C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Letting her go: 2001 Mercedes-Benz C320 *CLEAN* Cheap Price

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Mercedes-Benz C320 *CLEAN* Cheap Price

Price: $10,300
Pictures: https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...benz-c320.html
Descriptions:
50 year old women owned vehicle. Privately selling to because moving, and in need to purchase a van. Avoid paying tax, dmv fees, dealer handling fees, and the like when purchasing at the dealer.
Standards/Options:
Carbon Fiber Trim. Fog lights. Chrome front grill. Factory Sport Suspension. Side Mirror Turn Signals. Moon Roof. Leather Heated Passenger and Driver Seats. Power Door Locks. F&R Side Air Bags. Dual Front Air Bags. Power Windows. Rear Rolling Electric Sun Shade. Power Seats and Head Rest. 6-Disc CD/MP3 Player. Bose Surround Sound (Crisp). Temperature Electric Gauge. Slip Control Telescoping Wheel Traction Control. Air Conditioning. Cruise Control. Power Steering. Alloy Wheels Sport. ABS (4-Wheel). Integrated Phone.

Our C320 currently has 69000 on the odometer. We hold a clean title. Maintenance up to par. No mechanical or major problems. The only bad is the light for the SRS is on, because the passenger seat belt buckle is tripping the light. (have diagnostic paper work from the dealer to show proof). The driver front tire is on a spare. Previous tire blew. Cosmetically, there are couple rock chips on the front bumper (normal wear and tear). A small ding on back left. Small scratch on back bumper. Small scratch on left door.
-Mobil 1 Super Synthetic Oil with Bosch Oil Filter change every 3 months or 3k miles.
-Automatic Transmission Fluid Changed along with Plug Adapter, Cover Pin, Filter, Fill pipe cover, and crush rings just yesterday.
-Rotors/Pads changed at 65000 miles.
-Service B for 65000 miles has been done.
Car drives like cutting butter besides the "bads" from above.

Priced to sell. I purposely priced at the best price and the lowest with my c320's condition (excellent) to compete with the other sellers here. You will not find another clean c320 with this price.

$10,300! what?! Yes! $10,300!!! to also compensate for the repairs neededAttachment 150334

Last edited by rwdforlife; 02-23-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:44 AM
Almost a Member!

$9300. Price dropped in ONE DAY! something came up. Need the cash. Buy this for your daughter, son, wife, husband, or for yourself
Old 02-23-2009, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
So it's a standard, 7-year-old C320 with a malfunctioning SRS system, 70k miles, and a blown tire? I don't mean to be an a$$ but this doesn't seem like any sort of "deal" to me.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
So it's a standard, 7-year-old C320 with a malfunctioning SRS system, 70k miles, and a blown tire? I don't mean to be an a$$ but this doesn't seem like any sort of "deal" to me.
The tire was blown due to debri on the freeway (highway 101). The rest of the tires were in good shape. I was upset when that tire failed. I was actually glad that i did not hit anything or anyone.
Yes it does have 70k miles. The SRS system it self is not malfunctioning. The seat belt buckle (passenger side) must be replaced, which is a unit that is tripping the light to come on. THe System is active and will work if anything, not saying something will happen. If you do not like my for sale thread and offer, go some where else and flame another thread and don't talk negative criticism here. I thought the benz forums are consisted of mature crowds who actually support one another. Looks like you are one in a million. Not to be rude to the rest, but I am not profiting or taking any extra capital on this. My mom bought this car second hand at 46k miles about two years ago for $17500 otd at a dealer in LA, CA. I'm strongly standing behind my offer.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
I think certain members of this forum might find it a bit... irritating... that 90% of the "options" you listed are not options at all but completely standard parts. If you want to sell the car right away I suggest you repair the tire and the seat belt buckle.

Also, this thread should be in the classified section.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
03 W203, 13 E350, 13 W204, 14 C218
Originally Posted by acr2001
I think certain members of this forum might find it a bit... irritating... that 90% of the "options" you listed are not options at all but completely standard parts. If you want to sell the car right away I suggest you repair the tire and the seat belt buckle.

Also, this thread should be in the classified section.
Haha Word!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
So someone who changes the oil every 3 months, or 3k miles is unwilling to buy a new tire?

I agree with acr2001. Fix the SRS, and the tire, and people will take the ad seriously.

That is constructive input.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Almost a Member!

I am not too familiar with the terms of listing the features under which categories. In terms of the seat belt buckle, I am listing it as the problem with the car, thus the LOW PRICE. I will not leave something like that out of the description of the car, and price it fundamentally off balance. I am just going to sell the car as is at a comparative price to compensate for the SRS and Tire.

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
So someone who changes the oil every 3 months, or 3k miles is unwilling to buy a new tire?

I agree with acr2001. Fix the SRS, and the tire, and people will take the ad seriously.

That is constructive input.

Yes i do change oil every 3 months or 3k miles. This has nothing to do with my decision with buying a new tire. Please do not question my integrity.

I just got laid off, lost my girlfriend, my mom's house is getting foreclosed, and we are moving. I am just going to have this car sit until eithera buyer will take a deal or maybe my mom will want to keep it. Things has been pretty rough, so if those who are interested only please pm me or leave a comment with a question or concern regards to the sale.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by rwdforlife
I just got laid off, lost my girlfriend, my mom's house is getting foreclosed, and we are moving. I am just going to have this car sit until eithera buyer will take a deal or maybe my mom will want to keep it. Things has been pretty rough, so if those who are interested only please pm me or leave a comment with a question or concern regards to the sale.

Thanks.
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you. Don't take what I'm saying the wrong way I'm only trying to help. If you can't afford the fixes right now then that's another story. Take some (a lot of) photos of the car and post them, trust me it will increase the chances of making a sale by many orders of magnitude.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by rwdforlife
I am not too familiar with the terms of listing the features under which categories. In terms of the seat belt buckle, I am listing it as the problem with the car, thus the LOW PRICE. I will not leave something like that out of the description of the car, and price it fundamentally off balance. I am just going to sell the car as is at a comparative price to compensate for the SRS and Tire.

Yes i do change oil every 3 months or 3k miles. This has nothing to do with my decision with buying a new tire. Please do not question my integrity.

Thanks.
You are misunderstanding things here.

No one is going to take the car seriously with a spare/emergency tire on it. Just about regardless of price.

Go and get a used tire, anything that will hold air.

Good luck with getting back on your feet.

E
Old 02-24-2009, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
03 W203, 13 E350, 13 W204, 14 C218
you have to admit though it is a little weird to buy a MERCEDES-BENZ that is on a spare. LMAO
Old 02-24-2009, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
It's my understanding that SRS light on = SRS system not ready = SRS system will not protect you in a crash. I could be wrong, but that's what I've learned. And I would never buy a car with that problem.

They're right, though. I immediately thought it wasn't serious. Too many other W203s out there for low prices.