C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mu9enx's Pride & Joy PT. II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C350 4matic Coupe, W203 C320 4matic, W212 E550 4matic
Woah sweet!! I never thought of doing that.
It looks so cool man.
I'm wondering now, you know the center part where you dont have a cover on, is that what my engine looks like too if i take the plastic cover off?
Oh and you said that it sounds louder on a cold start but is it also louder when you accelerate and stuff? =)
Old 03-24-2010, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Originally Posted by nlpamg
hopefully it's just the battery, if you haven't changed your battery since 2007 and don't know how long it's been in there for, then it possibly could be the battery--that definitely would be the cheapest thing to replace.

I haven't had all those errors or symptoms (I don't think Drex has either). I think for both of us, the error will pop-up and then after you shut-off the car and turn it back on again, the error disappears.

good luck.
I see what you mean. When it happened I just reset the car and everything went fine, until it either started messing up again. But so far so good; it does scare me though, I don't even want to think of when the next problem will occr. *knock on wood*

Originally Posted by FrankW
what shop? bodyshop?

they're on Baldwin Ave north of 10fwy in El Monte called Autocraft (on the right side after you pass Valley and a railroad track). owner's name is Jason and head-worker is Ji-Li.
Nah, the mechanic shop in Diamond Bar?
Originally Posted by nelson09
Welcome back T. Glad everything worked out w/ your car and you got her back!!! It was cool meeting you at the Spectrum meet. I know it was tearing you up to be without her...and no, I'm not Asian
Hey bro! Thanks for the well wishes, haha. It was nice meeting you too; are you going to the next one? If I have the funds, and my car is ready, I'll head there too.

Originally Posted by kcheng86
nice, I see you modify the front piece. Hey what Aux input are you talking about? where is it located you think i have one too? cant wait to see your car after your done painting it and stuff.
LOL, I did. But fck, I took it off because my hood is kinda burning the paint on the front cover, like wtf. The AUX input is in the glovebox, on the right side of the little shelf/pocket. There should be a hole. All I had to do was get one of those cables and I plugged my phone into it and viola, it worked. Can't wait for the paint, haha.
Originally Posted by I_C_Class
Woah sweet!! I never thought of doing that.
It looks so cool man.
I'm wondering now, you know the center part where you dont have a cover on, is that what my engine looks like too if i take the plastic cover off?
Oh and you said that it sounds louder on a cold start but is it also louder when you accelerate and stuff? =)
Thanks dude. Yeah, that's what the engine will look like. That missing piece is where the AMG supercharger should be, haha. I wish I had one Well, it sounds the same to me cuz I'm in the car. But when I'm warming it up, it does sound a lot more ferocious.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
Here are the results of KCheng's expertise:

The airboxes are painted Phoenix Yellow from the Honda Integra Type R. I love the way it looks, and there are pieces of the OG airbox that has to be trimmed, and after all that work I love it. The power feels much better, but then again, any mod would give that sensation. By power, I mean that it feels a lot more linear, and it seems that it definitely helps out breathing-wise. Definitely a bit louder on a cold start, and that should be about it in terms of performance. Enjoy the LQ BB Storm pictures.

Oh, I also found out that my car comes with an Aux input. All I needed were the cable to connect my phone and that was pretty much it. It's pretty cool since the whole time I thought I had to wire it up, but it's there and it works. So much more in love with Benzi nao.
Sick!!
Old 03-24-2010, 06:12 PM

I see i see.
Noob question, but is changing the airbox to the C32 one, is it practically getting intake? and to many ppl know how to do this, or is it Kcheng's expertise hahaha
Old 03-24-2010, 06:13 PM

^ugh, sorry for the spelling mistakes
Old 03-24-2010, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Thanks BenzAddict.

About the airbox, it's actually pretty easy, if you don't mount the front engine cover. All you need is a intake coupler you can get from autozone and that's about it. As I didn't know anything, and Kevin already has the mod he helped me out with the fitting/cutting/directions. And it should be similar to getting an intake, as I believe the C32 airboxes are a tad bit larger than our stock ones. But don't expect anything too amazing, it's marginally larger.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
1999 E320
Originally Posted by Mu9enx
I see what you mean. When it happened I just reset the car and everything went fine, until it either started messing up again. But so far so good; it does scare me though, I don't even want to think of when the next problem will occr. *knock on wood*

Nah, the mechanic shop in Diamond Bar?

Hey bro! Thanks for the well wishes, haha. It was nice meeting you too; are you going to the next one? If I have the funds, and my car is ready, I'll head there too.

LOL, I did. But fck, I took it off because my hood is kinda burning the paint on the front cover, like wtf. The AUX input is in the glovebox, on the right side of the little shelf/pocket. There should be a hole. All I had to do was get one of those cables and I plugged my phone into it and viola, it worked. Can't wait for the paint, haha.

Thanks dude. Yeah, that's what the engine will look like. That missing piece is where the AMG supercharger should be, haha. I wish I had one Well, it sounds the same to me cuz I'm in the car. But when I'm warming it up, it does sound a lot more ferocious.
Should be, but i dont know for sure. You have my contact info, no>
Old 03-25-2010, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
looks great bro!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:48 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
ooh...that place is in Walnut.

don't have their address. i'm already in Taiwan. lol, but if you get off the 60fwy on Nogales just go north until you see this carwash place called "alamo carwash" i think. turn right into the street behind it and it'll be on your right hand side called "mb star"
Old 03-25-2010, 11:57 PM

2007 C230 sport
lol MB star use to be my uncles mechanic shop. long story short he retired and now he owns thai bbq in chino =P

if you want to google the addy search "mac car alarm walnut CA" on google. that stereo shop is right next door to them.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by nelson09
Should be, but i dont know for sure. You have my contact info, no>
I actually don't, but hit me up 9166122395
Originally Posted by Dj Narga
looks great bro!

thanks!
Originally Posted by FrankW
ooh...that place is in Walnut.

don't have their address. i'm already in Taiwan. lol, but if you get off the 60fwy on Nogales just go north until you see this carwash place called "alamo carwash" i think. turn right into the street behind it and it'll be on your right hand side called "mb star"
Okay, got cha. Might head there next week after all my little kinks get worked out. Have fun and get souvenirs, hahaha.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Originally Posted by quadoptix
lol MB star use to be my uncles mechanic shop. long story short he retired and now he owns thai bbq in chino =P

if you want to google the addy search "mac car alarm walnut CA" on google. that stereo shop is right next door to them.
Fasho, thanks for hte headsup. Any discounts? LOL
Old 03-26-2010, 12:03 AM

2007 C230 sport
your welcome. no discount my uncle dont own it no more lol. thats pretty much the shop i grew up in after school when i was a kid.

nice c class btw. flipped thru the pages and its come along nicely. cant wait to mod mine some more lol
Old 03-26-2010, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
LOL, I was just messing. thanks for the compliments.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
The car's lookin better and better

Every time I see the C32 boxes on a NA m112, I always worry about that crimp between the air boxes and the y splitter that attaches to the MAF. It just seems to be as restrictive if not more restrictive than the stock box. Something looks unusual about the c32 airbox on your car though....

Lovin your yellow accents all over the place though. Keep up the good work! Whats your mod list look like now a days? Ya got LED tails too, right? How was that installation? :x

Oh, i know whats missing w/ your c32 airbox. A kleemann supercharger.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:53 PM

2001 c200 kompressor
hey mugen, what engine oil you using at the moment?
because i own a 2001 w203 c200 kompressor that has has done 160,000kms + what oil should i use? which fully synthetic? 5w-30? too thin?
Suggestions welcomed
step.s
Old 04-03-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by step.s
hey mugen, what engine oil you using at the moment?
because i own a 2001 w203 c200 kompressor that has has done 160,000kms + what oil should i use? which fully synthetic? 5w-30? too thin?
Suggestions welcomed
step.s
Ooo! since this is brought up, I would like to mention that I use the fully synthetic 5w-30 aswell but ive found that the car like drinking it like crazy, what might be the reason? =(
The car's got like 115,000Kms on it
Old 04-04-2010, 01:17 AM

2001 c200 kompressor
Ooo! since this is brought up, I would like to mention that I use the fully synthetic 5w-30 aswell but ive found that the car like drinking it like crazy, what might be the reason? =(
The car's got like 115,000Kms on it
yerh, because i find that the oil is way too thin unfortunately. So was wanting some comparison? hopefully something like mobile 1?
Old 04-16-2010, 01:21 AM

none
hah how often do you wash your car? my car is black and gets a layer of dust on it like 1 hour after i wash it.... pisses me off alot next car will be silver

oh and btw mugen what size tires you got on ur C320 front and rear

Last edited by markusr15; 04-16-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 AM

2003 C320 4Matic
Hey Mu, just read all 14 pgs of this thread and gotta say your car is amazing, one of the cleanest i've seen on here, coming from the Lexus sites i loveee to see the combining of the JDM into the german car, the volks, yellow fogs, windvisors, everything is done so nice, major props man
had a couple questions for you though i was hoping you could help me out with
You painted your third brake light... how? did you take it off or paint with it on, and what kind of paint did you use and how did u get it to match the car's black so well?, and did you do the same method to your tailights with just some painters tape to make the lines? or was that professionally done?? its ****ing sexy Your interior carbon fiber layouts, are those panels or just a layover fabric?? if its the fabric which kind? its very sexy.
Also what were the original offsets of the volks before you got the spacers put on? (if you know offhand if not no big deal)
How difficult was it to do the C32 airbox, and does it truly feel more powerful? or do you think its just placebo??
thanks for help on any of those questions, i pm'd you about your depo's as well, and keep it up man, thats one hell of a w203 you got there, i hate to sound lame but its pretty inspirational lol

Last edited by 03MBC320; 04-28-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:22 AM

It's been a while now...haha
How's the car doin? and of course yourself? lol
Old 06-17-2010, 02:13 PM

2009 blk/blk C63 AMG, 2010 wht/blk c300 sport, 06 c280, 12 Triumph Daytona 675R wht/blk/red
favorite c class i have seen around. love the quad pipes.. where did u get those?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
Oh crap, I haven't been posting much on the forums and didn't even see my thread updated! I'll try to answer all your questions, but as for oil I'd leave it to Glyn and other more knowledgeable peoples.

Originally Posted by 03MBC320
Hey Mu, just read all 14 pgs of this thread and gotta say your car is amazing, one of the cleanest i've seen on here, coming from the Lexus sites i loveee to see the combining of the JDM into the german car, the volks, yellow fogs, windvisors, everything is done so nice, major props man
had a couple questions for you though i was hoping you could help me out with
You painted your third brake light... how? did you take it off or paint with it on, and what kind of paint did you use and how did u get it to match the car's black so well?, and did you do the same method to your tailights with just some painters tape to make the lines? or was that professionally done?? its ****ing sexy Your interior carbon fiber layouts, are those panels or just a layover fabric?? if its the fabric which kind? its very sexy.
Also what were the original offsets of the volks before you got the spacers put on? (if you know offhand if not no big deal)
How difficult was it to do the C32 airbox, and does it truly feel more powerful? or do you think its just placebo??
thanks for help on any of those questions, i pm'd you about your depo's as well, and keep it up man, thats one hell of a w203 you got there, i hate to sound lame but its pretty inspirational lol
Yo!

For the third brakelight, I tool it off and had it painted black by my friends auto shop. I'm not sure if he actually matched it or not, but I wouldn't be able to tell, and he is a very legit painter. For the rears, you described it on the dot. I did it myself the first time, and it fated over the months, and finally my homie panted it also. As for the CF, I don't have those anymore; my trims are painted black now. The offsets of the Volks were +35, and now they are +20F and +22R. The C32 airbox is pretty easy to dol you'll need a coupler and that's about it. For the power; honestly don't know, lol. And thanks for the compliments man!

Originally Posted by markusr15
hah how often do you wash your car? my car is black and gets a layer of dust on it like 1 hour after i wash it.... pisses me off alot next car will be silver

oh and btw mugen what size tires you got on ur C320 front and rear
I used to wash it once a week, but I've been slacking off as of recently. But for summer I plan to have a professional detail; she deseres it! I defnitely want a lighter colored car next tme also, haha.

It's been a while now...haha
How's the car doin? and of course yourself? lol
Sup dude!

Car's doing pretty crappy. Found out I have a power steering leak, and I'm stuck on whether I should fix it, or just leave it as is and continue feeding it the fluid..

As for me, summer school is needed, nuff said hah.

Originally Posted by Luke_Geezy
favorite c class i have seen around. love the quad pipes.. where did u get those?
Thank you. I got my pipes from another member here who cut off the Eisenmann tips for a custom quad. I just got very lucky
Old 08-16-2010, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' C32o
It's been a while since I've updated this thread, so I'mma just list out my mods since the last time I've been here.

- R171 Brabus shift knob
- Repainted CF hood with Candy Black paint
- Repainted taillights and two front wheels
- Slammed the front coils to the lowest possible setting (Nothing but looks, I'm not driving canyons or doing anything dangerous but endangering my own car's life, lol)
- New DEPO FX-R Retrofitted headlights, with yellow tint
- My entire car, minus the reverse lights, are all LED's. Turn signals F/R, brakes etc etc
- Trunk mod
- Vinyl'd Brabus hood and trunk badges; currently no design is on them, but once I think of something cool I'll put it on the badge.
- New Weathertech Window Visors (Someone stole only my drivers side one, so I just ordered another set)
- New windshield, same Pinklton brand lol

Also found out I have an AUX-in, so now I don't have to burn CD's anymore

-Hit 100,000 miles, and was pretty stoked I got to such a milestone, lol. But now I have powersteering problems

Here's a couple of pics from my phone. I'm trying to get some legitimate shots, but I'm a noob when it comes to cameras and stuff.

Just because :
99,999 GET

100,000 and I still <3 my car :

And just for ****s and giggles :
Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 PM

w203
your car is looking really good! gotta love those volks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mu9enx's Pride & Joy PT. II