C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Best Orlando Dealership?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004.0 C230 Sedan
Best Orlando Dealership?

Hey guys, I just moved to Orlando and I need to get the belt tensioner replaced on my 04 C230 Sedan. Unfortunately this job is quite intensive and doesn't look to be a good idea to DIY. Can someone recommend which dealer in Orlando is the better of the 2? MB of Orlando or MB of South Orlando? Thanks!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:34 PM

Saab 900 SE
Id call and see what the labor cost is, MB dealer service is pretty standard, have you considered looking for a indy shop, there usually much cheaper and way more knowledgeable if you get one that specialized in MBs.

I in sarasota use Encore motor cars they have MB techs that used to work at our local dealer and everything is half the cost.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:40 PM

C240
I recommend going to Zotz Garage. It's one of the cheapest places price-wise, but great in work. They specialize in german cars, which is nice. Lots of S-Classes and Porches are in there. When I say affordable here, I mean best price in town.

If you insist on an MB dealer, you have the choice of MB of Orlando (Maitland), or MB of South Orlando (near Mall of Milenia). The one in Maitland feels more "at home", if you will, and the one in S. Orlando is more executive-like, same quality in work. Take your pic. :thumbs:
Old 05-04-2010, 09:40 PM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by AdidasC230
Id call and see what the labor cost is, MB dealer service is pretty standard, have you considered looking for a indy shop, there usually much cheaper and way more knowledgeable if you get one that specialized in MBs.

I in sarasota use Encore motor cars they have MB techs that used to work at our local dealer and everything is half the cost.
I called a few indies in Ohio before I moved here, but they were all about the same cost as the dealership. The book quotes 4.3 hours in labor. The dealership quoted me $450 in labor, while 2 different indies quoted me $390. At this price, I would rather just go to the dealer. If Encore gives me a good price, I would be willing to drive to Sarasota for the day. I can go spend the day at Siesta Key!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:05 PM

C240
Originally Posted by XenonBenz
I called a few indies in Ohio before I moved here, but they were all about the same cost as the dealership. The book quotes 4.3 hours in labor. The dealership quoted me $450 in labor, while 2 different indies quoted me $390. At this price, I would rather just go to the dealer. If Encore gives me a good price, I would be willing to drive to Sarasota for the day. I can go spend the day at Siesta Key!
Siesta Key is one hell of a place. Clear waters for the win. But, I second your opinion, for just 60 bucks more, I'd rather do it at the dealer.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C320 4Matic
take a look at euro image on the corner of 434 and Mitchell Hammock, they do great work and at fair prices. I've been to two dealerships around here, one in maitland and one that was in orlando on millenia blvd and both were extremely expensive and tried to rip me off big time by saying i needed things done that i didnt. The S/A at the Millenia one flat out told me that the dealership was broke and that theyd be trying to get every penny out of me that they could.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:32 AM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by laneshift
I recommend going to Zotz Garage. It's one of the cheapest places price-wise, but great in work. They specialize in german cars, which is nice. Lots of S-Classes and Porches are in there. When I say affordable here, I mean best price in town.

If you insist on an MB dealer, you have the choice of MB of Orlando (Maitland), or MB of South Orlando (near Mall of Milenia). The one in Maitland feels more "at home", if you will, and the one in S. Orlando is more executive-like, same quality in work. Take your pic. :thumbs:
I will give Zotz a call. I don't insist on going to a dealer by any means. But I would rather go to a dealer than an indy if the repair cost is going to be the same. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
Originally Posted by XenonBenz
I will give Zotz a call. I don't insist on going to a dealer by any means. But I would rather go to a dealer than an indy if the repair cost is going to be the same. Thanks!
I just saw this thread:
For any future work you may need, I recommend a small but great Indy shop in Apopka: Rene's Specializing in Mercedes-Benz.
His price for B service on my SL was less than half of what the dealer quoted. He's an M-Bz Master Tech.

I will not patronize MB of Orlando again - took them 4 hours to do an A service with no explanation - just strung me along on a Saturday. I have not tried MB of South Orlando.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:01 AM

C240
Originally Posted by Sgooter
I just saw this thread:
For any future work you may need, I recommend a small but great Indy shop in Apopka: Rene's Specializing in Mercedes-Benz.
His price for B service on my SL was less than half of what the dealer quoted. He's an M-Bz Master Tech.

I will not patronize MB of Orlando again - took them 4 hours to do an A service with no explanation - just strung me along on a Saturday. I have not tried MB of South Orlando.
South Orlando can suck it. Charged me 24 bucks for yellow, dull, city lights. 3 dollars for white ones at Auto Zone.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C320 4Matic
i just got a business card for Rene's slipped into my window with a stapled copy oof his master certification on the back. gonna be giving him a call next time something blows up