C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

who here has gotten Bi-Xenons from Steve?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Guest0001

who here has gotten Bi-Xenons from Steve?

who here has gotten bi-xenons from steve?

are u guys satisfied with it? is the qaulity of it good? any visible scratches?

just want to know because i want order some from him in the future and dont feel like spending a fortune.

thanks
Old 03-02-2003, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine are on the way right now but i have seen them installed in a C320 and they are great. Well worth the price of admission in my opinion.

The dealer sells them for $945 a side so i am sure you can see the savings from Steve. BTW, keep your eyes peeled for some developments soon.
Old 03-02-2003, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did. And I am very happy with the lights as well as Steve. If I dont tell you where the minor scratches are, you will not be able to tell. I think thats acceptable. Also, not all of his lights have scratches, some dont. For his price, its a very good deal.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Banned

2001 C240
Thumbs up

I did....It's a MB part, so the quality is OEM, a couple of MINOR scratches on lens, I've done more by just driving on the freeways.... His price is right compared to US dealers.
Old 03-02-2003, 06:05 PM

2002 C320
Mine is on the way =) hope they arrive ok
Old 03-02-2003, 10:01 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by Keista
I did....It's a MB part, so the quality is OEM, a couple of MINOR scratches on lens, I've done more by just driving on the freeways.... His price is right compared to US dealers.
are the scratches visible? i mean if it is ill just save up and get the quality ones from evosport or something. i dont like the fact of paying a grand for scrached up lenses
Old 03-03-2003, 12:31 AM
Banned

2001 C240
You have this whole big assembly, and there might be one 1/2" long scratch on the clear cover lens - that's it. Overall the assembly is so large and sparkily, you will never see it without really looking closely for it. Check out the prices from Evosport (I think $1800) and others before you decide. I'll take the insignificant scratch that doesn't affect performance to save that kind of money. Also, they are selling the US version, Steve's are European - better as they are brighter with better beam pattern.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:40 AM
Guest0001

Originally posted by Keista
You have this whole big assembly, and there might be one 1/2" long scratch on the clear cover lens - that's it. Overall the assembly is so large and sparkily, you will never see it without really looking closely for it. Check out the prices from Evosport (I think $1800) and others before you decide. I'll take the insignificant scratch that doesn't affect performance to save that kind of money. Also, they are selling the US version, Steve's are European - better as they are brighter with better beam pattern.
do u have a pic of your car??? like a close up of the lenz

i want to see the type of scratch u are talking about?

i know im being ****, but i just want to make sure.

thanks
Old 03-03-2003, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
Originally posted by noblert10

i want to see the type of scratch u are talking about?

i know im being ****, but i just want to make sure.

thanks
I bought a set from Steve (AKA Euro Pimp)...zero visible scratches and I'm just as **** !!
Steve's a great guy - I would have no hesitation in ordering anything from him -- DO IT !!
Old 03-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels

I want to see the type of scratch u are talking about?

I know im being ****, but i just want to make sure.
Eventhough some lights don't have minor scratches or other flaws at all, I just sell all lights with a "minor flaw" statement/warning just to be sure nobody will get disapointed by a possible scratch or something similar...
The mentioned minor scratches are normally less then what will be seen at the lenses of both headlights after 1 year (or less) of use (please note that the headlights are at the front of the car and catch a lot of whatever is left behind on the roads and will have minor flaws after a whil anyway...unless you plan not to use the car).

If you are afraid that the set you might get has a minor hard to notice scratch and if you are not 100% sure that you rather have a set at half the price with a possible minor flaw instead of a twice as expensive set without a single flaw, please don't think anylonger and just spend some more money and get the perfect set!

greetingz,
Old 03-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by MBenzNL
Eventhough some lights don't have minor scratches or other flaws at all, I just sell all lights with a "minor flaw" statement/warning just to be sure nobody will get disapointed by a possible scratch or something similar...
The mentioned minor scratches are normally less then what will be seen at the lenses of both headlights after 1 year (or less) of use (please note that the headlights are at the front of the car and catch a lot of whatever is left behind on the roads and will have minor flaws after a whil anyway...unless you plan not to use the car).

If you are afraid that the set you might get has a minor hard to notice scratch and if you are not 100% sure that you rather have a set at half the price with a possible minor flaw instead of a twice as expensive set without a single flaw, please don't think anylonger and just spend some more money and get the perfect set!

greetingz,
ima get it from you steve, there is no doubt
Old 03-03-2003, 01:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2006 CLS 55 AMG
After having purchased a set of oem xenon (not bi-xenon)assemblies from Steve I can tell you that Steve is a perfectionist and oftentimes overstates the level of imperfection. What I mean is that although Steve stated that a small scratch was located on one of the lenses which I bought what I found was that the assembly was almost flawless. Steve is Highly recomended to deliver as promised. As I would without a second thought recomend and trust Steve.

Disclamer- I have not been in any way compensated for this endorsement.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I cant belive this but i am still waiting for my Bi-Xenons. Steve shipped them out on time but for some reason customs in NJ is just sitting there and letting it collect dust. My lights arrived in the US on the first of March and have not moved from Newark Customs since then.

WTF???

Anyone else had trouble with NJ customs?
Old 03-03-2003, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Originally posted by Silver_Lana
Anyone else had trouble with NJ customs?
Isn't that the same place that Steve had trouble when he shipped all those COMAND's earlier this year? Or was that New York?
Old 03-04-2003, 02:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
NJ/NY customs always causes troubles and delay...that is normal...

It doesn't matter what I send there and how I send it there, but NJ/NY parcels always need much longer to arrive then all other US parcels...

Yes, it was the same customs that kept my comands for a while...eventhough every single form was filled and shipped together with the parcel...

greetingz,
Old 03-04-2003, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Arrow

I called them this morning... and they said it should be released tommorow.
I'll belive that when i see the status change on the tracking page.

Thanks for emailing me to reassure me Steve.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Almost a Member!

C200 CDI w203
steve and his bi-xenons

Hi...
i sent steve some money on wednesday, on thursday he packed it, FedEx picked it up, Friday lunch time, FedEx delivered, Friday evening my car was equipped with bi-xenons! i am a very very fussy person and to be honest, i have not noticed any scratches on the glass... The downside is FedEx messed up the delivery a bit but that is another story not worth mentioning!! On top of the goods being fine, I was always able to reach Steve friday afternoon to sort out stupid questions, something one can not do with dealers... he charges less than dealers, offers better service than dealers, he is always there to answer my stupid questions, what else do you want?
greetings from vienna, austria
Rumman
Old 03-04-2003, 05:17 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2002 W210 M112 | 2021 X247 M270 | 2015 Audi SQ5 | 2015 VW Golf R
Thumbs up Bi-xenons from steve

Just out of curiousity, why does steve have so many so called "minor scratches" bi-xenons? thanks
Old 03-04-2003, 05:45 PM

M
So when will we be expecting some coupe bi-xenons? :-)
Old 03-04-2003, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Re: Bi-xenons from steve

Originally posted by blueC230K
Just out of curiousity, why does steve have so many so called "minor scratches" bi-xenons? thanks
Because they are the imperfect ones that MB does not want to sell new, so he is able to buy them cheap and pass the low cost along to all of us.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Guest0001

Re: Re: Bi-xenons from steve

Originally posted by Matt230K
Because they are the imperfect ones that MB does not want to sell new, so he is able to buy them cheap and pass the low cost along to all of us.
is this true?
Old 03-04-2003, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by c class 279
So when will we be expecting some coupe bi-xenons? :-)
I'm interested in C-Coupe Bi-Xenons as well.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Re: Re: Re: Bi-xenons from steve

is this true?
By imperfect, I just mean ones that are not completely perfect, like ones with very small scratches. Steve would have to tell you exactly where he gets them from, but at one point in time, they belonged to either MB or their suppliers. It's hard to get the brand new absolutely perfect ones at a discount like the one steve offers. Remember what he told you earlier in this thread:

Old 03-04-2003, 11:36 PM
Guest0001

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bi-xenons from steve

Originally posted by Matt230K
By imperfect, I just mean ones that are not completely perfect, like ones with very small scratches. Steve would have to tell you exactly where he gets them from, but at one point in time, they belonged to either MB or their suppliers. It's hard to get the brand new absolutely perfect ones at a discount like the one steve offers. Remember what he told you earlier in this thread:

no its cool man, its just u kinda made it sound they are retarded or salvaged

i will be buying it from steve, when he has a new batch, its the scratches are minor and not really visible and u would really have to get super close to look at it , then thats fine ill take it

does anyone have a close up pic of there bi- xenons

thanks
Old 03-05-2003, 09:30 AM

97 C280 Mercedes
Talking Price?

Whats the price for the bi-xenons, and can I find a place on my C280 for them? Heh

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: who here has gotten Bi-Xenons from Steve?