C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Question on door lock and gas tank

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 GLE450
Question on door lock and gas tank

This is my 1st MB and have a couple of questions. I search the forum and did not see a previous posting on these questions.

1) Rear door lock. My car has global lock/unlock for the fob and front doors i.e. when I locked or unlocked using my fob, all doors locked and unlocked. Same when I opened my front doors, the rear doors unlocked. It also locked when the car reached ~10mph. The question is how do I set the rear doors to unlocked itself when one open the doors from inside without pushing the button for unlocked all doors or open the front doors first? My Audi and BMW allows the rear passengers to unlock their doors by pulling the door inside handles twice.

2) When I pump gas, often times when the pump stopped automatically when its sense the tank is full, the pump split gas when I pull it out after the pump stopped. There is a cute little hole near the pump door to drain away the split gas. I pumped gas in the MB just like when I pumped Audi, BMW or other cars but the other brands have no such problem.

Thanks for any inputs. Best regards.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Mercedes C230 Sport Sedan (W203)
1) As far as I know, there is no way to change this setting. Your rear passengers can pull the lock up and then open, or you can press the unlock button in the center console, or you can open your front door first which will unlock all doors.

2) Try not putting the gas filler nozzle all the way in, but pull it back about 1/2", then it will likely not detect its full incorrectly. I have this problem all the time. Also wait a second or two after pumping to pull out the nozzle, and when you do, tilt it up so any gas still in the nozzle doesnt get on your car.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black 04 C230 Kompressor SS
I think that if I turn my engine off and open my door, all other doors unlatch. If I'm in park, I think the rear passengers can open doors by pulling the lever. I have the straight pins so you cannot pull up the door knob. Sometimes I just hit the button on the switch row without thinking about it.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Arn560
I think that if I turn my engine off and open my door, all other doors unlatch. If I'm in park, I think the rear passengers can open doors by pulling the lever. I have the straight pins so you cannot pull up the door knob. Sometimes I just hit the button on the switch row without thinking about it.
Yes, when you open one of the front doors all of the others unlock.
The rear passengers CANNOT open their doors when you are in park unless they pull up the door pin. This means if you have pins in back that cannot be pulled up the rear passengers are stuck until you either unlock the doors or open your door.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 180 Likes on 146 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Mercedes consider this a safety issue to control kids in the back. Not to the liking of all. It never bothered me.