MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203-3/)
-   -   W203 C230K Kleeman Header + Tuning Technology Motorsports (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/352945-w203-c230k-kleeman-header-tuning-technology-motorsports.html)

W203E35 06-03-2010 04:23 PM

I'm guessing that will work. If Bruce set the 230k with just a Kleemann header to stage 1 and you have pulley and a ported S/C i'm sure you can bump up an extra 5% (stage 2).

Ed, are you guys going to have a Coupe Pano Roof Meet?? You guys should really set one up, 6 heads are better than 1. :)

samaritrey 06-03-2010 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Karo (Post 4102873)
Bruce got back to me and everything is cool now. He is very knowledgeable and I feel terrible for questioning and also insulting his intelligence. Again I would like to apologize to Bruce and wish him and his company luck in the future. He taught most of us something new and instead of thanking him I questioned him and insulted him which I feel like a total ass for doing.

Sorry for my behavior Bruce and thanks for the info.

Takes a real man to apologize :y

SeaCoupe 06-03-2010 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Karo (Post 4102936)
I'm guessing that will work. If Bruce set the 230k with just a Kleemann header to stage 1 and you have pulley and a ported S/C i'm sure you can bump up an extra 5% (stage 2).

Ed, are you guys going to have a Coupe Pano Roof Meet?? You guys should really set one up, 6 heads are better than 1. :)

Hey, I tried calling you. I'm down for it.
I'll post in the thread.

W203E35 06-03-2010 04:55 PM

Set one up and let me know :y, i'm down.

In my area I have horrible service. Man lately AT&T has been horrible. I think they took down some towers to save money :X

TTMotorsports 06-03-2010 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife (Post 4102901)
Bruce, I'm appreciative that you have taken the time to come in here and share some knowledge. I hope that we don't rub you the wrong way in here. Too many times, we get someone in here talking big things with nothing to deliver. Heck, I even recall someone coming in here and saying that tieing a resistor into an 02 output was the way to go.

Karo is a good guy whose intentions are true.

Okay, I'm hoping to get a take away of knowledge here.

Can Star/SDS give me a real time A/F number. As in you get in the car, stomp it and have someone read the resultant numbers?

My beloved M111 engine is a lean runner. Using The SDS, it would seem that I could enrich to the stage 2 for 15% more fuel? Believe me, I could use it. I have a Kleeman Pulley, and a ported S/C.

I'll make my car the guinea pig for the M111. Karo, where you at!

Ed

Ed-
I would install some data logging equipment or even get a code reader that has logging capability to monitor your O2 sensors and see what your voltage is which can be translated into an approximate A/F ratio. A wideband will give actual A/F reading as opposed to a narrowband that will give voltage.

Remember LEAN IS MEAN but.........RICH IS SAFE! I don't know if there is anyone with a full Kleemann package but has anyone tried to run a colder plug? 50-100 degree decrease in EGT helps A LOT!!!

Try Stage 1 first and see if that helps at all. How lean are you running?

Honestly guys I thought what I have brought to MBWorld knowledge and help wise and the cars that I have built would have preceded me in this forum but I was wrong. I thought at least some of you(Karo :D) would have searched me out on MBWorld or the internet before flaming me.:y I've learned a long time ago not to get into pi$$ing contests with people that do not do this for a living but sometimes you just have to clear the air.

I am here to help the best I can and if I have access to more C's(besides C63's) I am sure I can find some interesting stuff for you guys to use.

It is all good guys!!:bow::bow:

Glyn M Ruck 06-03-2010 06:10 PM

Karo old sport, thanks for your enthusiasm and help to members on this board,

If we don't ask questions we don't learn so don't be hard on yourself. We have a number of so called tuners on this forum that are total idiots & do it for a living & are sponsors. A certain pulley manufacturer comes to mind. Bruce is of different mettle thank god!

Another thing to remember is that we are not talking racing engines here. Running our engines squeaky lean at close to stoichiometric will not achieve the best output - they need a little more fuel to do that. They will be a dog with 14 to 1> AF ratio. If alcohol is present in the fuel that really messes with things because it is partially oxygenated & only requires an AF ratio of about 9 to 1 to fully combust the alcohol portion which further fouls the equation.

I'm accustomed to tuning 2 stroke 500cc Honda & Yamaha racing motorcycles with tight squish bands & <1 thou piston to bore clearance. These beasts will produce more power the leaner you take them until they seize when you run them under trees in an oxygen rich environment.

So don't be tempted to lean out our cars excessively. You will ruin driveability & create engine stumble, hesitation & potential flat spots even with fuel injection. Our MAFs are simply not accurate enough to go for borderline tuning.

W203E35 06-03-2010 06:51 PM

Thanks for your kind words Glyn and the rest of the members. I guess my inappropriate act made this thread more educational :D.

Maybe Bruce can help, hey Bruce have you guys ever done the Fuel Tank Mod on the facelift w203?

I was soo close to getting this done and no joke my laptop battery was low and I didn't want it to shut down so I exited out of DAS (Ed is my witness to the horrible battery life) and now I can't find it.

The Gas Tank Mod (Shows actual miles left on a tank) can be done with DAS in Developer Mode.

ICM>Diagnosis to Plant Specification (Developer Mode)>Variant Coding>then something like tankinfo + reiche....

I saw it before and now can't find it. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough.

Milkm4n 06-03-2010 08:50 PM

i am interested in having both of my rear fog light's work and my engine fan kicking in 15 degrees sooner

W203E35 06-03-2010 08:54 PM

Change your sig loser. I'll hook you up with that, but i'm going to ask more of a favor in return.

Glyn M Ruck 06-03-2010 08:55 PM

Do US delivered cars not show miles or kilometres to empty? I wonder who made that decision??? All SA cars do - pre & post facelift. I find it most useful.

W203E35 06-03-2010 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck (Post 4103394)
Do US delivered cars not show miles or kilometres to empty? I wonder who made that decision??? All SA cars do - pre & post facelift. I find it most useful.

Nope, all we get is just a light on the cluster. I don't know why they would do that to us :nix: It's a very useful feature. John when you get a chance can you see if you can get it to work?? I don't remember if I sent you the Developer Key with the CDs but if not I can email it to you.

zerocover 06-04-2010 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Karo (Post 4103401)
Nope, all we get is just a light on the cluster. I don't know why they would do that to us :nix: It's a very useful feature. John when you get a chance can you see if you can get it to work?? I don't remember if I sent you the Developer Key with the CDs but if not I can email it to you.

Wait what? I have a miles to empty meter, its on the same menu with the start mpg and avg mpg. The warning light comes on with about 60 miles to empty, and the pull up to a pump now warning comes up at exactly 30 miles to empty. Below 30 miles the meter doesn't work and only shows a picture of the car pulling up to a gas pump.

johnand 06-04-2010 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by zerocover (Post 4104086)
Wait what? I have a miles to empty meter, its on the same menu with the start mpg and avg mpg. The warning light comes on with about 60 miles to empty, and the pull up to a pump now warning comes up at exactly 30 miles to empty. Below 30 miles the meter doesn't work and only shows a picture of the car pulling up to a gas pump.

It is not miles to empty, it is GALLONS to empty, and it is not enabled on US cars. Mine was enabled by Sunil about a year ago. I remember seeing it when playing around in STAR. I'll post where it is at when I get a chance.

johnand 06-04-2010 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Milkm4n (Post 4103386)
i am interested in having both of my rear fog light's work and my engine fan kicking in 15 degrees sooner

The engine fan kicking on sooner is called Desert Mode.

TTMotorsports 06-04-2010 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Karo (Post 4103195)
Thanks for your kind words Glyn and the rest of the members. I guess my inappropriate act made this thread more educational :D.

Maybe Bruce can help, hey Bruce have you guys ever done the Fuel Tank Mod on the facelift w203?

I was soo close to getting this done and no joke my laptop battery was low and I didn't want it to shut down so I exited out of DAS (Ed is my witness to the horrible battery life) and now I can't find it.

The Gas Tank Mod (Shows actual miles left on a tank) can be done with DAS in Developer Mode.

ICM>Diagnosis to Plant Specification (Developer Mode)>Variant Coding>then something like tankinfo + reiche....

I saw it before and now can't find it. Maybe i'm not looking hard enough.

Karo-
DAS Simulation doesn't show all items for every model in each class so I couldn't find it when I was in this mode. I tried though!:y

You don't need Developer mode for MANY items that you can change though normal SDS use. You just have to agree to transfer the coding and that will save it.

If only I had access to a couple of W203 and W204's.............the things I could find. I just finished updating to Xentry so now have COMPLETE ACCESS to W204's, W207's and W212's! Let the fun begin!:eek:

W203E35 06-04-2010 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by johnand (Post 4104136)
It is not miles to empty, it is GALLONS to empty, and it is not enabled on US cars. Mine was enabled by Sunil about a year ago. I remember seeing it when playing around in STAR. I'll post where it is at when I get a chance.

Wait it's only gallons or miles? I was told it's miles. If it's only gallons it's not a big deal for me, I want actual miles.

I was told by Rollnnn that there is a Gas Tank mod that he saw where actual miles are shown. I couldn't find it anywhere in the ICM. I even did an Initial Start and programmed the ICM and again nothing. That's when I went to Developer and looked through all the German (I did learn a little German thanks to DAS :-) and something that said tankinfo which I thought was the gas tank info and man my battery was soo low so I exited out of DAS so it doesn't turn off while i'm in a control unit.

W203E35 06-04-2010 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by TTMotorsports (Post 4104177)
Karo-
DAS Simulation doesn't show all items for every model in each class so I couldn't find it when I was in this mode. I tried though!:y

You don't need Developer mode for MANY items that you can change though normal SDS use. You just have to agree to transfer the coding and that will save it.

If only I had access to a couple of W203 and W204's.............the things I could find. I just finished updating to Xentry so now have COMPLETE ACCESS to W204's, W207's and W212's! Let the fun begin!:eek:

It's all good Bruce, thanks for trying. If I figure it out i'll document it so you guys can offer it to the w203 guys.

W203E35 06-04-2010 05:43 PM

Mine now says "Distance 169 miles"

I'll have to take it out for a spin later and see if this number decreases. If it does then this is Miles left to Empty

johnand 06-04-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Karo (Post 4104709)
Wait it's only gallons or miles? I was told it's miles. If it's only gallons it's not a big deal for me, I want actual miles.

I was told by Rollnnn that there is a Gas Tank mod that he saw where actual miles are shown. I couldn't find it anywhere in the ICM. I even did an Initial Start and programmed the ICM and again nothing. That's when I went to Developer and looked through all the German (I did learn a little German thanks to DAS :-) and something that said tankinfo which I thought was the gas tank info and man my battery was soo low so I exited out of DAS so it doesn't turn off while i'm in a control unit.

Mine has always shown distance till empty (Range). Sunil programmed "tank content" for me. See this pic: Top line was there from the factory bottom line added via STAR.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_8Kf4h7wR_Hs/TA...0/100_1060.jpg

W203E35 06-04-2010 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by johnand (Post 4104855)
Mine has always shown distance till empty (Range). Sunil programmed "tank content" for me. See this pic: Top line was there from the factory bottom line added via STAR.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_8Kf4h7wR_Hs/TA...0/100_1060.jpg

Wow thanks for the pic John.

Mine just says Distance. Do you recall how this was done?

W203E35 06-04-2010 09:38 PM

Hell Ya....I did it!!!!!

Before:

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1275701822

Process: (notice those 2 "tankinfo" have to be activated" then you must go in actuations and "ECU Reset" all done in Developer Mode)

After:

Sorry for the crap quality cell phone pics

Summary:
ICM> Developer Mode> Variant Coding> Variant Coderung> Change to avtivate> Actuations> ECU Reset (always have to reset in developer mode while in regular reset is done automatically)

W203E35 06-04-2010 09:40 PM

You can see before it said my miles left were 98. After it says my miles left are 169. I believe this is because it checks your actual miles per gallon. Since I did a reset it probably went back to normal instead of my heavy foot driving :)

samaritrey 06-04-2010 10:59 PM

i wonder if this is possible on pre facelift ones such as mine?

Glyn M Ruck 06-05-2010 05:00 AM

Trey - on pre facelift cars you can certainly have Range = xx Miles/Km, or Remaining fuel: xx Gals/litres. I don't know whether it can display both at the same time. Pre facelift cars frequently have more bells & whistles that you can switch in than post facelift.

GotDaBenz 06-05-2010 11:13 AM

On my '04 it will display "range" in miles or km. Presumably this is based on a number of factors such as : quantity in tank, current mpg, current speed, etc. getting number of gallons left would be nice as well as real-time mpg.