C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Speedometer is not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz E350
Speedometer is not working

So i have been having problems all week with my car now my speedometer and instrument cluster are completely dead there is no lights and it is not moving at all can anyone help please? thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by butthead713
So i have been having problems all week with my car now my speedometer and instrument cluster are completely dead there is no lights and it is not moving at all can anyone help please? thanks
I read your old thread. You should link to it for others to see if you want help!

So either we have a huge coincidence here, or you totally FUBAR'd your car when you were working on it.
Is it possible that you shorted out some wires? Did you disconnect the battery at any point? Please tell us in detail what *exactly* you worked on, which wires you touched, which panels you removed, etc.

Check fuses - maybe you have a blown fuse.
Beyond that, figure out exactly what is and what isn't working. Go through all of the electronics one by one and get back to us. You may have toasted your front SAM module.

Just to comment on your last thread - sending out your airbag module is a very bad idea. It will not fix the problem because I very much doubt the module is bad - they go bad EXTREMELY rarely.

These sorts of electrical problems are usually very hard to diagnose, even at the stealership with Star Diagnostics at hand.