C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

MB headunit and external CD player

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009 | 07:34 PM

2013 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by FrankW
OMFG....noobs...did you guys not see the sticky thread up top? please spent more than 2sec pretending you have STFF.
The very first thing you said was with an attitude....How about saying "there is tons of information about this, trying using these keywords "blank" and "blank."

Listen buddy, all I'm saying is this: yes. I am a "noob" here. However, in all of the forums I've been a contributing member of (bimmerforums, evolutionm.net, ducatimonsterforums.org, etc) I've never been approached by a senior member of the community in such a discourteous, demeaning way. I've seen it happen between others, but I don't expect it, or tolerate it. You don't know me, and I don't know you. So many people approach others on forums with this initial superiority complex of "oh I'm a senior member, and these f***ing noobs" as soon as someone new to that forum doesn't do something to their liking. With all of that said, mutual respect is a must.

I appologize for any disrespect on my behalf, but get used to my presence on this forum. I'll be around for a while

Edit: Napoleon complex has to do with someone making up for their lack of height or general lack of confidence. I lack neither.

Last edited by Dr.Fox; 05-27-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2009 | 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Coupe
WOW...im away from the forum for a few days and you guys go all out and get yourself in such a tangle...LOL. Just kidding.

Anyway, NOW THAT ALL THESE ARGUEMENTS HAVE BEEN SOLVED, we can move on.

So getting back to the initial topic of this thread, by starting this thread, Ive learnt that it is nt possible to wire an ipod into the 2002 head unit because it doesnt have any input connectors at the back.
Old 05-27-2009 | 09:12 PM

2013 C300 4Matic Sport
YES! sorry for jacking your thread

ANYWAY, it seems you are right about that - there are no AUX inputs for the 2002. however, you can wire it through your cassette player as linked above. I think I might do this...
Old 05-27-2009 | 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dr.Fox
YES! sorry for jacking your thread

ANYWAY, it seems you are right about that - there are no AUX inputs for the 2002. however, you can wire it through your cassette player as linked above. I think I might do this...
No worries. I wouldve asked the same questions, so I learnt a lot as well.

Somehow the idea of using a tape input for the ipod doesnt seem to go too well with me. I might look into the denison solution a bit more.
Old 05-27-2009 | 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OMFG....noobs...did you guys not see the sticky thread up top? please spent more than 2sec pretending you have STFF.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...no-answer.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post1775408
Frank W,

Since this is my thread, im obliged to comment. I dont like being referred to the way you did in your post and when I say i searched...i ****ing searched, and did not find the info I was looking for. I dont like being called a liar or a pretender either.

I did not ask for your assistance in particular, and wouldnt give a rats a** if you did not respond. So if you think you are too smart for us `noobs` dont ****ing post in my thread and stick to posting only in other senior member`s threads.

Remember, you dont get respect just coz youre a `senior member`, you need to earn it by playing the part of a role model.
Old 05-27-2009 | 09:42 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by jcnash
Frank W,

Since this is my thread, im obliged to comment. I dont like being referred to the way you did in your post and when I say i searched...i ****ing searched, and did not find the info I was looking for. I dont like being called a liar or a pretender either.

I did not ask for your assistance in particular, and wouldnt give a rats a** if you did not respond. So if you think you are too smart for us `noobs` dont ****ing post in my thread and stick to posting only in other senior member`s threads.

Remember, you dont get respect just coz youre a `senior member`, you need to earn it by playing the part of a role model.
will do...next time this thread will just be merged with the existing threads.

noobs today are sure sensitive. did you not see what does it say under your username?

btw, this was your question
Now my questions: With option 3 and 5, will I lose the steering wheel controls? If so is there anything I can do to not lost them? With option 4, I know I wont lose the steering volume control, but is it even possible to go this way? Does the stock MB system have input capabilities at the back?
those can be answered with reading through this not-so-obvious-sticky-threads up top https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-diy-faqs.html

Last edited by FrankW; 05-27-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2009 | 10:01 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
btw, seriously you two clowns (Dr.Fox & jcnash) needs to get with the program. This car like I've said has been around for 9 year and going on 10. All that can be asked has been asked and has been answered.

and i can tell you bdgdl08 and lilbenz230 learned a lot of stuff from their reading old and new posts and knows where to post questions if there's any confusions. They have the presence and mind to do it, why can't you two clowns?

don't have time to STFF?! It's threads like this making the search even tougher than it is.

if you want to start threads at will, feel free to do it on benzworld.org.
Old 05-27-2009 | 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 CLK320 (sold), 2007 C230 SS (gone), 2000 Grand Marquis, 2011 CR-Z, stay tuned...
Old 05-27-2009 | 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

btw, seriously you two clowns (Dr.Fox & jcnash) needs to get with the program. This car like I've said has been around for 9 year and going on 10. All that can be asked has been asked and has been answered.

and i can tell you bdgdl08 and lilbenz230 learned a lot of stuff from their reading old and new posts and knows where to post questions if there's any confusions. They have the presence and mind to do it, why can't you two clowns?

don't have time to STFF?! It's threads like this making the search even tougher than it is.

Haha..you are the bloody clown...you think whats under your username is what every human being dies for....and ROFL you say...lol. you must be hip old man..where did you pull that phrase out of...urban dictionary...lol.

if the moderators on this forum are OK with so called senior members calling other people clowns just because they dont fall in line with what whackos like this dude think....and only because the said senior members have a lot of knowledge about the cars..

gah...**** it. you BOP arent even worth the effort i need to put in to finish this. yeh your kiss *** moderators can close this thread or merge it or you can shove it up your *** ****er.

biite me.
Old 05-27-2009 | 11:27 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Haha..you are the bloody clown...you think whats under your username is what every human being dies for....and ROFL you say...lol. you must be hip old man..where did you pull that phrase out of...urban dictionary...lol.

if the moderators on this forum are OK with so called senior members calling other people clowns just because they dont fall in line with what whackos like this dude think....and only because the said senior members have a lot of knowledge about the cars..

gah...**** it. you BOP arent even worth the effort i need to put in to finish this. yeh your kiss *** moderators can close this thread or merge it or you can shove it up your *** ****er.

biite me.
urban dictionary.

Last edited by FrankW; 05-27-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2009 | 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

urban dictionary.
oh look...old man knows to use icons....oooooooooooh!!! guess all those years becoming a senior member on MBW paid off eh? haha.

NTFOL...NTFOL....hahahahha!
Old 05-28-2009 | 03:29 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Dr.Fox
Sorry, but I don't remember bothering you for help? And I don't remember asking for your rude response either. Next time keep it to yourself, as others have better things to do than "STFF" all night. Thanks.

And I've already come across those threads, and didn't find them very helpful. Thanks again...
Please read the Terms of use and the stickies on the top of the forum. If you choose to make the board cluttered with topics that have been discussed in the past, please keep in mind that threads of this sort will be merged in the future. For now, I am closing this thread.
Old 05-28-2009 | 03:29 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
oh look...old man knows to use icons....oooooooooooh!!! guess all those years becoming a senior member on MBW paid off eh? haha.

NTFOL...NTFOL....hahahahha!
yes, I'm old for being 26.