C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

**Please anyone help** 2007 C230 dash totally stripped!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by infected
Bumper doesn't line up with the fender at all. It's a lemon.
Good eye, I didn't notice that.

Smells like an insurance job for sure. Jacked some parts interior which are expensive. Replaced wheels with stupid wheels, jacked some exterior parts BUT they happened to do all this without breaking a window? HMMMM I wonder how they did all this. Maybe it was Harry Houdini

After doing all this they banged some the body too, then called insurance company filed a claim. The adjuster came and salvaged it. They bought it back and are trying to make some money off of it.

Don't believe the SALVAGE title bull shyt. You know how many flood damaged cars they brought over from New Orleans and got new titles for and sold them AS CLEAN TITLE??

NO WAY THIS CAR IS A CLEAN TITLE. BY LOOKING AT IT THE CAR CAN BE SALVAGED SO WHY THE HELL WON'T THE OWNER REPORT TO INSURANCE COMPANY AND GET THE BLUE BOOK?

YOU KNOW WHY BECAUSE HE DID AND THE CAR IS SALVAGE SO THEY PAID HIM THEN HE BOUGHT THE CAR BACK FOR 3-4 K MAX AND NOW IS TRYING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF IT.

Anyway just be careful, I know your not gonna go buy it off the bat but just be careful. We look out for people on this forum. We might come off as bad a$$e$ or rude but that's because we care for people.

If my friend were to buy this I would be aggressive like this with him too. Don't don't mind the aggression we are just looking out for you.

But you're an adult and it's your choice.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Karo, the original owner of the car is not the person who currently has it. It's at an auto wrecking service, see my previous post. This is clearly an insurance write-off.

I was only trying to prevent someone from making a costly mistake. I'm not sure where the OP thinks I get my info from, but I've learned a great deal about the W203 in my tenure here - and have studied cars my entire life. Having scrapped with State Farm on many occasions, I'm also aware of how this damaged-beyond-expected-value stuff works. If fixing that car had been financially responsible, the insurance company would not have decided to write it off.

But you know, if he wants to buy it, it'll be his problem. I've had my say and did my best to help him avoid it. It's not wise, but oh well.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
HOLY. CRAP.

S-forza209, have you ever owned a car before? Do you realize that as a "poor college student" buying a Benz outside of warranty alone is a stupid thing to do. And NO this car is NOT going to be under warranty even though it is an 07.

You will never put this thing back together with your budget.

You are insane if you think it's worth it to drive around without AC or a radio like you mentioned.

You say that you are going to go and "test every single button and electronic part" What the hell buttons and electronics are you referring to? They are all gone.

The body has clearly been damaged as evidenced by the misaligned bumper. Plenty of exterior parts are going to be missing on that car - the mesh obviously is gone and so are the fogs.

Half of this freaking car is missing. There's no way that all the components are there under the hood.

You're not going to buy it if a single wire is cut? TONS OF WIRES ARE CUT. There is no question. The rear speaker was ripped out - there is no way it could be removed as it was without taking that entire door skin off, and it's still attached.

You are indeed delusional, and you prove it because you come here asking questions and then arguing with the opinion of 100% of the respondents.

Game over. I would have been more respectful toward you with my post, but you don't seem to care about that.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 BMW 325CI
The car is not where ever you think it is jerk off. LILBENZ please go bash someone else's thread! I love these types of warm welcoming to forums. Anyways, Im going to check it out tomorrow and ill let you people know.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by acr2001
HOLY. CRAP.

S-forza209, have you ever owned a car before? Do you realize that as a "poor college student" buying a Benz outside of warranty alone is a stupid thing to do. And NO this car is NOT going to be under warranty even though it is an 07.

You will never put this thing back together with your budget.

You are insane if you think it's worth it to drive around without AC or a radio like you mentioned.

You say that you are going to go and "test every single button and electronic part" What the hell buttons and electronics are you referring to? They are all gone.

The body has clearly been damaged as evidenced by the misaligned bumper. Plenty of exterior parts are going to be missing on that car - the mesh obviously is gone and so are the fogs.

Half of this freaking car is missing. There's no way that all the components are there under the hood.

You're not going to buy it if a single wire is cut? TONS OF WIRES ARE CUT. There is no question. The rear speaker was ripped out - there is no way it could be removed as it was without taking that entire door skin off, and it's still attached.

You are indeed delusional, and you prove it because you come here asking questions and then arguing with the opinion of 100% of the respondents.

Game over. I would have been more respectful toward you with my post, but you don't seem to care about that.
Bro, this comment that he made is even funnier.

Originally Posted by S-forza209
I appreciate all of your feedback, but damn LILBENZ you dont have to be all rude and pissy about it like im arguing with you or something! I honestly dont agree with you. You are not looking at the good of this car. 2007, 17k miles, CLEAN TITLE, clean exterior, no dents, scratches, damages. Yea ok its missing some interior parts but im not "delusional" like you say. I have past knowledge of dealing with these types of cars and I know they are not cheap to work with but I have found the marjority of the parts. The nav being the priciest ($1500 on ebay) Im going to look at the car tomorrow, trying to drive it considering it doesnt have a drivers seat. Im going to switch, turn and push EVERY eletrical device in that car. If i feel that to much is gone from the interior then I know how to say no. Considering the price I may buy it because I have $3000 to try and piece that back together.

Havoc Vulture, I agree with you on that. Thats the major thing im going to inspect myself tomorrow. If their is even one CUT wire then its a no go for me.

There gonna let him drive a car without a seat.

Red/Blue flashing light:

"Is there a problem officer?"

Old 02-22-2010, 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Okay, man. It's not? Here's your proof:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1604797921.html

There's the car.

Here's the quote from the ad:

YOU CAN SEE THIS CAR AT 3624 RECYCLE RD
Here's the business at 3624 Recycle Road:

http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...s.916-635-2222

Here's the business category:

Categories: Autos | Auto Wreckers
Add dishonest to the list of qualities about you. You fail.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Banned

2003 BMW 325CI
Wow I honestly cant beleive what kind of feedback im getting from you people on this forum! From 3 pics you guys came to this conclusion? You people dont know the first things about this car besides what the pictures depict. Is this my first car? LOL no I buy and sale BMW's and i happen to come across this car and thought "hmmm ill check it out and do my research before I EVEN GO LOOK AT IT" I dont need you people who think they know it all criticize me because im curious about how much work this car will take? Did i say i've already made a deal with the owner? The car has a clean title, low miles, and a decent year. Im not going to make an impulsive buy especially on a car in this condition. Maybe I asked the wrong question because im certainly getting a whole bunch of wrong answers, And uneeded disrespect.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Banned

2003 BMW 325CI
Woooow LILBENZ you know how to use the internet?! Congrats queer. Like I said, you dont know the first thing about this car, but please please continue to act like you do because its giving me a little smile.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why did you ask if any answers other than "Yes! Buy it!" were unacceptable? We "people" know a ton about the W203 as a vehicle, and you don't have to be but slightly intelligent to see that this C230's good days are over.

at "getting a whole bunch of wrong answers" - you're completely clueless.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Hey guys i'm also a college student and i'm thinking of buying this Ferrari. I want to flip it and make some cash. I know the roof is damaged but I was thinking of just chopping it off and making a convertible. I know the fender is kind of messed up but I was thinking of bondoing the fender. The most important thing is it's not a SALVAGE title. The good news about this car is the seller says he will throw in the tree for free. SO maybe I can sell the tree which will pay for the repairs. What do you guys think?

I forgot to mention it also might need an alignment.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Congrats queer.
How did you know? I smell a ban coming on. There's no room here for your immature behavior.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
The ad that LILBENZ dug up says "fully loaded".

I can tell you from looking at what is left of that car that it was not fully loaded. And it certainly isn't fully loaded anymore

You wanted an idea of parts? Figuring out all of the part numbers alone would be a huge project, so this is the best I'm willing to do and I'm sure many other parts that I can't see are missing. (BTW thank you for calling me a jerk off I really do appreciate that because it is a highly accurate description. Especially since I am helping you build your "parts list")

Here you go:

center vent
side vent
side vent
radio
upper switch row
climate control panel
shifter surround
whole bunch of wood trim pieces
cup holder
entire drivers seat
entire passengers seat
dash center mesh (is this even available?)
glove box door!!
side covers for dash (I assume both sides)
rear seat
rear door(s) speaker and speaker cover and possibly entire door panel
front door(s) speaker, cover
front passenger side interior door sill
rear ash tray assembly
fog light
fog light
bumper mesh left
bumper mesh center
bumper mesh right
WHEELS x4!!!!
front tow cover
tons of nuts bolts and screws - what a nightmare it will be to find all the right hardware.
rear tow cover??
front bumper re-aligned
PROGRAMMING - SRS at the very least
MECHANICAL PARTS?! What the hell is under the hood?!

This car is toast.

Spend 11k on a nice lightly used Mazda 3 and call it a day. You will NEVER accomplish this without going over budget and winding up with a piece of junk for a car.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
How did you know? I smell a ban coming on. There's no room here for your immature behavior.

What a dumbass... he must be a freshman in college at best since he still uses useless high school insults.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by acr2001
(BTW thank you for calling me a jerk off I really do appreciate that because it is a highly accurate description.
I hate to rain on your parade, but I'm pretty sure he was calling me the jerk off (which is fine, given the source) when he was lying about where the car was. The queer part, well, that's pretty funny too and just shows intellectual weakness. Nonetheless, it's a bit crass and offensive.. but again, the source must be considered. This is probably his first and final day here, anyway.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
I hate to rain on your parade, but I'm pretty sure he was calling me the jerk off
Ah, apologies are in order then! Shame though, I was very happy that a gentleman of his stature would hold me in such high regard.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Banned

2003 BMW 325CI
Hey thanks ACR for the parts list! Now that wasnt that hard to come up with was it? I dont mean any disrespect to anyone on this wonderful wonderful MB forum but damn was all that nescessary? And hey Karo? was that your Ferrari? You shouldnt drive that fast and those trees dont move out of the way, even for sweet Ferraris like that one. Guess you figured that out the hard way
Old 02-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Banned

2003 BMW 325CI
Immature behavior LILBENZ? 2000 post later and your still here?!? hahahahahaha
Old 02-22-2010, 05:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Hey thanks ACR for the parts list! Now that wasnt that hard to come up with was it? I dont mean any disrespect to anyone on this wonderful wonderful MB forum but damn was all that nescessary? And hey Karo? was that your Ferrari? You shouldnt drive that fast and those trees dont move out of the way, even for sweet Ferraris like that one. Guess you figured that out the hard way
No need to thank me. I agree with them. I think the response was pretty much what anyone would expect. You posted something absurd, they tried to tell you that it was absurd and they were naturally a bit pushy about it as anyone would be. You then escalated it. This is how the internets work, and this forum is pretty damn gentle compared to the rest of the interwebs.
Remember - internets = serious business.

That 'parts list' I gave you is just the few things that are obvious from the pic and it is obscenely oversimplified and partial. Trust me, I didn't really do any work for you compared to what you would have to do in order to restore this car. Get it through your head - it is not doable under your circumstances and even if it were, it is certainly not worth that price! It's hard enough to buy one of these cars and not find nasty surprises when it is in GOOD SHAPE.

If you don't believe us than maybe buying it will teach you a valuable lesson.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Immature behavior LILBENZ? 2000 post later and your still here?!? hahahahahaha
What the hell is funny about that? The fact that he provides a free service to people by contributing information and helping them?

You on the other hand will post asking for help and then never return here (until the next time you need help). If everyone acted as "maturely" as you, then forums like this wouldn't even exist.

With that I will go back to eating my popcorn from the front row.

I guess this image is a little late....
Old 02-22-2010, 05:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
What can I say I'm not a pro when it comes to cars like you are. You should open up a reality show because you mentioned how you buy cars and sell them. Maybe you can call it "Flipper". Show people how you buy a beat up car and magically make 10k profit on it.

I need your advice, I want to buy that Ferrari. What do you think if I don't repair the roof and just chop it off and make it into a convertible (roadster)? Everyone is telling me "No Way" but since they are not agreeing with me (since I know what I am doing even though I have never owned a Ferrari) I get mad and call people "Queers" and "Jerk offs".
Old 02-22-2010, 05:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The seats are completely missing, this would lead to SRS errors. You have to have 2007 seats with headrests because they are different than all other years. The car's dead, man. It should be sold FOR parts, not sold to someone who intends to piece in back together and try to flip it for a profit. Do you really think $8,500 plus repairs and then you're gonna sell a car like this for how much again? The resale value has already dropped significantly just from age. No one is going to buy this car with this past, and unless everything is perfect (and it won't be, trust me) you're not gonna pull one over on someone.

As I said, forget it. This one is a salvage, regardless of what Carfax says. Do you have the VIN? I can run an autocheck for you. Move on. Buy a 2005 with more miles, they look the same and go for pretty cheap nowadays.
This is post 8 in this thread. What exactly in this post warranted personal attacks? I even offered to run an autocheck for you - free. Of course the VIN isn't available. After giving you the same sound advice three times, I got a little frustrated that you continued to believe that this would just, IDK, buff right out - and inferring that I was just against it without really knowing anything about the car. But it was never personal. Delusional is a state of mind (in this case, temporary) and that doesn't make any sort of statement about who you are as a person, unlike your name-calling and slurs.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:47 AM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
to be honest. id take the c class if they let me take it for like 4k TOPS

drop like a good 10k in parts and upgrades, and get upgraded CF trim. you have a nice c for 14k.

but even 4 k for the car is pushing it man. and these idiots want 11thousand? holy cow what the....
Old 02-22-2010, 05:49 AM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
ay and im originally from modesto 209 too. and im telling you this as a central valley brother.

offer them 4,000 thats it no more. walk in like you know your ***** and look at the car over and see everything no missing wires or crap.

then look at the dude, while your wearing sun glasses, tilt the sun glasses a bit, and say, "ill give you 4,000 cash right now."

they start laughing or saying something stupid, just walk away. not one single word man.

209!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Infantry, your estimate of $10,000 in parts is probably not out of the realm of possibilities. The car is in sad shape. It's not just big components. It's tons of little things to make it all work again that will be very difficult even with large cash reserves, and all but impossible with a small budget. $11,500 (8500 + 3000) buys a nice used car.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Banned

2003 BMW 325CI
^^ Yo where did you get 11 thousand from? Another thing you people keeps making up? I appreciate the help MATT but did I ever ever give you the impression that i was tied down to this car? That im going to hop on over to sac and throw the cash in the guys face, take the car home and hope for the best? Umm no MATT. You got a little frustrated after the first message you posted. Then you tried to do your own little search and beleive what you found yourself.. I came to this forum with an obvisously little knownledge of the C-class MB. Millions of people buy salvage cars that have been hit by a Mack ****ing truck at 80 mph, peice it back together and sale/ drive it. This car is missing interior parts and can ALL BE PUT BACK TOGETHER.

Karo, youve asked the same question twice about that Ferrari. The first time yea ok trying to be funny, the second time? Please just STFU.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **Please anyone help** 2007 C230 dash totally stripped!