C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Considering 2007 c230 sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
203,500 miles on Marco's N52. A few issues here or there, mostly maintenance wise, runs fine. Slower than my C230 now, though.

Old thread.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230, S2000
I've only been driving my 2007 C230 for 7 months and I enjoy every single day wth it. I was looking for a daily driver back then and Mercedes was not even in my radar. BMW 3 series was my first choice but my BMW owner friends made me think twice. RX8 was my other choice but I already have toy car. Cayman was my third choice but not practical daily driver for me, and I already have a toy car.

While at Honda dealer parts department one day, I saw my black 2007 C230. Took her for a 20 miles test drive and that's all she wrote. Not very quick but I love the chassis rigidity and factory suspension, I can do almost the same maneuvers on my track prepared S2000 to it with ease considering the Benz weight almost 800lbs heavier. For a late braker like me, the OEM brakes are amazing, except for the pads which I changed to Akebono. The only issue I have with it so far is the crankshaft position sensor which was done under warranty last year.

I would recommend going for it, if you want a little upgrade and reliability with comfort and a good looking sports sedan.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK55 AMG, SL55 AMG, C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Karo
In the end Mercedes will always BMW. Wait till Mercedes' Turbo engines come out . Let's not forget AMG's 5.5 Turbo engine, once released will probably be banned in the US because no one will ever buy a BMW ever again and it will cause BMW to close some factories then slowly BMW will go out of business and contribute to a more economic downfall. But then Obama will unban it in the US because he always loved Mercedes. Then the BMW guys will have no choice but to join the Mercedes guys. Then one day when a Mercedes guy is driving he will see a BMW guy hitchhiking and will give the BMW guy a lift which the BMW guy will touch his radio. Then a fight will break out. Then people will have to separate into groups (gangs). There will be the Mercedes side and BMW side. Then one day a Chevy will rear end a Ford and they will get into an argument and a fight will break out. Then there will be Chevy VS Ford and then one day a Toyota driver will go to a Honda drivers house and accidentally fart and the Hinda driver will take this as a sign of disrespect then all the Japanese car drivers will choose side and Mitsubishi will come along and make fun of Subaru and they will break into 2 side then Audi and Porsche will want some action too and they will join BMW and then Chrysler will want some action too so he will call up his Dodge buddy but the Dodge buddy will say "If you come back you will have to give the Bail Out Money Back" so then Chrysler will say let me join my Half German brother Mercedes and there will be an ongoing battle which will spread throughout the world and this is how the world will end in 2012.
That is hilarious. You should write futurist novels or at the least PR for Mercedes.