my friend to put the stock back on and sell the elite exhaust.

AAA does good custom works in making the piping etc. no offense to AAA, but those Elite are garbage unless you just want it to sound loud. Pepe? is that the short guy that was from Drex's picture? He used to work at Valley Muffler in Rowland Heights. recommended some "Sebring" muffler to one of my friend ML saying they were legit. The exhaust sounded like **** and the "sebring" turned out to be fake.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:55 AM

05.C230K.SS
people that sells the header back Elite exhaust system to the new M3 for $1200-1300 said they were legit too. It sure sounds good for a 6hp gain while losing all the torque from 2k-4k rpm on an already not that torquey M3. It took me one drive of the M3 to convince my friend to put the stock back on and sell the elite exhaust.

AAA does good custom works in making the piping etc. no offense to AAA, but those Elite are garbage unless you just want it to sound loud. Pepe? is that the short guy that was from Drex's picture? He used to work at Valley Muffler in Rowland Heights. recommended some "Sebring" muffler to one of my friend ML saying they were legit. The exhaust sounded like **** and the "sebring" turned out to be fake.
the problem with elite's are that no one really knows about them, so itll be really hard to get that thing sold.
i agree with you that they do good piping. my pipes are all mandrel bent for better airflow. Elite's are pretty loud. Yeah, pepe is that short hispanic guy. he was so convincing cuz they had a range rover that was a showcar with elite grill, elite wheels, and elite exhaust system.

i dont even know how i can get pepe to not charge me for another muffler under the warranty cuz his elite is crap!

btw frank thanks for the info! and when are you good to meet up for the flat hood emblem?
Old 06-28-2009, 04:03 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
when ever. just let me know.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:03 PM

07 C230
Rollnnn...upload the video that you filmed yesterday..
the one on the fwy when everybody rolled by...i wanna download it..
Old 06-29-2009, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JoSH.D
Rollnnn...upload the video that you filmed yesterday..
the one on the fwy when everybody rolled by...i wanna download it..
hey man,
i answered you in the other thread but just in case you didnt see it...
the video didn't turn out to well. I actually didn't record too much and what i did get was kinda bad. It was hard to drive in that traffic and film at the same time.... sorry man
Old 06-29-2009, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

what up Matt, so what are you planning on doing?? I think i lost a little torque when i put the magnaflow on, just enough to feel a slight difference. I was thinking of getting a different muffler, but not sure of it yet...
Old 06-29-2009, 08:19 PM

05.C230K.SS
Originally Posted by ROLLNNN
what up Matt, so what are you planning on doing?? I think i lost a little torque when i put the magnaflow on, just enough to feel a slight difference. I was thinking of getting a different muffler, but not sure of it yet...
yo Roland, i called up AAA and i was talkin with Louis. He says he doesnt believe the lack of back pressure has anything to do with Elite's. it's funny cuz Frankw says that what i have is more of a resonator than a muffler, hence the lack of torque at low speeds. pretty much if i dont go over 3k rpm, the car wont haul...it feels sluggish...

so Louis says to bring it down and have them see if anything's wrong. he told me to do my oil services, but i just changed all my fluids and air filters and everything...

Louis quoted me a Remus muffler for $290. He said no warranty coverage

i really dont know what to do now. any suggestions Roland?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:42 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
if you want to get a remus muffler. get one that's for universal from Remus or online shop that carry them. and then take it to muffler shop to put it on.

search around for reputable muffler brand first before jumping on it.

the first thing I did when I saw my friend's M3 was I crawled under the car and looked at the design of the muffler. The design of the "Elite" canister just doesn't look like any muffler and then from the tips I could take a flash llight and look directly into the pipe and exit the other end. That tells me not much of back pressure can be created.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:53 PM

05.C230K.SS
if you want to get a remus muffler. get one that's for universal from Remus or online shop that carry them. and then take it to muffler shop to put it on.

search around for reputable muffler brand first before jumping on it.

the first thing I did when I saw my friend's M3 was I crawled under the car and looked at the design of the muffler. The design of the "Elite" canister just doesn't look like any muffler and then from the tips I could take a flash llight and look directly into the pipe and exit the other end. That tells me not much of back pressure can be created.
Remus i heard isn't all too noticeable louder than the stock exhaust...
honestly frank, i want to get a euro exhaust, but it just seems so limited. there's eisenmann, remus, kleeman, brabus, most that i can name off the top of my head.

plus i have the 4 banger so i dont know how "euro" it would sound if i put the eisenmann race on

this is what the ELite currently sounds like on my car. it's a little rice to me to say the least. i want that rumble but less raspy...dont know if i can achieve that on an I4 engine. any suggestions?

Old 06-30-2009, 08:02 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
well, Remus and Supersprint does sound pretty deep even when on the 1.8L. not a whole lot of stuff will make a 1.8L sound much deeper than those. there's no replacement for displacement.

Elite exhaust is a joke. It looses back pressure on the 4.0L V8 M3. what makes the AAA guy think it has enough back pressure for the C230k with not even half the engine size vs the M3.

i think we've crowded roland's thread too much. PM me if you got questions and PM me on when do you want to meet up to pick up the emblem.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Looks good Roland. So many mods in so little time, what a boss
Old 07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^^Thanks Tommy...

Took a pic while i was at LB town center....

Put the oem grille back on for now, gotta repaint the vertical slats on the cl grille...

Old 07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Couple things i need to do and hope to do within a few months

1. Trim more in the rear fender wells, with 275 it rubs with passengers.
2. Tint windows with Formula1 Pinnacle
3. Cannonballs CF diffuser (when he finishes them)

maybe's
4. Lower front and rear another 1/2" - 1"
5. Paint roof black

what do you guys think?? I'd like to hear opinions...

Thanks
Old 07-22-2009, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by ROLLNNN
^^Thanks Tommy...

Took a pic while i was at LB town center....

Put the oem grille back on for now, gotta repaint the vertical slats on the cl grille...

Looks good Roland. I like this look better, not really a fan of the CL grill. Car is coming along real nice! Keep it fresh...

Jon
Old 07-22-2009, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
I think the black roof will look good. I think it looks good on white cars. If you put a CF diffuser will you get a cf wing too? You think it'll look nice?

I think a blacked out grill would look nice too. I really like the original grill. I think the cl grill doesn't go too well with our cars. For example on Jon's CLK it looks nice I guess because of the stretched out nose.

Anyway it's looking good keep up the mods.

Edit
I just noticed I have to cut down using "think"
Old 07-22-2009, 05:13 PM

07 C230
+1 for black roof !!
can you just get some paint and paint the grill yourself...I mean DIY..
Old 07-22-2009, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Didn't MU have the DIY for the Brabus Grill (turn regular grill into a brabus one)?

That'll look nice. I heard they do the Vinyl roof for 150 but I also heard Vinyl roof turns brown (fades) I hope it doesnt cause I'm planning on doing that soon.

You want to do Vinyl or paint?
Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kiamcoj
Looks good Roland. I like this look better, not really a fan of the CL grill. Car is coming along real nice! Keep it fresh...

Jon

Thanks Jon, I think most people like this grill, i dont know i kinda like the color matched cl style.. Id wanna get one like the one your doing though, too bad it wont fit..
Old 07-22-2009, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Karo
I think the black roof will look good. I think it looks good on white cars. If you put a CF diffuser will you get a cf wing too? You think it'll look nice?

I think a blacked out grill would look nice too. I really like the original grill. I think the cl grill doesn't go too well with our cars. For example on Jon's CLK it looks nice I guess because of the stretched out nose.

Anyway it's looking good keep up the mods.

Edit
I just noticed I have to cut down using "think"
I think black roofs look good on white cars too. Ive only seen them vinyled though(on w203's), id like to see one painted before i actually do it..

I wanted to get a CF wing and paint the top portion white and just leave the cf on the back showing, but it seemed like everyone started doing it on their w203's so i just kept mine the wait it is. If i do get the diffuser, ill consider it again, but not the c55 spoiler i want the older one, like what i have now..

Originally Posted by JoSH.D
+1 for black roof !!
can you just get some paint and paint the grill yourself...I mean DIY..
Yeah a few people have done it, looks pretty good, but gets rock chips and then you have to paint it again. I think im just gonna wait for the cf grill

Originally Posted by Karo
Didn't MU have the DIY for the Brabus Grill (turn regular grill into a brabus one)?

That'll look nice. I heard they do the Vinyl roof for 150 but I also heard Vinyl roof turns brown (fades) I hope it doesnt cause I'm planning on doing that soon.

You want to do Vinyl or paint?
I would rather paint than vinyl my roof.

As for the grill, im hoping GodFather comes through with the CF one. That would be my first choice....
Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 PM

MK IV .:R32
2. Tint windows with Formula1 Pinnacle
Whats Formula1 Pinnacle?

.....and paint your roof dude lol. Glossy black....I wanna do that

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Just Rollnnn.... evolution of another W203..