C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My First Accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
wow. Thats crazy. usually the headlight tabs break... instead of the whole hosing.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sport
i just checked ebay they have the right side OEM bi-xenon but its alittle pricey....
heres the link and good luck with the repairs. http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Mercede...item5d26ecafc2
Old 11-25-2009, 04:57 AM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by Yasmin212
i just checked ebay they have the right side OEM bi-xenon but its alittle pricey....
heres the link and good luck with the repairs. http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Mercede...item5d26ecafc2
Thanks, but unfortunately that headlight will not work for my car in the US. That headlight is made for RHD cars and for countries where people drive on the left side of the road. The cutoff would be backwards and I would be blinding oncoming traffic.

I already ordered a supposed OEM Bi-Xenon headlight replacement for $686 shipped from Parts Geek (see previous posts). I am not 100% sure that it is OEM, but I am 90% sure it will be (either Bosch (American Lighting) or Hella). I will post an update once I receive it. I'm not sure if I am getting it tomorrow or Friday as I have not been emailed a tracking number yet.

As I mentioned, if this part does turn out to be OEM, then people will be able to order a brand new Bi-Xenon headlight set for $1,372. The best prices I have been able to find for a new set is about $1,800 between eBay and several online retailers. The going average price for a set online is about $2,200. Even dealership wholesale price is $2,600 for a set.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:01 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
C63
hey i have a oem grille for sale. well, not really even for sale. i'm willing to let it go just for like $25 +shipping. i'm not sure what year it is, but i won an auction and it came with 2 grilles (a cl style one and an oem one). i haven't been able to get the cl style grille on my car for whatever reason (the screw holes are different and i can't find the right size screws to get it onto the car). anyway, the oem grille also came in the auction even though i didn't need it. if you're interested, just PM me. it's in pretty good condition.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 C320
Originally Posted by XenonBenz
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but is your headlight damaged? It looks like maybe the headlight brackets were broken because the headlight looks like it was pushed inward.

This could be a good time to invest a little of your own money along with insurance money to get some Bi-Xenons!

If you want to get Bi-Xenon's, I can let you know in a few days if the one I ordered turns out to be genuine OEM.
Yup, you are correct, my headlight was damaged, for one, the edge of the fender put a nice gouge in the headlight cover, and behind the scenes, one headlight bracket was completely broken off with the other two were slightly damaged. I did NOT invest any of my own money into it, I already gotten everything straightened out with the guy's insurance and have my car back already fixed up. At the time, I just wanted it back to how it was before anything happened to it, so I'm happy for that. BUT, as for Bi-Xenon's, I def. wouldn't mind them!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:13 PM

2007 c230
well isn't insurance covering everything anywayz? and also tip for ppl encounter a near immient deer collison....don't break or swerve out of the way just hit it. Statistics say that .06 accidents involving a deer collison is fatel. Never jam on ur brakes because the front end dips down and the deer is more likely to go through the windshield. They said turn towards the rear of the door and hopefully it will just jump out of the way.... don't quote me on anything this is what i read from some government site
Old 11-29-2009, 12:43 AM

2005 C230K
Originally Posted by Norwichdelta06
well isn't insurance covering everything anywayz? and also tip for ppl encounter a near immient deer collison....don't break or swerve out of the way just hit it. Statistics say that .06 accidents involving a deer collison is fatel. Never jam on ur brakes because the front end dips down and the deer is more likely to go through the windshield. They said turn towards the rear of the door and hopefully it will just jump out of the way.... don't quote me on anything this is what i read from some government site
Ive heard of this before too.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:00 AM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
Finally Over, Sort of

Okay so I finally received the "Action Crash Parts" (Owned by Keystone & LKQ) Bi-Xenon replacement headlight that was supposedly German made, and included both bulb and ballast.

It turns out it is a CRAP DEPO! There was no bulb or ballast included.

One Depo headlight for $686... what a bargain! What kind of dirty company sells one headlight for $686 when you can buy a pair of Depo headlights on eBay for $300 shipped. Thieves I tell you! There is also an eBay seller selling individual Depo headlights, advertised as Bi-Xenon OEM replacements, for $500 a piece.

I ordered from Partsgeek.com, and I must say they have the worst customer service ever! I made this order last Monday Nov. 23 and they said they would ship same day. After waiting 2 days, I never got a tracking number. So I called them at least 40 times and sent 20 emails to get a tracking number over the past week, with no luck. I finally got a hold of them today and got the tracking number. Box was delivered today and I was fuming when I saw the damn Depo box.

With how hard it is to get a hold of anyone at Partsgeek, I am worried how tough it will be for me to get an RMA issued. I'm already prepared to just send it back and dispute the charge with my credit card company.

The good news is that I was able to repair my OEM MB Bi-Xenon headlight. There was a broken mounting tab inside, so I took the whole headlight apart and used CYA cyanoacrylate gel glue with accelerator to re-attach the broken mounting tab. I also used the glue, like an epoxy, to re-seal and mend the cracks in the back of the headlight. The CYA glue is some serious stuff, definately the best glue/epoxy to use to repair broken plastic (you can buy it at Hobby stores).

Old 12-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
wtf they said they were not depo. send email give it two days if no response ship back to them and dispute with credit card company. i would be so pissed GL keep us updated.
if they in fact said not depo i would demand shipping both ways refunded.

Last edited by samaritrey; 12-03-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:47 AM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by samaritrey
wtf they said they were not depo. send email give it two days if no response ship back to them and dispute with credit card company. i would be so pissed GL keep us updated.
if they in fact said not depo i would demand shipping both ways refunded.
Yes, some SERIOUS bull**** I just dealt with. I have done some research on PartsGeek.com, and they are either rated 5 stars, or 1 star. PartsGeek doesn't warehouse anything, they just run a website where items are drop-shipped directly to customers from various distributors. If the part comes with no problems, then people are really happy, as they have REALLY good prices. But if there is any kind of problem with the order, it is next to impossible to get someone on the phone, or to get an email response.

Since the Partsgeeks website showed the headlight I ordered was supplied by Crash Action Parts, I actually called Crash Action Parts directly before I placed the order. Crash Action told me the headlights were either manufactured by Hella or some other German company. I went the extra step to ask if it was possibly made by Depo, and they said definately not. They also said the headlight came with a ballast and bulb. My order did not have a ballast or bulb included.

The funny thing is the headlight I ordered does not show up on the Partsgeek website anymore. I just looked now, and their is either an OEM American Lighting headlight for $910, or a "replacement" headlight for $520 (not including bulb or ballast).

If I don't hear back from them by Friday afternoon, I am going to just ship the headlight back and dispute the charge with my credit card company.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:08 AM

2007 c230
i'm sorry if i missed something in ur previous post but isn't everythign getting taken care of through insurance?