C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Auto-Dimming RVM in CL203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 C200K Coupe
Auto-Dimming RVM in CL203

good afternoon folks.

long-time lurker, first time poster (well, i tacked this question on to the end of another thread but i think that was a pretty stupid thing to do - didn't want to infringe).

i have searched high and low through the forums and have been unable to find the answer in there hence, the question below;

i have just picked myself up an auto-dimming w/homelink RVM that i wish to install my '02 CL203. the issue being that the connector on the mirror is an 8-pin and the socket on the interior dome light is a 6-pin. is there any way to put the pin arrangement into the correct plug connector to get this to function?

the wiring/pin arrangement is as follows;

1 - pink w/black stripe
2 - no wire
3 - no wire
4 - grey w/aqua stripe (x2 wires)
5 - pink w/red stripe
6 - pink w/green stripe
7 - no wire
8 - brown (x2 wires)

is anyone able to help me out with what pins correspond with what in the socket on the dome light, please?

from what i have read, there is a connection that goes into the dome that that stops the mirror from dimming in reverse and also, when the interior lights are on. is this correct? i also wish have the ability to have auto-dim wing mirrors at some point later down the track.

i have the microphone off my original mirror.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

****UPDATE**** managed to find out that the grey/aqua wires are +12v (in key pos. 1,2 & 3) and corresponds to pin #1 in the connector in the dome. also, that the brown wires are ground and correspond to pin #3 in the dome connector. i have cut-down the original 8-pin connector to fit the dome socket (as a temporary measure - until i can find the proper connector) and have the basic function of the mirror working (dimming/ambient light/homelink).

regards
james

Last edited by TortureGarden; 03-04-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 C200K Coupe
bump