C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

HID not working with Day Time running lights, But works fine at night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HID not working with Day Time running lights, But works fine at night

Hey guys I just installed a plug and play E-Bay hid kit. While the kit works, i am having some problems. During the day time my car keeps telling me my front head lights are not working and the lights don't come on when the day time running lights are supposed to come on. If i manually turn the lights on they will then turn on but the error messages continue to show up. However late at night when its dark the HID turns on perfectly fine and no errors show up for blown bulbs. Has anyone heard of or had this problem before? any other solutions you can think of? let me know please,

Take Care

p.s. The Car is a 2003 C240
Old 05-22-2009, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230 Sport
i have that exact problem...there are enough discussions in other threads though...they really get on you around here for starting a new thread and not searching.

anyways, the error cancelling adapters you can buy don't fix this problem either, your best bet is to go to a dealer to have them change your star computer for the 'xenon=present' setting, search other threads for more detail.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:48 PM

thanks for the response. I read those other posts and was unable to solve my problem. So I thought i'd just start a new thread focuessed strictly on this issue. I've tried 2 sets of error cancellors off the same vendor on e-bay from whom i bought the HID kit from and they both have not worked. I hope someone who has had success with their kit and using DRL's without errors can help me with this issue. I hope when either me or you figure this problem out we post and share the fix.

Take Care,
Old 05-22-2009, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
This does belong in the current xenon=present thread which is still floating around at the top of the list.

That said, if you've tried error cancelers and it still won't work then as IntoTheBlue said your only course of action is to have your dealership program your car as if it had HID equipped at the factory. See aforementioned thread for more info.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:13 AM

Finally my HID works like it is Factory! I went to a certified shop with the mercedes computer systems. They programmed my car, the bill said, Program EIS or something on it. Either way they programmed my car so the car thinks the hid is factory. Its perfect now, my DRL light up perfectly during the day, no flickering either. I just leave it on my auto setting and day and night i no longer have errors popping up and they light up perfectly.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:41 PM

2004 C230 Sport Sedan 6 Speed & 1987 190E 2.3 16 Cosworth AMG

Well nice job getting your problem fixed.......I have the issues of my HID lights running all the time, with or without the manual switch on......I have tried to turn off the "Day Time Running Option" in the computer and for some reason my Canadian car does not have that option....

I have no flickering issues, no warning lights at all, no problems at all really but they are just running 24/7 when the car is on and is really burning my DEPO black headlight casing....its suckesssssss

I have made a previous thread about it and got some good ideas....anyone else have any new ideas??

thanks
Old 06-02-2009, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by tropics
Well nice job getting your problem fixed.......I have the issues of my HID lights running all the time, with or without the manual switch on......I have tried to turn off the "Day Time Running Option" in the computer and for some reason my Canadian car does not have that option....

I have no flickering issues, no warning lights at all, no problems at all really but they are just running 24/7 when the car is on and is really burning my DEPO black headlight casing....its suckesssssss

I have made a previous thread about it and got some good ideas....anyone else have any new ideas??

thanks
Hey there, I live in Canada as well. My car as well was equipped with DRL's like yours and my HID now turns on as DRL and night time lights as well. I don't know of any option of how to turn off DRL's...since they are techinically mandatory in Canada.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:21 PM

2004 C230 Sport Sedan 6 Speed & 1987 190E 2.3 16 Cosworth AMG
Just thought I would try and bring these issue I am having with the HID kits running daily and no manual cut-off???

Anybody else have any experience with this issue?

thx
Old 03-23-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by tropics
Just thought I would try and bring these issue I am having with the HID kits running daily and no manual cut-off???

Anybody else have any experience with this issue?

thx
On my car the HID turns on as soon as the car starts regardless of what time of day it is. It only turns off when I turn my car off with the exception of it turning off if my car sits there idling on one spot for more then a couple of minutes. Even this can be overridden by turning auto lights off. So i think your issue is normal.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
Go through the on screen menu in between the two gauges and go to light and set headlight mode to constant.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:06 AM

2005 w203 c230 sport sedan
Originally Posted by OneOfaKindTrini
Go through the on screen menu in between the two gauges and go to light and set headlight mode to constant.
it only works in states.

canadian want to disable the DRL...