C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

BOSE subwoofer in sedans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
BOSE subwoofer in sedans

I did the STFF and could only find pics of Coupe and Wagon subs. Both of which are smaller than MB says.

Anybody here have pics of the sedan sub. MB says 9" but I doubt it from the bass output.
It seems to me that 9" is the size of the non-BOSE sub. This also appears to have more bass than the BOSE but not the definition or clarity.

Thanx
Old 02-14-2003, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The True OG Modded out W203
You know what, that sub is like 9 inches. I just had it removed this monday when I installed a pair of subs, amp and cap. The 9 incher is paper thin though. Once you see it you'll understand why it doesn't hit hard.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally posted by enri007
You know what, that sub is like 9 inches. I just had it removed this monday when I installed a pair of subs, amp and cap. The 9 incher is paper thin though. Once you see it you'll understand why it doesn't hit hard.
Please post a pic if you can and wouldn't mind.
Was it in a custom enclosure like all the others or was it a *free air type*?
Old 02-14-2003, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
To tell you the truth when I got to the audio shop they already had the sub removed, but I'm almost certain it was enclosed. I have the sub still lying around in my trunk. I will try and post a pic(which I always have a difficult time doing) as soon as I can, but honestly someone else will probably beat me as I don't think I will be able to put it up untill maybe tommorow...as it is V-day and unfortunately( )my chick wants me to spend time w/her.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:47 PM

i'm pretty sure it's a free air sub. i think it sounds pretty decent for a 9 inch with limited power. it's a stock benz i don't think you're gonna get huge bass. just do what i did and add a 12inch sub. really easy and not too expensive depending on the brand you choose.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by b4chow
i'm pretty sure it's a free air sub. i think it sounds pretty decent for a 9 inch with limited power. it's a stock benz i don't think you're gonna get huge bass. just do what i did and add a 12inch sub. really easy and not too expensive depending on the brand you choose.
That things a POS.

My fricken Saturn had better bass- with no subwoofer- and that was a BOSE setup as well. I love the clarity and sound quality of the MB/Bose setup, but damn, is a little extra bass on the low end too much to ask for?
Old 02-15-2003, 12:29 AM

if anyone has ever heard the CL500 stock system it's by far worst than the C320 bose set-up. high-end japanese cars seem to do a lot better with the entertainment stuff.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:33 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
if anyone has ever heard the CL500 stock system it's by far worst than the C320 bose set-up. high-end japanese cars seem to do a lot better with the entertainment stuff.
I would agree with this statement. I listened to different Euro cars and their upgrade sound systems and they don't seem to have the deeper bass, < 100 Hz, than some of the domestics and japanese models. But then again I also heard some that seem to emphasize the sound around 150 - 200 Hz which makes you think you got more than what you actually got. Either that or it is the transfer function of the car. Maybe someone here can educate me.

I got a set of dual 8" in a custom box with a nice 300 Wrms amp I might hook up to seem what improvement that gains. Would you mind and PM me with the hook up info (wire colors, sedan bose amp location, etc.) that you collected prior to doing your install. Thanx