C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mu9enx's Pride & Joy PT. II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
Hey, sorry for the late reply, LOL. Haven't really had time to check on the forums after the quarter started.

Situation update as of 2/1/10:

- Took the car in mid-December.
- Still there as of today.
- Had no car for the first two weeks of school.
- Finally got a loaner after two weeks of nagging, and boy, is it decent. 2009 Audi A4 2.0T, with less than 250 miles on the ODO. Now it's at 1050, lol.
what are they doing that takes so long?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 c200 kompressor
hey mate, would u recommend putting your dual exhaust on a 2001 c200 kompressor?
would it sound similar like yours? and power gains?

and also where did you get the carbon fibre hood from?

cheers mate
Old 03-08-2010, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
YAY!

Finally got my car back, last Monday! After driving the A4 for so long, it felt good to get into the slow, loud bucket I call babe!

The tranny feels absolutely great, although the car itself seems a bit slower.. but hell, after driving the quick little Audi, any underpowered heavy car would be. The total repair bill came out to be close to $7.8k, but I paid about $3,036 and some change. I know it might've been to much, but it's fine, I'm happy it's over with, and it's been about three months since I've last been active on the board. Hope to chat with yall soon!

Originally Posted by step.s
hey mate, would u recommend putting your dual exhaust on a 2001 c200 kompressor?
would it sound similar like yours? and power gains?

and also where did you get the carbon fibre hood from?

cheers mate
Hey; I have no idea how it would sound on your car. The type of engines we have differ too much, so I don't know how much will be affected. The power gains, IF any, is barely noticable. Nothing but sound, my friend. The hood I bought off of a local site we have in the states, called Craigslist. It is made by VIS Racing.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:34 AM

2001 c200 kompressor
Finally got my car back, last Monday! After driving the A4 for so long, it felt good to get into the slow, loud bucket I call babe!

The tranny feels absolutely great, although the car itself seems a bit slower.. but hell, after driving the quick little Audi, any underpowered heavy car would be. The total repair bill came out to be close to $7.8k, but I paid about $3,036 and some change. I know it might've been to much, but it's fine, I'm happy it's over with, and it's been about three months since I've last been active on the board. Hope to chat with yall soon!

Hey; I have no idea how it would sound on your car. The type of engines we have differ too much, so I don't know how much will be affected. The power gains, IF any, is barely noticable. Nothing but sound, my friend. The hood I bought off of a local site we have in the states, called Craigslist. It is made by VIS Racing.
what exhaust would u recommend for the w203 c200 ? and would it sound as good?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 MB E320 & 2010 Nissan Elgrand
Originally Posted by step.s
what exhaust would u recommend for the w203 c200 ? and would it sound as good?
You can still get Eisenmann. It will sound different compared to his V6, but it would still be good, deep, throaty and loud

You can try Remus or Supersprint for something quieter.

Last edited by B189s; 03-08-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 MB E320 & 2010 Nissan Elgrand

Welcome back!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C350 4matic Coupe, W203 C320 4matic, W212 E550 4matic
Welcome back bud!!
Its all worth the money! hahaha
Old 03-08-2010, 11:33 PM

04 C240 & 10 C300
congrats! glad to hear you've got the car all worked out...all youve got to do now is sit back and enjoy her!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold

Wow 7.8K...you could've just bought another c320 with that..lol.

OUch on the 3k tommy. You could've just bought a renntech tranny for $2500..lol.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
Man I love your car and your plate BMW LOL nice one!

Edit: And damn man sorry to hear about that massive repair bill. You are a trooper with that positive attitude!

Last edited by benz_addict; 03-20-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Thanks guys! Haven't been able to log on cuz of finals, but that's over and done with.

I just put on my C32 airboxes, but now I got a stupid CEL and the Battery/Alternator message telling me to go visit the workshop. I'm searching the forum on any info, but I don't know if it's helping at all. PROBLEMS after PROBLEMS, damnit
Old 03-21-2010, 02:58 AM

none
damn Mu9enx I have read through this whole forum/thread what ever you wanna call it, and man you have been through some crazy ****!! Glad you got your rims back. Anyways you seem very knowledgeable about your Mercedes and a question for you is this. I really want a C230 Sport, Im only 16 but I have a job and I got about 12k saved so far and was wondering would you recommend this car to me or is to much for me?

oh and anybody know this bodykit on this C32 AMG by chance?
Old 03-21-2010, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by markusr15
damn Mu9enx I have read through this whole forum/thread what ever you wanna call it, and man you have been through some crazy ****!! Glad you got your rims back. Anyways you seem very knowledgeable about your Mercedes and a question for you is this. I really want a C230 Sport, Im only 16 but I have a job and I got about 12k saved so far and was wondering would you recommend this car to me or is to much for me?

oh and anybody know this bodykit on this C32 AMG by chance?
Hey, thanks for the compliments. As for the car, I'd say if you really want it, go for it. The thing is, if it is out of warranty, and something does break, it will usually be very expensive. As you know, I spent a ishtload for repairs, and now I have a CEL for battery/alternator, and god knows how much that's gonna cost. If you want to be on the safe side, the 06-07 C230's would probably be the most reliable, and in other words, cheaper to own. They are newer, with more reliable engines, and most of the electronics are tried and true.

The C32 has a Lorinser rear bumper I believe, but that's about all I know. The widebody is custom, and I think a member by the username of Silva_C32 or something owned it.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:41 AM

none
Buying a C320

oh ok, well my dad is a Mercedes mechanic so I have all labor and cost at parts covered lol and he is also a dealer so he can get these cars for very cheap but thing is im not sure what to start with, could you give me an idea for about how much it cost to turn a stock C320 sport into one that looks like yours so I know how much money ill be needing? Im talking like, wheels, exhaust and blacked out lights. thanks!
Old 03-21-2010, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Honestly, way to much to be worth it. I'd just get a 05 C350 Sport and call it a day, haha. Upgraded everything, including engine and bodykit. Wheels can cost a lot, or a little, depending on brand and everything. Taillights are cheap, probably less than $300, and exhaust can be a high/low thing like the wheels, depending on the setup you want (Quad tipped, dual tipped, true dual muffler etc etc).
Old 03-22-2010, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Here are the results of KCheng's expertise:

The airboxes are painted Phoenix Yellow from the Honda Integra Type R. I love the way it looks, and there are pieces of the OG airbox that has to be trimmed, and after all that work I love it. The power feels much better, but then again, any mod would give that sensation. By power, I mean that it feels a lot more linear, and it seems that it definitely helps out breathing-wise. Definitely a bit louder on a cold start, and that should be about it in terms of performance. Enjoy the LQ BB Storm pictures.

Oh, I also found out that my car comes with an Aux input. All I needed were the cable to connect my phone and that was pretty much it. It's pretty cool since the whole time I thought I had to wire it up, but it's there and it works. So much more in love with Benzi nao.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
That actually looks very good
Old 03-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
car looks good man!

Thanks guys! Haven't been able to log on cuz of finals, but that's over and done with.

I just put on my C32 airboxes, but now I got a stupid CEL and the Battery/Alternator message telling me to go visit the workshop. I'm searching the forum on any info, but I don't know if it's helping at all. PROBLEMS after PROBLEMS, damnit
I'm getting that error and so is Drex. Let us know what you find out. Serge at Hyevon checked it out this Saturday and he said that it appears that my alternator is ok (it's charging the battery properly). He thinks that it could be that my battery is slowly dying. When was the last time you changed your battery? (Drex and I changed our batteries within a few weeks of each other about 2 years ago.)
Old 03-22-2010, 05:14 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
now you just need to refinish the front wheels...
Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Thanks Karo.
Originally Posted by nlpamg
car looks good man!

I'm getting that error and so is Drex. Let us know what you find out. Serge at Hyevon checked it out this Saturday and he said that it appears that my alternator is ok (it's charging the battery properly). He thinks that it could be that my battery is slowly dying. When was the last time you changed your battery? (Drex and I changed our batteries within a few weeks of each other about 2 years ago.)
Phil,

I honestly don't know how old my battery is. Ever since we got the car in 2007, I haven't done a battery change at all. I did have a few problems with the seats draining the battery, but I don't know if that could've shortened the lifespan of the battery. It's weird how it happened. Randomly popped the error, telling me to visit hte workshop, and then acceleration was similar to that of limp mode, but even worse because from 600-1300 rpm the car seemed like it would die out. I was scared crapless because there were so many redlights and I thought it would stall out like it did when the first message popped up. Then the ESP stopped working, and acceleration from a standstill was even worse. But lo and behold, after a few hours the CEL turned off and everything has been fine since. I'm PM-in' Frank for his mechanic that he goes too, and hopefully it's nothing but the battery itself; would be a lot cheaper for me atm.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by FrankW
now you just need to refinish the front wheels...
LOL, thanks boss! I'm working on it already, gonna get hood/wheels/taillights sprayed at hte same time, so starting to sand the hood today. Hopefully everything works out by the end of Spring Break. Oh, can you pm your shop's info?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Thanks Karo.

Phil,

I honestly don't know how old my battery is. Ever since we got the car in 2007, I haven't done a battery change at all. I did have a few problems with the seats draining the battery, but I don't know if that could've shortened the lifespan of the battery. It's weird how it happened. Randomly popped the error, telling me to visit hte workshop, and then acceleration was similar to that of limp mode, but even worse because from 600-1300 rpm the car seemed like it would die out. I was scared crapless because there were so many redlights and I thought it would stall out like it did when the first message popped up. Then the ESP stopped working, and acceleration from a standstill was even worse. But lo and behold, after a few hours the CEL turned off and everything has been fine since. I'm PM-in' Frank for his mechanic that he goes too, and hopefully it's nothing but the battery itself; would be a lot cheaper for me atm.
hopefully it's just the battery, if you haven't changed your battery since 2007 and don't know how long it's been in there for, then it possibly could be the battery--that definitely would be the cheapest thing to replace.

I haven't had all those errors or symptoms (I don't think Drex has either). I think for both of us, the error will pop-up and then after you shut-off the car and turn it back on again, the error disappears.

good luck.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
LOL, thanks boss! I'm working on it already, gonna get hood/wheels/taillights sprayed at hte same time, so starting to sand the hood today. Hopefully everything works out by the end of Spring Break. Oh, can you pm your shop's info?
what shop? bodyshop?

they're on Baldwin Ave north of 10fwy in El Monte called Autocraft (on the right side after you pass Valley and a railroad track). owner's name is Jason and head-worker is Ji-Li.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
1999 E320
Welcome back T. Glad everything worked out w/ your car and you got her back!!! It was cool meeting you at the Spectrum meet. I know it was tearing you up to be without her...and no, I'm not Asian
Old 03-23-2010, 04:06 AM

03 c320
nice, I see you modify the front piece. Hey what Aux input are you talking about? where is it located you think i have one too? cant wait to see your car after your done painting it and stuff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mu9enx's Pride & Joy PT. II