C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

stalling question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2003 | 08:16 AM

07' ML350
stalling question

my car stalls from time to time since new a year ago, it stalls in the ff conditions:

1. whether engine is cold or not
2. when the car is slowing down on a highway / stop go traffic
3. when the car is moving very slowy (e.g. driveway)
4. whether it is driven on short and long trips.

and after stalling, starting again is not a problem

the ff. facts:

1. RPM is okay during idling, it just suddenly drops to 0 rpm when it "wants" to stall---when running.

2. Engine runs well when idling with the tranny in "p"Park.

3. Stalls only on "D"drive.

My car has been stored for a year before i bought it brandnew, coz the dealer had a problem with too much inventory and little sales volume. Car stalls daily when it was new, but as i drove it everyday, after a few months, the car ran well, only until last march when i didnt use it for around 5days when i was away. now, the stalling problem is back.

any ideas on wat possible "part" to replace???????? or any similar experience? i know stalling C240s is quite a common issue over there, but then again, no dealer here, so i have to make d repairs myself.
Old 04-05-2003 | 10:30 AM

C230K Sport Coupe
I had a very similar problem with hesitation (near stalling - RPM drop) in the same conditions you described. My MB tech test drove the car and noticed it as well (mine was a little intermittent). He put it on the star cart and increased the IDLE RPM by 30 (yes... just 30) and all is well now. I watched he diagnostics... amazing, how much detail they can acquire from the EMS..

Good Luck!
Old 05-05-2003 | 08:26 AM

C320
Re: stalling question

Originally posted by BruNo
my car stalls from time to time since new a year ago, it stalls in the ff conditions:

1. whether engine is cold or not
2. when the car is slowing down on a highway / stop go traffic
3. when the car is moving very slowy (e.g. driveway)
4. whether it is driven on short and long trips.

and after stalling, starting again is not a problem

the ff. facts:

1. RPM is okay during idling, it just suddenly drops to 0 rpm when it "wants" to stall---when running.

2. Engine runs well when idling with the tranny in "p"Park.

3. Stalls only on "D"drive.

My car has been stored for a year before i bought it brandnew, coz the dealer had a problem with too much inventory and little sales volume. Car stalls daily when it was new, but as i drove it everyday, after a few months, the car ran well, only until last march when i didnt use it for around 5days when i was away. now, the stalling problem is back.

any ideas on wat possible "part" to replace???????? or any similar experience? i know stalling C240s is quite a common issue over there, but then again, no dealer here, so i have to make d repairs myself.
I have a 2002 C320 with less than 2000 miles and my car seems to have the same symptoms does anyone have any solutions.
When I called the two dealers over the phone in my region both replied that I was the first time they heard of it.

Thanks Neil