C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Installing I-pod integration into glove box...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
Installing I-pod integration into glove box...

Maybe this could be added to the DIY thread but this is basically what i did with pics...I had it origiannly installed by Best Buy since they only wnated $50 instead of $300 to install it for me. HOwever, he did place it through my ashtray rather than installing into the glove box...i then decided to add the inline amplifier (go figure they wouldnt include or build into the kit) and found that he also put the integration box in behind my HVAC and when i add the amplifier it began pressing onto my harness and cutting speakers out at random due to the pressure. So i decided to fix it and run it through the glove box as designed...

1) I am going to pick this up where the other threads have left off which you can find in the DIY section...completely remove center trim (vents, top control, h/u, hvac, ashtray, shifter trim)...
Attached Thumbnails Installing I-pod integration into glove box...-p1010037.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2) now after connecting the harness together inline with the existing harness move down into the passenger footwell and undo the 2 torx screws that hold the glove box kick plate up underneath the glove box and pull it as far out as possible w/o completely removing it...you will see a big Styrofoam block, and some insulator, etc.

then take a long screw driver (at least i did) and find the whole on the left side up under the glove box where it looks like would lead in behind the h/u...it in fact does lead to behind the h/u...then take the reddish wrapped wires and push down through this hole where the screw driver shows up from behind the h/u and pull completely through and feel free to connect immediately to the integration box
Attached Thumbnails Installing I-pod integration into glove box...-p1010038.jpg   Installing I-pod integration into glove box...-p1010039.jpg   Installing I-pod integration into glove box...-p1010040.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

3) now proceed to removing the side panel from betweeen the door and the glove box, this panel just pops off and pulls toward you out...you must have the door open and the glove box open...from there you will pull back the insulation and notice the pre-cut out circle and carefully pop it out...this is where the rubber plug will plug into...run the wire down the side of the glove box in behnd the glove box to down under it where the kick panel was removed...now you may either plug in the amp or simply connect into the box...i shoved the box and amp up into a space on the right side up under the glove box back in next to the outer wall of the vehicle...push the wire up into the glove box area so it doesn't hang down and begin to reassemble the kick plate but be careful that the red cable doesnt get caught in the vent hole back over towards the center console area when the wire comes through from behind the h/u to the passenger footwell...reinstall the side panel next to the glove box where the wire enters the glove box...re connect the center console trims and you are done! congrats!

*although i do recommend checking the system before reinstalling to ensure correct installation and success of the hook up...
Attached Thumbnails Installing I-pod integration into glove box...-p1010041.jpg   Installing I-pod integration into glove box...-p1010042.jpg   Installing I-pod integration into glove box...-p1010043.jpg   Installing I-pod integration into glove box...-p1010044.jpg  
Old 09-14-2009, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2K5 C230K SS 6MT -BLK/BLK
Why did you remove the panel under the glove box? I just stuffed it up where the carpet meets the bottom of the dash/glove box in the foremost part of the cabin. Didn't have to take anything apart. Other than that.. nice DIY ;-)