C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Easy battery drain/seat module fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Easy battery drain/seat module fix

Found this posted by tdaily on the technical forum. Can't verify its accuracy but it appears to be a good fix for a somewht common problem with the W203:

"There is a quick, easy, and free fix for this situation.
Basically, it works like this:

There is a plug going into the seat module with three wires...one brown, one red with a colored stripe (often green) and one black with a colored stripe (often white). The brown wire is the ground. The red stripped wire is the constant hot, and the black stripped wire is an accessory hot.

The red, constant hot is used to return the seat to the back and down position and move the steering wheel up and back (convenience entry function) when you remove the key and open the door.

If you don't mind getting rid of the convenience entry function the fix is quite simple. All you have to do is cut the red wire approximately three inches or so from the plug. Tape the end of the wire that runs up into the wiring harness off. Then, take the remaining red wire that runs into the plug and splice it into the black wire. Tape everything up and violia!

Basically, what you'll wind up with after this fix is a seat module that functions perfectly well. The only thing you are doing is converting the module to use two accessory hots as power, rather than one constant and one accessory hot. Again, the only functionality you will loose by giving up the constant hot is the convenience entry. This is because the seat will not move without the key in the ON position (which is when the accessory hots will become live).

Additionally all memory settings will be maintained as they are stored in the module without the requirement of a constant hot.

Let me note that I didn't think of this solution myself, I got it off another forum. But, I thought I'd let you all know that a solution does exist."
Old 01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
yeah i read this i think in benzworld or something. i read that the seat memory doesn't work if you do this. i did it another way, which lets you keep all the functions of the original seat control module from what i can tell.

the link is on my sig.