C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Clear Back Clusters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK Coupe 200 Komp 53 Plate
Lightbulb Clear Back Clusters

Is there anywhere I can get clear rear clusters yet, or should i get them sprayed with the same silver as the car.

Or even lexus style rear clusters

cheers Neil
Old 03-23-2003, 04:35 PM

death to altezza's!
Old 03-23-2003, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Do you really want to degrade your Benz with Altezza-style taillights?
Old 03-23-2003, 05:09 PM

No i'm just looking for something different i'd really like clear back lights
Old 03-23-2003, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Re: Clear Back Clusters

Originally posted by cliffybabe

Gay.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SLK Special Edition
I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but your car will look like a cheaper or less prestigious car if you do anything like what you have mentioned to your lights. I know that is just my opinion but I have a feeling it is also the opinion of many other Mercedes owners, except for a few coupe owners who can't help but enter the import scene with their Mercedes. I'm not against modifying cars or the exterior of cars, but there are just certian things that should just be left alone.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:58 PM

my 2 cents

I just think it wouldn't look right
Old 03-24-2003, 12:45 AM

C230K Sport Coupe
Outland.....

Eloquent!
Old 03-24-2003, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Re: Re: Clear Back Clusters

Originally posted by Outland
Gay.
Got that right!
Old 03-24-2003, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Re: Clear Back Clusters

Is there anywhere I can get clear rear clusters yet, or should i get them sprayed with the same silver as the car.

cheers Neil
Good idea! Spray them solid silver! Who needs those stinky stop lights, anyway.

Last edited by vadim; 03-24-2003 at 02:35 AM.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:21 AM

07' ML350
death to altezza's!
GGrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

but hey....no altezzas please to non-altezza cars!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:04 AM

Fare enough, but I'm 20 I've just got the car before this I had a maxed Honda civic, it was fully loaded but I liked the look of the merc.

Now I want to play with it and as for the comment of yeah spray them solid I meant translucent silver based.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:38 PM

c230 Coupe
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cliffybabe
[B]Fare enough, but I'm 20 I've just got the car before this I had a maxed Honda civic, it was fully loaded but I liked the look of the merc.

yes we can tell you had a civic
Old 03-24-2003, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Originally posted by hokusbenz
yes we can tell you had a civic
LOL!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 02:12 PM
taylor192

Fare enough, but I'm 20 I've just got the car before this I had a maxed Honda civic, it was fully loaded but I liked the look of the merc.

Now I want to play with it and as for the comment of yeah spray them solid I meant translucent silver based.
Don't listen to most on here, they think almost any mod is "rice" that's not performance related. I find the people on www.csportcoupe.com much more open to mods, so you might want to check there for more ideas, too many sedan owners here who hate us "ricer" coupe owners.

I just finished smoking my tail-lights and think it looks great, even on a Brilliant Silver car due to the black window opening in the hatch and the black roof lines of the panoramic roof, makes everything seem to flow together better.

If anyone is selling their side markers cheap, I'd love to have another set of amber ones to try and paint translucent silver to better match the body work. I smoked the side markers, basically just as a practice for smoking the tail-lights, I like the look, but it would look better in silver.

Your idea about the "clear lenses" will probably never happen. My original thought was I'd like lenses that more mimic the rest of the C-class, with the horizonal white stripes for the turn signals and reverse lights.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Taylor, first off I'm a coupe owner. :p Second, Altezza-style taillights are the EPITOME of rice, not just a mod that elitests look down upon.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:43 PM
taylor192

Originally posted by session
Taylor, first off I'm a coupe owner. :p Second, Altezza-style taillights are the EPITOME of rice, not just a mod that elitests look down upon.
That atttiude is going to change soon. The new Altima and Maxima both have altezza style lights, and both look very good, and Lexus has been doing it for a few years, on the IS300 and now the RX. If you even look at the new Land Rovers, and some GM SUVs, they are starting to latch onto the circular design queues of the altezza lights, same with the new Mazda 6 and RX-8.

Altezzas are going to become more and more mainstream as more manufacturers start taking styling queues from them, but that leaves the question, what's next? We all know Altezzas are popular because people want that "unique" look, but as its nolonger unique, what will the next fad be?
Old 03-24-2003, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
As a matter of fact I think that Nissan has taken a step in a horribly wrong direction with their styling (with the exception of the Z). The Altima is an ugly excuse for a car -- I had to drive one around for a week when my coupe was in the shop.

It will be interesting to see what the latest fad is. I think it would be cool to see people install wings on their roofs perpendicular to the windshield, kind of like a shark fin. After all, sharks have great handling.
Old 03-24-2003, 03:35 PM

2004 SLK Special Edition
I'd love to see smoke-stacks replace the typical exhaust system. Why should trucks be the only vehicles with them?
Old 03-24-2003, 05:03 PM

You wait once I've finished with my coupe it will look better than ever, besides you slate me for wanting to be different and want to enjoy my car most of you have done some sort of mod, like twin back boxes, amg roof lip, new wheels, lowered suspension etc and you all forget you want to be different so do I
Old 03-24-2003, 05:25 PM

2003 C32
You wait once I've finished with my coupe it will look better than ever, besides you slate me for wanting to be different and want to enjoy my car most of you have done some sort of mod, like twin back boxes, amg roof lip, new wheels, lowered suspension etc and you all forget you want to be different so do I
These "non-performance" mods that people add are usually built by a recognized tuner such as AMG or Brabus (I'm going to leave out Lorinser here, just because I don't like their stuff and I feel like being catty.). None of those firms has ventured into re-designing the light system.

Be sure to put an AMG badge on your car too; it adds 134 horsepower instantly.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
A typical trap teenagers fall into so often: they want to be "different", but find no better way of doing that than acting like hundreds of others around. You want to be "different", and to do so you choose to install Altezza-like lamps carried around by millions of Civics. How very original.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 Sedan
You want to be different add some neon..... :p
Old 03-24-2003, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by taylor192
That atttiude is going to change soon.
I'm all for pushing the bounds, and unique styling...but when you all are doing the same thing to be 'different', how is that special?

If you even look at the new Land Rovers, and some GM SUVs, they are starting to latch onto the circular design queues of the altezza lights, same with the new Mazda 6 and RX-8.

There's a difference between the multi element or composite tailights, which have a black or other color fixture design that incorporates multiple and different smaller projector lenses with a clear plastic bezel covering them and the chrome dish 'bling bling look at me" with a round red lense in it---like most of the gay looking "Altezza" lights. The C230 Coupe tailights actually fall into the multi element class- the upper portion has a lense recessed in a black fixture with clear plastic over it. Many of these are the same technology and construction used on multi element and projector headlights, just used on the back of the car.

The GM lights are nothing like Altezzas, or the multil element lights, they have fixtures that have an actual round relief. Covettes- and Chevy's in general, have had round tailights for decades...so have Opels- hence the design of the multi element units in the Opel Speedster. Sorry, the Altezza has not rewritten the styling manual.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:51 AM
taylor192

Originally posted by Outland
I'm all for pushing the bounds, and unique styling...but when you all are doing the same thing to be 'different', how is that special?
The GM lights are nothing like Altezzas, or the multil element lights, they have fixtures that have an actual round relief. Covettes- and Chevy's in general, have had round tailights for decades...so have Opels- hence the design of the multi element units in the Opel Speedster. Sorry, the Altezza has not rewritten the styling manual.
I see Civics and Cavaliers all the time up here with Altezza lights, but the reason I see them all the time is because they stand out, I actually thought about it one day and while I was driving noticed how many other Civics and Cavaliers there are, and yes, even if to be different they are all being the same, the percentage of modded Civics and Cavaliers are very small (at least up here).

A couple of my friends would do another mod besides Altezzas but they do it for 2 simple reasons:
1. Its easily available, the don't have the time or equipment to manufacture their own plastic housings or they probably would.
2. They stand out, people do notice them.

The mod I'd love to see next is mutli-element lights with blinking patterns. Like the mod available for mid-90's Mustangs where the 3 brake lights will sequence to produce a flashing pattern that points in the direct they are turning. With the usuage of LEDs rising, this will probably become easier to do.

As for the GM comment, look at the tail-lights on the newer Trailblazer/Jimmy and see how they have been change from a flat design to 2 circles protruding from the housing, I think the Jeep Liberty uses something similar too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Back Clusters