C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Will We Get The New C-Class CLC Coupe Here???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2005 C230 Sport Coupe
Originally Posted by Ol'School
we've had them for a short while now over here I cna ask whether they fit if you want ... sir does your stock C class run 10.9 or is it my old habit of misunderstanding signatures ??
Thanks for checking on the Tail Lights. May be you could get some Part Numbers and prices?

No my car doesn't run those times, in my dreams it does. I just don't have much to put in my Signature yet, so i thought i would put in something fun.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:35 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by midnight kompre
the rear diffuser looks nice... hmm... looks as if it may fit on our older cl203's too... hmm
i just notice the side skirt stayed the same btw. lol
Old 12-27-2008, 08:58 PM

2005 C230 Sport Coupe
I bet they did not change any of the actual "body structure".
Just the easy stuff like the front fenders and the rear deck lid.
Bet it would all bolt on our cars.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Mercedes CLC Official Race Game

The game has crappy physics; it's like playing bumper cars with your coupe. The CLC looks okay, but I like the W204 more than the CLC.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by FrankW
The tail lights should fit. they're only made to look like they won't fit the older coupe. BUT you would probably need the new hatch as well as the top section of the light doesn't have the curve/kink like the old one.

the door and the quarter panel looks unchanged to me (the trims on the door is evident). so if you get all the new front fender, hood, headlights, and front bumper AND tail lights, rear bumper and the hatch you can probably bolt it on without any problem.

I think you are right Frank when you put the pics together like you have. This was a new model on the cheap with use of the w203 platform and some 1600 new parts - mainly interior & exterior cosmetic. I read somewhere that minor changes had been made to all body parts but when I look at it I think this is BS & that they were easy to change parts like some plastics & bolt on's & the hatch - masterful deception because it looks very different in the flesh. I'm going to do some measuring of lights and the like next time I'm at the dealer. I will try & get part numbers for some of the easy stuff.

Dave be patient & I will see what I can do. I'll try & get prices but I warn you I have no way of dealing with an avalanche of requests. Further - this model is not built in South Africa so expect the prices to be eyewateringly expensive. You would probably be better off sourcing direct from Europe. We also suffer a thing called exchange control in this country so money can't just flow in and out at will. Something you guys are not used to. I will help as is practical.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 12-28-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:29 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
I think you are right Frank when you put the pics together like you have. This was a new model on the cheap with use of the w203 platform and some 1600 new parts - mainly interior & exterior cosmetic. I read somewhere that minor changes had been made to all body parts but when I look at it I think this is BS & that they were easy to change parts like some plastics & bolt on's & the hatch - masterful deception because it looks very different in the flesh. I'm going to do some measuring of lights and the like next time I'm at the dealer. I will try & get part numbers for some of the easy stuff.

Dave be patient & I will see what I can do. I'll try & get prices but I warn you I have no way of dealing with an avalanche of requests. Further - this model is not built in South Africa so expect the prices to be eyewateringly expensive. You would probably be better off sourcing direct from Europe. We also suffer a thing called exchange control in this country so money can't just flow in and out at will. Something you guys are not used to. I will help as is practical.
I just hate the fact it's based off the CL203 with very minor changes. lol even tho you know they did it because it won't be a good seller.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 AMG C63

A scan of a few images from the CLC brochure. Few points to notice; The front headlights are tinted on the last image (the rear tail lights as well), this is a standard on the higher spec'd models. Good luck to the guys that are planning to retrofit the new parts on their cars.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FrankW
I just hate the fact it's based off the CL203 with very minor changes. lol even tho you know they did it because it won't be a good seller.
Agreed - As posted above - It feels a generation old to drive. I do think it's quite pretty though.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 12-29-2008 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL203
Agreed - As posted above - It feels a generation old to drive. I do think it's quite pretty though.
if you put it into perspective... nissan pretty much did the same thing with the newer 370z and g37 coupe. they are both not too far off from their previous 350 forms. I'm sure they recycle a number of the same parts.

MB did a decent job sprucing the CLC up. although, it seems like the inner/middle portion of the rear lights are non-functional and thats pretty retarded in my opinion.

If anything, I'm happy that they used the same platform to build this newer model. It totally expands the modding potential of our older c-coupes and motivates me to keep my car longer because I feel like there will be more opportunities to make my car look/feel "newer" with different mods to come.

Last edited by Midnight Koop; 12-29-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:02 AM

2005 C230 Sport Coupe
Glyn,

Thanks for your effort.
I think if you can get Part Numbers for us and confirm that the tail lights will retrofit, then we should be able to find a source like you mentioned Europe or ?

Thanks,
Dave

Old 12-29-2008, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 c320 coupe
i think that in couple years, we'll have taillights (and other mods) that fits perfectly our cl203 but looks so much like the CLC..
thats exactly what happened with the w202, a lot of mods were inspired by the w203...
Old 12-29-2008, 07:40 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
if you put it into perspective... nissan pretty much did the same thing with the newer 370z and g37 coupe. they are both not too far off from their previous 350 forms. I'm sure they recycle a number of the same parts.

MB did a decent job sprucing the CLC up. although, it seems like the inner/middle portion of the rear lights are non-functional and thats pretty retarded in my opinion.

If anything, I'm happy that they used the same platform to build this newer model. It totally expands the modding potential of our older c-coupes and motivates me to keep my car longer because I feel like there will be more opportunities to make my car look/feel "newer" with different mods to come.
you are actually right about the V36 and the Z34 being on the same FM platform with minor changes. same wheel base for the V36 and shortened wheelbase from the Z33 to Z34.

however the difference is Nissan actually redesign the body and the interior. MB just slapped on a new nose and rear bumper and called it a day.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 ML500
Time for someone to do a front end swap!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:02 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by infected
do it

are you guys gonna get the CLC in canada?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL203
Originally Posted by infected
forget the front end... i want the 350 engine under my hood!
Old 12-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

forget the front end... i want the 350 engine under my hood!
Now you are talking!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:26 AM

CLC Coupe
CLC Coupe bodykit?

Hi, needs advise. Looking for bodykits for this new CLC coupe, anyone knows where to get it? Also, wanna add front fenders and rear spoilers. Mostly are C180 coupe not much luck for CLC coupe though!!

thanks
Old 03-12-2009, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 c320 coupe
better ask on some german/european forum