C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Auto Transporter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 12:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 G63 AMG, 2019 G550
Auto Transporter

Hey guys! I am shipping an Escalade from Malibu, CA to Houston, Texas. Can anyone recommend a rep. auto transporter? It has been a while since I have shipped a car and can't find my old contacts.

I have just been informed that FedEx has a auto shipping department and I have just requested a quote.

I have done a search and cannot find a thread has had any activity within the last year.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:17 AM

'02 C320 Wagon, '78 308 GTS, '06 Highlander Hybrid
Here's something I posted on another forum just a couple weeks ago...

I just wanted to pass along a company that I would recommend for transporting cars. I just sold my '93 MB 500E to a guy in GA. The first transporter the buyer was going to use called me to say he was going to pick up the car in a couple hours. I told him that I needed more lead time and he said that's how transporters work. To make a long story short, the buyer used a different transportation company, D & D Transport based in Phoenix, AZ. This company called me the day before pick up to schedule a time. He then called me in the morn to let me know that he got delayed and would be coming later. He then called when he was about 30 minutes out to give me a heads up. The truck was fairly new, clean, and in great shape. He already had a 360, an Audi, 7 series, and a 1929 Ford Model A in it. The rig and trailer were completely covered. The driver was very professional and did a great job. No affiliation...just wanted to pass it on.

Henry
Old 08-29-2009, 11:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 ML350
Originally Posted by hanknum
Here's something I posted on another forum just a couple weeks ago...

I just wanted to pass along a company that I would recommend for transporting cars. I just sold my '93 MB 500E to a guy in GA. The first transporter the buyer was going to use called me to say he was going to pick up the car in a couple hours. I told him that I needed more lead time and he said that's how transporters work. To make a long story short, the buyer used a different transportation company, D & D Transport based in Phoenix, AZ. This company called me the day before pick up to schedule a time. He then called me in the morn to let me know that he got delayed and would be coming later. He then called when he was about 30 minutes out to give me a heads up. The truck was fairly new, clean, and in great shape. He already had a 360, an Audi, 7 series, and a 1929 Ford Model A in it. The rig and trailer were completely covered. The driver was very professional and did a great job. No affiliation...just wanted to pass it on.

Henry
Henry, small world....Just last Thursday, my bother in law just had a classic truck delivered from Scotsdale to Portland and used D&D. Beautiful covered hauler filled with classic muscle cars--69 Camaro convertible SS. Hemi Challenger. My brother in law could not stop raving about how great of job he did. Took great care, on time, good scheduling, etc. Sounds like D&D has it going on...
Old 08-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 C320 Sedan
Crap.... Give me the car ill ship it for you.. ill drive it out there .. As long as i get a plan ticket back we are all set =P
Old 08-31-2009, 11:21 AM

2017 G63 AMG, 2019 G550
I just heard back from FedEx and they want $1,801 to ship the Escalade! I have been finding quotes that range from $750 to $1,801. There are so many trucking companies and their prices are all over the place. I just need to find one that is reasonable in price and has a good rep.