C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Major w203 M271 meltdown.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by Patrick LowKey
thank glyn and temjin. ill go ahead and order this one first along with the temp sensor. and i did see that DIY before posting. its $6 at allmercedes norcal. thats the whole thing, not just the o-rings. anyway, when replacing this part the fluid should not spill right? or should i have a pan ready?

it came soaked in tranny oil? hahaha. oh and i notice that screw on the bottom. the new one doesnt have it. do you have to move it to the new one?
Just be sure you get a genuine one. There is $8 genuine & $5 other at rmeuropean.

http://www.rmeuropean.com/mercedes-parts.aspx#Category
Old 01-09-2010, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
thank glyn and temjin. ill go ahead and order this one first along with the temp sensor. and i did see that DIY before posting. its $6 at allmercedes norcal. thats the whole thing, not just the o-rings. anyway, when replacing this part the fluid should not spill right? or should i have a pan ready?

it came soaked in tranny oil? hahaha. oh and i notice that screw on the bottom. the new one doesnt have it. do you have to move it to the new one?
Yeah loosen the screw and the brushing should come out. You do reuse the screw for the new one. Just be careful and not over tighten the screw.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Moped
ok. thanks for the tip temjin. cant wait to get my parts.

yes, i did get the genuine parts. small price diff to pay for quality.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Moped
ok. so i got my adaptor and temp sensor today. tried to install sensor and it was not fit. so i have to return it.

adaptor long story short i think glyn is right.

so i did the adaptor step by step.

wiped everything around the working area.
removed the shroud.
twisted it counter-clockwise was abit tight.
once i had it free. i pulled the wire. a small amount of oil came gushing down.
guess what. the oil looked exactly what was dripping. but its not done yet.
i got a 7mm long neck and started to unscrew the adaptor.
once it was free i just pulled it out.
here's the F'ed up part. LOTS of oil came out! i dint have a pan or anything to catch it with.
i only had the cardboard thing i was lying on so i slid it down to keep my garage clean. got of under the car and got a pan.
now i dont know exactly how much i lost. so i dont know how much to top it off..
so anyway. i said that glyn was right coz of the oil color. it looked like engine oil with coolant when it was a small amount.
but when it was already thick, it became dark gold. i coudnt really find the red in it until i put the oil on top of light.

anyways. i havent put the new one in yet coz im letting the thing drip till its clean.

i have the electric parts cleaner ready. question is do i spray it on the wire connector? or inside where the adaptor goes? or both?

also. why did my tranny oil warp like this? again with the same question. is it the original oil left in the torque converter? is it my driving style?(i burned the oil or something)

whats the best path for me from here?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Moped
ok. update again. read the DIY on installuniversity.com everything is in place already. took the car for a drive for maybe 10 miles around town. i dont have a tranny dipstick but i have and infrared temp gauge. i took the temp of the tranny pan and it was 77.2 Celsius. i know its suppose to be 80. is it safe for me to not add oil? i will observe the leak overnight and update tom.

oh by the way. when i test drove the car, i could feel a significant diff in shifting. i can barley feel my car shifting now. and the response is much better.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
ok. update again. read the DIY on installuniversity.com everything is in place already. took the car for a drive for maybe 10 miles around town. i dont have a tranny dipstick but i have and infrared temp gauge. i took the temp of the tranny pan and it was 77.2 Celsius. i know its suppose to be 80. is it safe for me to not add oil? i will observe the leak overnight and update tom.

oh by the way. when i test drove the car, i could feel a significant diff in shifting. i can barley feel my car shifting now. and the response is much better.
WHAT?!

you need the dipstick to see what the oil level is at - the reading on the dipstick is only accurate at 80C.

oh boy...
Old 01-13-2010, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Waz up mang, I got your message. I am pretty busy this week. I will be free weekend. I am working extra for the turbo setup. I'll get in contact with you this weekend and we can check out your car. Remember when you use to get annoyed by the seat belt chime and never wore your seatbelt in my car because you're always afraid I might pull over and rape you? I disabled the seatbelt warning (everything including when you start the car all the way to driving) so now you won't get annoyed anymore.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
Originally Posted by Karo
Waz up mang, I got your message. I am pretty busy this week. I will be free weekend. I am working extra for the turbo setup. I'll get in contact with you this weekend and we can check out your car. Remember when you use to get annoyed by the seat belt chime and never wore your seatbelt in my car because you're always afraid I might pull over and rape you? I disabled the seatbelt warning (everything including when you start the car all the way to driving) so now you won't get annoyed anymore.
maybe you can figure out a way to manipulate the torque converter lock up parameters
Old 01-13-2010, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Moped
dingleberry: yeah i do need a dipstick. gonna wait till i get to borrow a friends.ill estimate what i have to put for now. but ill make sure its now more than what it needs. anyway. if the reason why the color is not red is really serious. i will do my tranny flush all over again.

karo: thanks dude. lmao. you havent changed. hahaha. i could probably drive my car up there this weekend. let me know when and what time your free.

Last edited by skittles; 01-13-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dingleberry
WHAT?!

you need the dipstick to see what the oil level is at - the reading on the dipstick is only accurate at 80C.

oh boy...
Nothing unusual about this with Auto's

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...org-forums.pdf
Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by Dingleberry
maybe you can figure out a way to manipulate the torque converter lock up parameters
Probably can be done. I accidentally erased adaptations for torque converter

I wanted to erase it for tranny but did torque converter instead. I'll play around with it.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Moped
update today.

Good news. tranny pan and my garage floor is spotless. drove it around earlier and checked it after and it was clean. so now i have to solve my overheating problem. like i said the sensor was the wrong fitment. and all sites sell the same thing with the same picture. i dunno. never really got to testing my fan coz i dont really know how to. so im gonna buy a new one tom. we'll see what happens. or maybe someone can help me DIY the testing.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Moped
hey karo. check out this link i found about my fan issue. your the only dude i know with the sdas that can do this. basically the guy has the same issue like mine, and people told him that the fan can be controlled by sdas and there are climate settings for the cooling system, depending where you live. and this fixed his problem.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...oo-slow-58312/
Old 01-14-2010, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

It could well be this. Have you done any fiddling with the ECU on your car? The setting should be correct for the US but maybe it's been corrupted. The video you showed leads me to believe that there is nothing wrong with the fan or controller.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Moped
nope. i have not touched the ecu ever on my car. hmmmm.... a friend also told me it might be a fan switch, he said its like a copper thing. i dunno. i cant find any though. just that sensor we discussed on the other thread. also he mentioned it might be a relay. but if it was then it shouldnt turn on at all.

is the ECU known to be corrupted on its own? i dont remember exactly when this started so i cant tell what i did with the car why its acting like this.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

I have looked through the wiring diagram for a few people now & there is no relay for the fan in either SAM. There is the aircon sensor & the main temp sensor. Otherwise there is just the controller & fan from what I can see. If it was a relay or fuse the fan would not run at all. I think you should get together with Karo & check the unit's settings with the SDAS before you throw more money at it. I would also change the thermostat.

Anything flashed on an EPROM can become corrupt.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Hey Patrick, I agree with Glyn. We should get together and take a look at your setting with SDAS.

I am free Friday. Why don't you come by Friday and we'll take a look at your car.
-----------------
Glyn, I got a check engine light again but this time I wasn't driving hard. You are right the Position Sensor is slowly going out. I'll use John's thread do DIY the sensor.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah - they seem to be a common failing on the 272.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Moped
sorry dude i was still sleeping. i just woke up.. its a date man! ill see you then tom.

BTW Glyn i replaced the thermostat when you told me to before. i forgot to tell you. there was no difference.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Good - we have that out of the way!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
sorry dude i was still sleeping. i just woke up.. its a date man! ill see you then tom.

BTW Glyn i replaced the thermostat when you told me to before. i forgot to tell you. there was no difference.
You just woke up? Ohh I forgot at Avalon it was Gay night yesterday..that all makes sense. Do you still pick up guys from that club and reenact the Borat scene? What's the deal with the rubber fist I remember you were saying it went missing from your room and you were gonna get to the bottom of it or the first was gonna get to the bottom of you..something like that you were saying

When you wake up come on by. I'll be home tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Update:

We hooked up Patrick's car to SDAS and all the settings looked fine. We also did a Fan actuation and Fan worked full speed. Fan is not the problem BUT when the fan kicks in (without SDAS actuation) is spins slowly and you can hardly hear the fan.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

SOB - then the ECU is getting a crap temperature feed from one of the sensors!
Old 01-15-2010, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
SOB - then the ECU is getting a crap temperature feed from one of the sensors!
Do you think it's M4/7 in the diagram that might be causing the problem?

Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Update:

Patrick took his car to the dealer for a diagnostics. He had a free coupon for a free diagnostics thanks to Ming. They gave him a free rental because service center was close. A free rental for a weekend? I confronted him about it and he said i'm too sore now to talk and hung up on me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Major w203 M271 meltdown.