C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

bad bearings causing rotor warp?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009 | 01:53 PM

05 c230 kompressor SS 6MT & 07 BMW 335i
bad bearings causing rotor warp?

ok so I have been warping rotors on my front brakes every few thousand miles. I have gone through 3 sets of OEM Brembo rotors and OEM pads in the past few months, with the last set being installed at MB. I had my fluid changed during the last service, but for the life of me cant figure out why my brakes won't stay straight. Dealer says nothing is wrong but I know there is. I am need of outer tie rods (Frozen) and an alignment, but other wise the car is driving fine. could a bad wheel bearing be a cause for warping rotors at all? I have been noticing a slight humming noise from the front left tire and the steering is tramlining a bit more than usual. i need to jack the car up to check the wheel play, but any suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks
Old 10-31-2009 | 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'17 Jaguar XF
Sigh....another victim of stop and go freeway/expressway driving that doesn't bed the pads in properly. 1st read this: http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...rakedisk.shtml I used to have the same problem on every car that I owned until I understood what was really happening and how to fix it. VERY common problem with drivers that are late brakers or get a caught in expressway commute traffic. Bed in solved the problem for me....say amen.