C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mtec HID issues, and Turn signal, and steering wheel controls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Coupe
Mtec HID issues, and Turn signal, and steering wheel controls

2 quick problems, first of all im starting to speculate that my Mtecs that was sold to me are fake, ill post a picture of the ballast later so if any of you experts can tell. anyway, my one side is having trouble turning on, the bulb seems to be ok cuz it works every now and then but a friend suggest its the ballast, is there anyway to really tell? or if anyone else has seen a similar problem? basically it turns on if i switch my lights on manually, at least sometimes, usually it might even start up while i drive but much later then the other side which is instant. and if id does that the on board computer says the bulb is out.

also i've been having trouble with my left signal light, i changed the bulb and nothing happened. i took it in and they say its the module or socket or something, i cant seem to find any DIY threads on the replacement, and i was wondering if anyone has any?

finally my control on my steering wheel on the left is not working. it was replaced once, so i thought it was the part, when i took it in they said i need a whole new part. does anyone have any suggests to for a DIY and possibly somewhere where i can buy this OEM part for cheap? i'm trying to find my receipt to give you guys the part number

thanks for any help that can be given
Old 04-18-2010, 07:27 PM

2006 c230 Sport
also i've been having trouble with my left signal light, i changed the bulb and nothing happened. i took it in and they say its the module or socket or something, i cant seem to find any DIY threads on the replacement, and i was wondering if anyone has any?
my co-worker had a problem with her turn signal awhile back. one of my techs said it was the socket. he didnt have to replace it though. he just had play with some metal pins and now works fine. not sure what he did exactly though. I thought this was supposedly a common problem?
Old 04-19-2010, 06:26 AM

2002 C230 Coupe
now that i think about it i think it is something about the socket, does anyone know if theres any way to fix it?