C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Netherlands setting: This has been asked a billion times before but.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230k
Netherlands setting: This has been asked a billion times before but.....

First off, sorry for posting this question again but I searched for like 30 mins trying to find it. There was a write up on hear a while back on changing the rear sam to the Netherlands setting so the unlock and lock would chirp. I cant find it for the life of me. I found where people talk about getting it done but no write ups. And please don't flame me. Like I said I know this has been covered a billion times. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Only the dealer, through the STAR diagnostics system, can change the car to the Netherland setting. Some dealers have never heard of the setting. If you find one that will do it for you, you are better off having it done while other STAR work is being done. My dealer said he'd do it for free then. Otherwise, they need to charge for an hours time ($106 I think).
Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230k
I know a guy that has the star computer. He will do it free for me. I just need the write up so he doesn't have to fool around to much to find it. It would be so much easier if I could hand him a piece of paper that shows him exactly how to do it.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 C230WZ SS Capri Blue/Ash
I had this done on my car (US Market 2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan) awhile back. Apparently, there are different styles of beeps for this mod. Seems to me the older W203's have a slower beeping whereas the newer (post face-lift, aka: 2005-2007) have a newer style quicker beep. I wanted the slower style, but my dealer said this was all he could do for my car. I think it's still debateable whether the cars have both or one style depending on the model year of their car.

Do a search on "The Truth About the Netherlands Setting", and it will have everything you ever wanted to know about it.

Actually, here's the main thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...s-setting.html

Anyways, I attached a PDF document listing step-by-step what needs to be done after you hook up the DAS.

Note, some people lose their panic function on their remote after doing this. I haven't lost mine though.

Thanks,
Cintoman
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Netherlands Setting Steps.pdf (571.0 KB, 521 views)