C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Had my sunroof fixed (again) and now...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 R350
Smile Had my sunroof fixed (again) and now...

My sunroof was now 3 times inop (would not open anymore) and I brought my car to the dealer on Wednesday morning. I've got a call in the afternoon that they have to order some parts and they will need to keep my car for 3 days total. They gave me a loaner (Mitsubishi Galant from Enterprise - bleahhh) and ordered parts. On Friday I picked up my car and they say they replaced the overhead switch console (something about the sunroof loosing memory, would have to constantly resync etc.). Today was the first really nice and warm day here in Michigan (56F - hey, for us Michigans that is quite warm .... ) and I opened my sunroof, and to my little surprise the sunroof would open only about 2 or 3 inches on the first press of the button compared to about 50% before I brought my car in. The second press will then fully open the roof. The good thing now is that I have no wind buffeting at all (well - at least up to 60mph, couldn't drive any faster here). I always hated driving with the sunroof open (except when tilted) but from now on I am a happy man .
To wrap things up: I drive a 2002 Coupe, have a functioning tunnel mode, no wind buffeting anymore ('cause I drive only with the roof open to the first stop) and the fricking creaking and groaning of the closed sunroof is also gone since I attached a soft tape (similar to the window leak sealing tapes - just black and only about 2mm thick) to the portion of the roof where the glass is pressing on the rail or whatever that is up there :o .
Old 03-17-2003, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C230K
Could you tell me the exact location of where you put the tape? My roof squeaks as well.

--S
Old 03-19-2003, 09:09 AM

Alot of cars
I have my roof fixed twice already with similar symptoms as yours. I have an '02 C240 sedan. Very annoying problem.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:48 AM

C230Kompressor
1st stop

When I had the control unit replaced on my roof, the first stop was just a couple of inches back as well. For some reason, a month or so later, it went to the regular 'in the middle' first stop. I didn't do anything, change anything-just started doing it one day. So don't be surprised...